Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 08-30-2012, 09:29 PM   #1
Zacheus83

Drives: 2012 IOM LT/RS - 2008 CTS 3.6L
Red Clazzio seats in IOM Camaro [Pictures]

Greetings!

I decided to order Clazzio's Black/Red/Red which is Black seats, Red inserts, and Red stitching, instead of waiting for Black/Black/Orange. The rub is that I own an IOM.

For those wondering if this combination "works" or looks awful, check out the pictures below.

Installation

The instructions that came with the packaging were garbage. Thankfully, Clazzio has videos on youtube that show the installation process. Overall installation time was 2 hours. Front seats took 35 minutes. Back seats took much longer, but that was because it took forever for me to figure out what I was looking for.

Ordering

Clazzio was as horrible as any other company at communicating. I called in to place the order... my only concern was to order something that was in stock. I was told Black/Black/Orange would come in on Friday (I called in on Tuesday July 31).

Called in on Monday Aug 6, was told the ship was at the dock and that they would receive and then ship my order on Friday Aug 10.

Called in on Tuesday Aug 14, was told they weren't sure why the ship hadn't given them my order. was told FOR SURE that I would receive my order by Friday Aug 17.

Called in on Monday Aug 27. The lady told me that she didn't know who I was speaking to previously, but that special orders take 2 months to receive. She told me she would call a number (?) and call me right back to let me know where the Black/Black/Orange was. I told her I was interested in whatever they had in stock that day, and that I wanted a list of what was in stock. She of course, never called back.

Called in on Tuesday Aug 28 and asked to speak to a manager. Manager tells me he can refund my money or send me what they have in stock. I ask for Black/Red/Red. Received it today, Thursday Aug 30.

Impressions

My opinion is, 9 out of 10 casual on-lookers won't know that these are seat covers. The quality of the pvc and leather is great. There are some glitches in the paint job, mostly along the seams. The 1" memory foam does add to the overall comfort of the seats.

So, how does it look?

In all of the Camaro5 pictures i've seen, the red turns out a little on the sunburst orange side of the spectrum. I did receive their samples and placed it on the exterior... the sample all but disappeared into the IOM color.

The red color is definitely darker than the IOM exterior. However, I am pleased with the final result. Every other orange I've seen (except OEM and Katzkin) are lighter orange than the exterior. Looking at the car through the windshield or side windows, the seats almost match the exterior. Looking at the whole car in direct sunlight brings out the difference in these colors to their fullest extent.

Bottom line

My wife LOVES the look, so I'm happy!

What do you think? Should I be arrested by the fashion police? Anyone else interested in this color combo? At the very least, I can have it painted if I hate it tomorrow.
Attached Images

Zacheus83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 01:25 AM   #2
v6

Drives: 2012 45th 2LT RS
those look comfy looks good man
Old 08-31-2012, 04:08 PM   #3
500hpbluez28
YUDLOSE

Drives: Supercharged 2010 ABM 1SS
Looks good to me. I have a few questions though since I am thinking of going with them as well. I wanted to go black leather with blue inserts and blue stitching. How well do they fit? Are they snug fit or kinda loose? You mention there are some glitches in the paint job, mostly along the seams. Can you show pics of what you mean? I just want to be sure I will be happy with them when the time comes. Thanks.

Trey Jenkins
2010 Supercharged ABM SS Camaro LS3 #400 Order Number: NJGC85 Build Date: 06/24/2009
1996 Blue Z/28 Camaro 396 stroker in the process
1994 Red Z/28 Camaro
500hpbluez28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 04:29 PM   #4
GEEKFREEKSCOTTY
Autoboticus Roboticus

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
they look good.. a little on the loose side, but maybe they'll tighten up..

But the color is fine.. IOM isn't always orange anyway.. in some light, it's red.. in some light, it's closer to yellow.. (which, makes sense since Red + yellow = orange).

I've never seen a pic do IOM or RJT paint justice.. those are beautiful colors in person.
Old 08-31-2012, 05:57 PM   #5
Cam2011

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
They look a little loose, and I can't help but wonder if they will get looser with time? They do look good though, love the IOM interior.
Cam2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 06:01 PM   #6
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
very nice and gotta love how the IOM paint changes colors in the pictures
Old 08-31-2012, 08:02 PM   #7
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Looks fantastic to me... but I am very colorblind. If the little woman likes it, you're good to go!
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 06:00 PM   #8
Zacheus83

The pictures don't do it justice. They look a little loose but don't feel loose at all. My other car is a Cadillac which came with leather seats. These seats feel as good as my Cadi... I suspect they will conform to the seats even more over time.
Old 09-01-2012, 06:02 PM   #9
Zacheus83

Quote:
Originally Posted by 500hpbluez28 View Post
Looks good to me. I have a few questions though since I am thinking of going with them as well. I wanted to go black leather with blue inserts and blue stitching. How well do they fit? Are they snug fit or kinda loose? You mention there are some glitches in the paint job, mostly along the seams. Can you show pics of what you mean? I just want to be sure I will be happy with them when the time comes. Thanks.
Sent you a PM.

I'll post some pics when I get home. In some spots the red paint is white... It isn't noticeable from any viewing angle while standing but might be noticed on the rear seat once seated.

It wasn't enough for me to send them back...
Old 09-02-2012, 07:32 AM   #10
500hpbluez28
YUDLOSE

Drives: Supercharged 2010 ABM 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zacheus83 View Post
Sent you a PM.

I'll post some pics when I get home. In some spots the red paint is white... It isn't noticeable from any viewing angle while standing but might be noticed on the rear seat once seated.

It wasn't enough for me to send them back...
Please do as I want to see what you mean. Thanks.

Trey Jenkins
2010 Supercharged ABM SS Camaro LS3 #400 Order Number: NJGC85 Build Date: 06/24/2009
1996 Blue Z/28 Camaro 396 stroker in the process
1994 Red Z/28 Camaro
500hpbluez28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 11:03 AM   #11
My Caroline

Drives: Black 2011 Camaro LS
Have the covers stretched to fit better over the passed few months? That's one thing I don't really like about seat covers but of course I always see pictures taken right after they were installed.

Do you still enjoy te seats?

Thanks!
Non-RS to RS and fog light harness by Gen5DIY
LED Interior, Trunk, and Licence Plate lights in white
ZL1 Spoiler with Gen5DIY harness
Factory NPP cat back
Blacked out tail light bezels
Factory 20 inch wheels wrapped in Nitto Motivos
Lowered 1.25inch on Eibach Pro springs
My Caroline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 11:35 AM   #12
Ivan @ Southwest Speed

Drives: '15 Z06, '01 NBM SS, '97 SS
Looks good sir!

Thank you for the posted pictures
Ivan
Ivan @ Southwest Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 08:20 AM   #13
ricksakuma

Drives: 2010 camaro v6
I just got the seat covers ..the rear is a pain in the a## could you give me some tips on how to put the rear seat back on? Thanks
ricksakuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 11:09 AM   #14
chicagobulls
one car wolfpack

Drives: 2010 Camaro V6
I have had these for over a year now....

Look brand new still.

I have all black and people are shocked when I tell them they are covers.

As for fit. They are very tight. They tighten up slot once they sit out in the sun. On nine there are no seams or loose leather at all, looks like factory.
chicagobulls is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
clazzio, iom, red seats