Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 03-25-2014, 08:46 PM   #155
Col. Brain

Drives: 2012 Ram 1980 Malibu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrillz View Post
I just have a hard time wrapping my head around 75k for a new camaro. I dunno i think they should have made the 1LE the Z28 leave the ZL1 as the top dog and call it a day. Tell anyone who is not a car enthusiasts you have a 1LE they will look at you with 3 heads but say its a Z28 they know what that is. Is the camaro in any trim level not suppose to be affordable for many not just the elite rich folks? Seems to me GM was just trying to show off but it takes 75K invested in a Camaro to be a crazy track car. For that kind of money it better be stupid impressive. At the end of the day though its still a Camaro. I mean no disrespect but my wife calls the Camaro the official mulletmobile. Perhaps the folks at GM have forgot who exactly buys these type of cars. Just my 2 cents.

Attachment 610782
i think this is an image the GM/Chevy has just shattered

anyone saying otherwise just is not into cars and not really worth the effort.
Col. Brain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 08:53 PM   #156
Col. Brain

Drives: 2012 Ram 1980 Malibu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zfatuated View Post
One of the most overused, moronic, comments on here. Let's set something straight- you owe GM nothing, and GM owes you or anyone else...nothing. It's a f*cking business. They attempt to create cars that people want to give them money for. Got it so far?

People want to give GM money to buy a Z/28. That is reality. It's a win/win. Got it?

Sleep on that and let it sink in. Time moves on, things change, can you keep up?

I said it a few times before

People just wanted the Z28 badge on their V8 Camaro.

If this Z/28 was the 1LE would it matter to you who is actually buying it? Doubt it

This is the only thing i can figure out as to why people are so butt hurt over it.

Keeping the mullets from their Z28 - how dare Chevy
Col. Brain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 04:13 AM   #157
Thrillz

Drives: 2019 Dodge Daytona R/T
Quote:
One of the most overused, moronic, comments on here. Let's set something straight- you owe GM nothing, and GM owes you or anyone else...nothing. It's a f*cking business. They attempt to create cars that people want to give them money for. Got it so far?

People want to give GM money to buy a Z/28. That is reality. It's a win/win. Got it?

Sleep on that and let it sink in. Time moves on, things change, can you keep up?
For your reading pleasure

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/globe...rticle4436866/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q'smuscle View Post
LOL.... Yea, OK! Still just a camaro that's coming from a Guy with a four door charger! Ask a car enthusiast about a four door charger they'll look at you like you're on crack! There's a reason why the New Dodge dart has the charger taillights too. It's not just a camaro when it's outselling the competition and winning every award possible! Plus lots of Celebes buying them from the ones in the US to ppl in foreign countries. You know a mullet don't fit the 5th Gens. We all know that your wife didn't say that.

BTW can you really call that four door sedan a charger???

The Z/28 is beating Porsche's of all kind and Lamborghini's! I'll call that impressive! Pick a car that can do that under a 100,000!

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43382
Old 03-27-2014, 08:48 AM   #158
Zfatuated

Drives: BAC Mono
Quote:
Not sure what your point was with that post? However, I can tell you this: as an American taxpayer, who pays a sh*tload of taxes, if my bailout money financed the Z/28 project then that's a galaxy more payback than I got or will get from the multi-trillions that got pissed-away bailing out the banksers and the entitlement crowd.

Now what were you saying? I couldn't hear you over the sound of the Z/28 exhaust in the video I'm watching

PS- the people who can afford a Z/28 are the ones who pay taxes. The ones whining about it costing too much didn't contribute to the bailout. Take an economics class and learn about how the tax system works in the US

Zfatuated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 10:28 AM   #159
Moreno1

Drives: G5.R
Quote:
Now what were you saying? I couldn't hear you over the sound of the Z/28 exhaust in the video I'm watching
Moreno1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 10:40 AM   #160
KCdaMan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2lt
Quote:
Not sure what your point was with that post? However, I can tell you this: as an American taxpayer, who pays a sh*tload of taxes, if my bailout money financed the Z/28 project then that's a galaxy more payback than I got or will get from the multi-trillions that got pissed-away bailing out the banksers and the entitlement crowd.

PS- the people who can afford a Z/28 are the ones who pay taxes. The ones whining about it costing too much didn't contribute to the bailout. Take an economics class and learn about how the tax system works in the US
Speak for yourself!! I PAY MY TAXES TOO AND a sh*t load as well!! YOUR POINT?!?!? The ones whining about the cost also more than likely own a camaro or at least a car, which in turns means they MOST likely work and PAY TAXES! Your statement in false in every way.. how about that economics class?? I dont even post I normally just read and laugh and get others various advice/opinions but your statement wreaks of hypocrisy!

Just say that you're happy to pay the price and taxes for such a car and leave it at that, no need to disparage others as you seem to do here.
KCdaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 10:46 AM   #161
Zfatuated

Drives: BAC Mono
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCdaMan View Post
Speak for yourself!! I PAY MY TAXES TOO AND a sh*t load as well!! YOUR POINT?!?!? The ones whining about the cost also more than likely own a camaro or at least a car, which in turns means they MOST likely work and PAY TAXES! Your statement in false in every way.. how about that economics class?? I dont even post I normally just read and laugh and get others various advice/opinions but your statement wreaks of hypocrisy!

Just say that you're happy to pay the price and taxes for such a car and leave it at that, no need to disparage others as you seem to do here.
Some people will understand my post and others will be offended by it. I knew that when I posted it. We've both had our say, hopefully we can move on

Zfatuated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 11:51 AM   #162
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Quote:
Some people will understand my post and others will be offended by it. I knew that when I posted it. We've both had our say, hopefully we can move on
It's all in the perspective. I've been on both sides of the fence and I can say one side is definitely being taken to the cleaners.
Old 03-27-2014, 01:32 PM   #163
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Quote:
I just have a hard time wrapping my head around 75k for a new camaro. I dunno i think they should have made the 1LE the Z28 leave the ZL1 as the top dog and call it a day. Tell anyone who is not a car enthusiasts you have a 1LE they will look at you with 3 heads but say its a Z28 they know what that is. Is the camaro in any trim level not suppose to be affordable for many not just the elite rich folks? Seems to me GM was just trying to show off but it takes 75K invested in a Camaro to be a crazy track car. For that kind of money it better be stupid impressive. At the end of the day though its still a Camaro. I mean no disrespect but my wife calls the Camaro the official mulletmobile. Perhaps the folks at GM have forgot who exactly buys these type of cars. Just my 2 cents.

Attachment 610782

I've met people who thought all Camaros were Z/28s. I've had non enthusiasts ask if my 98 Camaro had a Hemi in it. Saying that GM should have done something different because non enthusiasts can't tell the difference is moronic. The 1LE is a great car but it didn't deserve the Z/28 badge and doing so would have been the lazy way out, which apparently is acceptable to you.

I look at the Z/28 as an engineering exercise more than a regular street car. If you give the engineers free reign and tell the bean counters to shut up and sit down, you get the Z/28.
Bhobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 01:43 PM   #164
Mikebrinda

Drives: Ferrari F430 Spider F1 Azzurro Arge
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
I've met people who thought all Camaros were Z/28s. I've had non enthusiasts ask if my 98 Camaro had a Hemi in it. Saying that GM should have done something different because non enthusiasts can't tell the difference is moronic. The 1LE is a great car but it didn't deserve the Z/28 badge and doing so would have been the lazy way out, which apparently is acceptable to you.

I look at the Z/28 as an engineering exercise more than a regular street car. If you give the engineers free reign and tell the bean counters to shut up and sit down, you get the Z/28.
Amen to every word above. At a stop light a lady rolled down her window, pointed at the shield on the front fender of my car and asked, "Is that the new Mustang?" I said,

"No, it's the new Camry."
Mikebrinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 02:16 PM   #165
Goo

Drives: Cayman S
If you take a look at the new information released by Porsche on the Cayman GTS (also a very nice track-ready car) Chevy is right on par plus some... A really good value.
Goo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 02:24 PM   #166
honor first
MURICA!

Drives: 2014 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by FINALLYSATISFIED View Post
Z/28 is over priced, period. It's a Camaro no matter which way you look at it. The Copo has justification.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMWNERW View Post
I don't understand this double-standard.
it's the same double standard we would hold on a 8 second built civic drag car. if they were charging 25k for a full NHRA spec'd civic running low 8s, we'd say it was overpriced because 'a civic is a civc no matter which way you look at it' even though it is a proportionally equal bang for the buck
AFE Intake, Stainless Power Headers + HFC, BadlanzHPE Electric Cutouts. 315/275 Nittos, Wheels. Debadged, Cosmetic Mods, Sound System, More
honor first is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 07:41 PM   #167
Thrillz

Drives: 2019 Dodge Daytona R/T
Quote:

Being able to afford a Z/28 and having an opinion are 2 different things. It just an opinion nothing more its not personal. Last time i checked i thought that was what forums are for to share opinions on the cars we are passionate about.
Old 03-27-2014, 08:44 PM   #168
Outlander
Account Suspended

Drives: 2014 Camaro LS
When you consider that a loaded up Tahoe or Suburban are in the same price range it makes $75k vehicles almost seem pedestrian.

I wouldn't buy one but I certainly understand the appeal.
Outlander is offline   Reply With Quote