Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-29-2013, 09:49 PM   #1
plus1zero
Don't tread on me

Drives: 23 Sierra X31, Past 2017 Fifty 2SS
Well, I'll be getting rid of my baby come Monday..

I've loved my Camaro ever since I got it. Every trip has been fun, even if it's just to get groceries. I love everything about my car.

But alas, some life changes are coming up. I'm going to be getting married in March of next year, and I've been looking to get back into a truck. Which brings me to my next bit that I almost hate to type out, but I can't live in denial. For 26 years, I've been a Chevy man. Born and bred, but it looks like I'll be getting my first F150.

My dad is good friends with one dealer, and my uncle is good friends with another. They both have a new 2013 XLT 4x4 crew cab loaded out and both are giving me great deals. They're both fighting to get my business, so it looks like I'll be coming out ahead either way.

After having done some research and test driving both, even the new 2014 Silverados, I'm just so much more impressed with the F150. For the price and the features, it's got some great value. I almost went up to a Lariat, but it ended up being almost $7000 more just for leather and a nicer center console. I do like bucket seats, so that was my one requirement.

My uncle has always been a Chevy man himself and over the last 2 years went Ford. I almost feel like I'm cheating here, but, when it comes down to it I've gotta go with the best deal. I've missed being in a truck as well, and this will be the first time I've purchased a NEW vehicle.

I'll also be going with the 5.0 V8. I can't see paying more for a V6, regardless if it is a Turbo. If there is one thing I've learned from owning my Camaro, it's that if there's ever an option to go with a V8 instead of a V6, I'll always go with that Not that a single thing is wrong with a V6, but I love the sound the V8 gives. The stock dual exhaust has a decent sound to it as well.

I hope to put a few mods on throughout the years, but we'll see. I may stop in here from time to time to check in with you guys, and I definitely wanna see what some of you guys do with those Z/28s!!!
plus1zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 09:53 PM   #2
Elementkng20
HTCC: canthonyIOM27

Drives: 2012 IOM 1LT/V6/A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by plus1zero View Post
I've loved my Camaro ever since I got it. Every trip has been fun, even if it's just to get groceries. I love everything about my car.

But alas, some life changes are coming up. I'm going to be getting married in March of next year, and I've been looking to get back into a truck. Which brings me to my next bit that I almost hate to type out, but I can't live in denial. For 26 years, I've been a Chevy man. Born and bred, but it looks like I'll be getting my first F150.

My dad is good friends with one dealer, and my uncle is good friends with another. They both have a new 2013 XLT 4x4 crew cab loaded out and both are giving me great deals. They're both fighting to get my business, so it looks like I'll be coming out ahead either way.

After having done some research and test driving both, even the new 2014 Silverados, I'm just so much more impressed with the F150. For the price and the features, it's got some great value. I almost went up to a Lariat, but it ended up being almost $7000 more just for leather and a nicer center console. I do like bucket seats, so that was my one requirement.

My uncle has always been a Chevy man himself and over the last 2 years went Ford. I almost feel like I'm cheating here, but, when it comes down to it I've gotta go with the best deal. I've missed being in a truck as well, and this will be the first time I've purchased a NEW vehicle.

I'll also be going with the 5.0 V8. I can't see paying more for a V6, regardless if it is a Turbo. If there is one thing I've learned from owning my Camaro, it's that if there's ever an option to go with a V8 instead of a V6, I'll always go with that Not that a single thing is wrong with a V6, but I love the sound the V8 gives. The stock dual exhaust has a decent sound to it as well.

I hope to put a few mods on throughout the years, but we'll see. I may stop in here from time to time to check in with you guys, and I definitely wanna see what some of you guys do with those Z/28s!!!
Get the truck outta here! Lol

The F150s aren't a bad truck. My brother in-law just got a Texas edition. Good luck!
Elementkng20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 10:14 PM   #3
snymat68

Drives: 2013 Blue Ray 1LS M6
I bought my Camaro just before getting married a few months ago. I figured hey, it's a new phase of my life, I'm gonna kick it off in style! Sorry to hear you're giving her up, but yeah, the new F-150's are pretty nice.
Elite Catch Can | CAI Intake with Scoop & Washer Bottle Relocation | MRT v2 Axle-Back Exhaust | MagnaFlow Resonated X-Pipe | Resonator Delete | Vmax Ported Throttle Body | GM Strut Tower Brace | JDP Tow Hook | Vitesse Throttle Controller
Aesthetic Mods
Chrome Peek-A-Boo Door Handles | Interior Accessories Kit | OEM RS HIDs w/ 6000k Bulbs & 5000k LED Fogs | Tail Light, Marker Light, & Turn Signal Tint | Tru-Sequence Sequential Turn Signals & Brake Lights | Silver Fade Gill Stripes | Carbon Fiber Bowties | Various Chrome/Painted/Carbon Fiber Items
snymat68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 10:20 PM   #4
Austin45
The Logistician

Drives: 2012 LFX 45th Anniversary
I'm not going to lie... I almost (key word is almost) bought a FX4 a couple of months ago...

I'm glad I didn't but I can't say I don't blame you. Good luck.
Old 06-29-2013, 10:58 PM   #5
Storm T
Can't slow down

Drives: 2013 SS Dusk Edition (Insain Bolt)
Hate to say it too but the Ford's look better. You should get a Raptor.
Storm T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 11:10 PM   #6
plus1zero
Don't tread on me

I love the raptors. Almost went with an FX2 also, but uliatwly it came down to the great rebates on the XLT. I kind of like cloth in a truck as well.
Old 06-29-2013, 11:19 PM   #7
Storm T
Can't slow down

Drives: 2013 SS Dusk Edition (Insain Bolt)
A buddy of mine has one and it's sweet. If I were gonna go truck it'd have to be that one. Well good luck to you whatever happens.
Storm T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 11:28 PM   #8
stray bullitt

Drives: Bentley Continental GT.
What's marriage got to do with getting a pick-up? I'm married, and we don't have a pick up. Maybe a better plan would be to keep the Camaro, and have your fiancee get a truck....win, win.
stray bullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 11:41 PM   #9
Ogun

Drives: 2011 Chevy camaro 2lt rs
Good luck with it man thats life i couldnt even imagine trading my car for anything may just another camaro lol. but if you want a good truck the toyota tundra is the truck to get just saying my father in law has one that things a beast.
Ogun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 11:43 PM   #10
Iroczlover
The Krazzy bytch

Drives: Which car I have 9 vehicles?
Send a message via MSN to Iroczlover Send a message via Yahoo to Iroczlover
I have a 99 Silverado K1500 with the 5.3l v8 for sale for 6k

I am not a man I have boobies.
Cars are like women, If you treat her rough shes going to complain & you will hear about it. If you treat her right she will purrrrrrrrrrrrr
Current cars owned , 72 Skylark vert,86 fiero GT Sold , 87 Iroc-z (sold), 90 Vette Vert SOLD , 95 Z28, 99 Silverado K1500 Totaled, 2010 CGM Camaro 2ss/rs (had to sell & I hate it ) ,2012 Cruze LT repoed.

Current current list lol 2006 Silverado 2500hd.
Iroczlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 11:49 PM   #11

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by stray bullitt View Post
What's marriage got to do with getting a pick-up? I'm married, and we don't have a pick up. Maybe a better plan would be to keep the Camaro, and have your fiancee get a truck....win, win.
...That's what I'm wondering....maybe need a truck to go hunting for food, or what?...gonna be buying yard sale junk every weekend?...lol...I just rent or borrow one if needed these days...Always thought I'd have a pick-up, but been doing fine without one....Good luck, though!...I'm sure you've got your reasons...
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 12:03 AM   #12
SkunkJunk420

Drives: camaros
i traded my 2010 for a loaded 12 LTZ Z71... Worst mistake of my life!!!! after about three months, i traded back to the camaro
SkunkJunk420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 12:09 AM   #13
plus1zero
Don't tread on me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogun View Post
Good luck with it man thats life i couldnt even imagine trading my car for anything may just another camaro lol. but if you want a good truck the toyota tundra is the truck to get just saying my father in law has one that things a beast.
Not a fan of imported trucks, ha. They're nice I'm sure but I'll stick with Ford or Chevy.
Old 06-30-2013, 06:48 AM   #14
007s 'Vert
Formerly Lil'BlueCoupe

Drives: '13 2LT/RS Vert, Summit White
I traded an Avalanche for my car, haven't looked back, my wife has a Jeep Wrangler, if I need to haul something I will just buy a small trailer for that, just sold my large car hauler that the Wrangler would pull if it had a light load on it.
I too always though I would only ever have just a truck, but when I DID have one, I barely used it for "truck" purposes, I mainly used it for getting around.......That's what I do in my Camaro!