Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Members Classifieds - Parts for sale or wanted > Autos For Sale / Wanted

Old 09-16-2014, 07:51 AM   #1
Kyle.Gilmour
Charter Circle Member

Drives: 427 LSX- with TWINS
Location: Back in Michigan!! Do miss ATX and my Tejas friends
Send a message via AIM to Kyle.Gilmour
For Sale: GILMOUR'S 2010 Twin Turbo 427 LSX SS/RS

2010 Chevrolet Camaro SS Twin Turbo 427 LSX

It is time to finally put my Camaro up for sale. Making room for more toys.

Hard to start to describe this car, but most of you on here know her.
I am the only owner, most of her miles have come from cross country road trips to Camaro5Fest events. She has gone through many iterations of life since August 4th 2009 when I took delivery. No receipts or detail left undocumented.
I would call this a daily driver, as much as something with this amount of power could be. It is not a car that you take in every 50k miles though for a tune up. She requires attention.

Power Level: currently set to 6lbs of boost, dynoed 657whp/708wtq on very stout drivetrain.
Engine/heads/turbos were built to safely make a max of 18lbs, calculated 1450 crank hp, only needs an updated tune and new wastegate springs if anyone wanted to venture above the 6lbs.

Engine: 427 LSX assembled by the well-known Henderson Performance out of Central Texas with head and block work completed by the legendary Lozano Brothers. Twin 67mm Precision Turbos, Callies Ultra H-Beam Rods, Wiseco Pistons, aftermarket oil cooler, many additional details to provide.

Transmission/Rear end: swapped to a Full Manual Valve body 4L80E, 3800 stall from Circle D, built for 1200hp. 12 Bolt HammerHead Aluminum Cast IRS with 1400hp halfshafts, custom driveshaft from DSS. Currently this car is the highest horsepower application worldwide with a Hammerhead. This drivetrain is built tough, there is no weak link left, but with that comes a cost, estimated to be around 28-30% drivetrain loss.

Fuel System: Aeromotive Stealth fuel system with drop in pump, 70psi revolving system, steel braided lines going in to rails and return to the tank.

Underbody: Hand built 3in exhaust, BMR 1in lowering springs and bushings, BMR Sway Bars and sub-frame connectors, Pedders Rear Crossmember bushings.

Exterior: Heritage Grill, TZD fog light delete, Seibon Carbon Fiber hood, TZD vented front and rear quarter panels, LED side markers, mirrored stainless steel emblems, Brembro Brakes, 18in Forgestar F14s with new Nittos on the front, Mickey's on the rear.

Located in Traverse City, Michigan. Delivery possible.
$68k obo,
possible Cash+Trade of RZR/Maverick or
35-38ft Go Fast boat of similar price range
Attached Images

Old 09-16-2014, 03:36 PM   #2
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
It's WAY out of my price range, but, I wanted to add what I know..... the motor is a fresh build, you can't have many miles on it, and I heard through the grapevine you've been pretty gentle with the new beast.

How many miles do you have on the car?

.... You got the boat fever BAD!
Old 09-18-2014, 08:46 AM   #3
Kyle.Gilmour
Charter Circle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Twisty View Post
It's WAY out of my price range, but, I wanted to add what I know..... the motor is a fresh build, you can't have many miles on it, and I heard through the grapevine you've been pretty gentle with the new beast.
How many miles do you have on the car?
.... You got the boat fever BAD!
haha.. thanks buddy.

There is around 2000 miles on the new motor, runs like a top... a fast, loud, violent top.

Yes... as we all know.. i have bad motor luck... so yes.. i have done nothing but baby the car since I got her back last spring.

26k miles on the car... 12k of those miles are cross country trip miles

and yes.. the boat fever... got my eye on a couple 35-38 footers
Old 09-18-2014, 08:48 AM   #4
Kyle.Gilmour
Charter Circle Member

can you believe I have had ZERO bites on this... not even a lowball offer.

it has been posted on 4 national websites and around some LS FB pages
Old 09-18-2014, 11:15 AM   #5
RockRacer

Drives: 2010 SS A6 Vortech, 3200 Stall 3.73
Kyle,

This is an awesome car, no question. A ton of great work done on it. GLWS!

A couple things playing not in your favor (No question you already know #2)
1. It's more car than most people on this board are looking for. I am in the market, but this is much more than I am looking to do/ or find in a car. I've been watching the new posts for the last month or so, and most cars regardless of Mods are typically posted for somewhere between Hi 20's to mid 40's. (the mid 40's are usually ZL1's)

2. We are at the end of the 'Camaro Season'. I am in north and would have to store a car basically starting the end of October until April before it sees the light of day again. That take a lot of buyers out of the market, unless it was a SCREAMER of a deal. Even at my budget level ($500/month in a payment), swallowing $3k before I get regular use out of the car is painful.

Best of luck getting that boat!
RockRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 01:56 PM   #6
Kyle.Gilmour
Charter Circle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockRacer View Post
Kyle,

This is an awesome car, no question. A ton of great work done on it. GLWS!

Best of luck getting that boat!
oh yea buddy.. i know... trust me, i thought about it all.... it requires the right buyer... and a cash buyer I am sure. I am in the North as well... almost time to get the sleds out! Big Snowmobiler too.

I don't have to sell it... but I want too... help to pay cash for other toys.

I appreciate the good faith! have a great one!
Old 09-22-2014, 11:56 PM   #7
calirider

Drives: Chevrolets
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle.Gilmour View Post
... and a cash buyer I am sure.
Yep, the bank will lead less than half what you are asking. All they look at is 2010 SS, they don't care about mods and all the mods will turn away most people because they are scared of the maintenance. A niche buyer is definitely needed.
calirider is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
427 lsx, for sale, turbo 2010 camaro ss