Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 03-22-2013, 03:28 PM   #197
Grey Ghost

Drives: 2013 HWSE 2SS
There is a manual 2SS HWSE up on EBay for a really good price
Old 03-23-2013, 01:04 AM   #198
Vic1979,2013

Drives: 1979 Z28 35000km. 2013 2SS HWSE
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhoskins76 View Post
Ironically Sherwood Chevrolet in Sherwood Park, Alberta. LOL

Yeah there is only 32 allocated for Canada. But I am pretty sure dealers will be importing some from the USA. That doesn't matter though, we can still say we have one of the 32 that were built for Canada! Our cars are going to be a rare beast indeed here in Canada.

Congrats on the new car and welcome to the forum! So you are getting the 2SS, any options such as the dual mode performance exhaust, nav, performance shifter??
Thank you. I ordered the automatic (easier to drive for my wife) so no performance exhaust or shifter. May upgrade exhaust, wait and see what it sounds like. My daughter said it doesn't look "bad enough" with only two exhaust tips. My car also comes with nav.

Here's a funny story. I actually had deposits on two 2013 HWSE Camaros for about a week. The first was on Edmonton kijiji. I found out it was from a dealer in Wetaskiwin. They were asking above MSRP, but I thought for such a rare car it was worth it. Then I called Sherwood in Saskatoon. They were asking MSRP and were closer to me, so I backed out of the other deal. Did you have to pay over MSRP?
Vic1979,2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 04:17 AM   #199
mhoskins76
HTWEELZ

Drives: 2013 2SS Hot Wheels Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic1979,2013 View Post
Thank you. I ordered the automatic (easier to drive for my wife) so no performance exhaust or shifter. May upgrade exhaust, wait and see what it sounds like. My daughter said it doesn't look "bad enough" with only two exhaust tips. My car also comes with nav.

Here's a funny story. I actually had deposits on two 2013 HWSE Camaros for about a week. The first was on Edmonton kijiji. I found out it was from a dealer in Wetaskiwin. They were asking above MSRP, but I thought for such a rare car it was worth it. Then I called Sherwood in Saskatoon. They were asking MSRP and were closer to me, so I backed out of the other deal. Did you have to pay over MSRP?
Nope I am paying MSRP. I did ask about getting a deal on it but the dealer said that they would have no problem selling it to someone else for MSRP, so that pretty much sealed it for me. However I have asked about getting the 3M paint protection included with the car along with the top protection package for the car in regard to warranty. Not sure if I will get those or not, have to wait and see on that.

Once I get the VIN for the car I'm sure that's when the "negotiating" will begin for everything.
DELIVERED APRIL 22nd, 2013 and enjoying every minute since!

Mods:
Cold Air Inductions CAI, CNC Ported Throttle Body, Elite Engineering Oil Catch Can, Smoked Spyder LED Tail Lights, 12" JBL Sub, JBL Amp, Stealth Sub Box, American Racing LT headers and hi-flo cats, Tuned by Davenport, Custom painted interior pieces, Custom painted hood liner and trunk liner, Niche Targa M-130 wheels, LED side markers
mhoskins76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 09:02 AM   #200
GearheadSS

Drives: 23 LT1/22 Colorado TB/69 Chevelle
We received an allocation for a HWE Camaro this week. However, we also received an allocation for a ZL1. We only have one Camaro to build this week so that means I had to choose between the ZL1 or HWE. Went with the ZL1.
GearheadSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 09:56 AM   #201
el ess A
Older Than Dirt

Drives: 2010 & 2013 Camaros
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearheadSS View Post
We received an allocation for a HWE Camaro this week. However, we also received an allocation for a ZL1. We only have one Camaro to build this week so that means I had to choose between the ZL1 or HWE. Went with the ZL1.
Too bad it wasn't a yellow convertible, manual trans, with suede package, NAV and 5 spokes...then we'd probably have to talk.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=26108&dateline=142898  4774
el ess A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 10:04 AM   #202
350 HRSS
GM Toyz Lover

Drives: GM Toyz
We have a 2SS on order

Ours is at 3300 as of this morning
Old 03-23-2013, 12:24 PM   #203
Vic1979,2013

Quote:
Nope I am paying MSRP. I did ask about getting a deal on it but the dealer said that they would have no problem selling it to someone else for MSRP, so that pretty much sealed it for me. However I have asked about getting the 3M paint protection included with the car along with the top protection package for the car in regard to warranty. Not sure if I will get those or not, have to wait and see on that.

Once I get the VIN for the car I'm sure that's when the "negotiating" will begin for everything.
I was thinking of negotiating for the Camaro car cover, it looks nice and goes for $400+. I probably won't drive it much in winter. There's a lot of pictures of HWSE cars on lots at US dealers, check autotrader .com. Why did you go with the Hot Wheels car and not a normal SS?
Old 03-23-2013, 12:51 PM   #204
Grey Ghost

Drives: 2013 HWSE 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 350 HRSS View Post
We have a 2SS on order

Ours is at 3300 as of this morning
Congrats! Should be a pretty fun little car owners club to belong too! All of us with the love of a toy car!
Old 03-23-2013, 01:25 PM   #205
350 HRSS
GM Toyz Lover

Drives: GM Toyz
Quote:
I was thinking of negotiating for the Camaro car cover, it looks nice and goes for $400+. I probably won't drive it much in winter. There's a lot of pictures of HWSE cars on lots at US dealers, check autotrader .com. Why did you go with the Hot Wheels car and not a normal SS?
Stay away from that car cover. If you are wanting a quality cover, that is water proof, water beads right off, please look at www.calcarcover.com and choose the Superweave material. I have, well, let's say oer 20 of these covers, and am very pleased with them. When I purchased my first 5th gen, I ordered the cover as well and was NOT happy with it at all. I will sell it to you, if you would like for half what you will pay for a new one.

If you are going to put money into a new cover for your car, GO with the Cal Car Cover and get the Superweave material. I had one custom made for our HW car. It's blue on top, black on sides, separated by a silver piping with custom embroidery

Congrats on your car!
Old 03-23-2013, 03:24 PM   #206
mhoskins76
HTWEELZ

Quote:
I went with the HWSE because it is a rare car and wanted something different then everyone else. I was looking at the ZL1, but with dealers putting almost a $15K markup on it that turned me off of that. Plus with the ZL1 the dealer here in Fort Mac is not able to actually work on it so if I need any work done on it I have to take it to Edmonton which is 4 hours south of here.

Mods:
Cold Air Inductions CAI, CNC Ported Throttle Body, Elite Engineering Oil Catch Can, Smoked Spyder LED Tail Lights, 12" JBL Sub, JBL Amp, Stealth Sub Box, American Racing LT headers and hi-flo cats, Tuned by Davenport, Custom painted interior pieces, Custom painted hood liner and trunk liner, Niche Targa M-130 wheels, LED side markers
Old 03-23-2013, 03:25 PM   #207
Vic1979,2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by 350 HRSS View Post
Stay away from that car cover. If you are wanting a quality cover, that is water proof, water beads right off, please look at www.calcarcover.com and choose the Superweave material. I have, well, let's say oer 20 of these covers, and am very pleased with them. When I purchased my first 5th gen, I ordered the cover as well and was NOT happy with it at all. I will sell it to you, if you would like for half what you will pay for a new one.

If you are going to put money into a new cover for your car, GO with the Cal Car Cover and get the Superweave material. I had one custom made for our HW car. It's blue on top, black on sides, separated by a silver piping with custom embroidery

Congrats on your car!
Thanks for the info but my car will be indoors with the cover on it. That custom cover sounds real good. Did Cal Car Covers do that for you?
Old 03-23-2013, 03:43 PM   #208
Vic1979,2013

Quote:
I went with the HWSE because it is a rare car and wanted something different then everyone else. I was looking at the ZL1, but with dealers putting almost a $15K markup on it that turned me off of that. Plus with the ZL1 the dealer here in Fort Mac is not able to actually work on it so if I need any work done on it I have to take it to Edmonton which is 4 hours south of here.
Sherwood Chev. in Saskatoon told me they never charge over retail, maybe your next car can be a ZL1 from there. When I started shopping for a Camaro I was thinking a 2LT, then saw the color and how rare the HWSE are I had to have one. I think it's very close to my 1979 Z28 in bright blue metallic. I'll try to upload a photo later, have to go move more snow.
Old 03-23-2013, 03:46 PM   #209
mhoskins76
HTWEELZ

Quote:
Sherwood Chev. in Saskatoon told me they never charge over retail, maybe your next car can be a ZL1 from there. When I started shopping for a Camaro I was thinking a 2LT, then saw the color and how rare the HWSE are I had to have one. I think it's very close to my 1979 Z28 in bright blue metallic. I'll try to upload a photo later, have to go move more snow.
LOL Damn snow won't go away! I know that all too well. But the weather here is FINALLY going to start warming up, so here is hoping for a quick melt!

Mods:
Old 03-24-2013, 12:16 AM   #210
Vic1979,2013

Here's a photo of my 1979 Z28 in bright blue metallic. Should look good beside my new HWSE.
Attached Images