Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Closed Thread

Old 05-22-2008, 11:58 AM   #71
Captain Awesome
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastball View Post
I have a feeling halos will be part of the headlamp package, and if they make the halos the DRLs (which would look absolutely killer), you would pretty much have to have the headlamp assembly exposed all the time.
Halos would be a dream come true!

DRL's not in the main lamps (either in the halos or the turn signals) would be even better!
Old 05-22-2008, 12:05 PM   #72
garfin
Resident Disciple

Drives: 2010 CTS-V 6MN '98 Camaro SS (Sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chevyXstacy View Post
Just curious, is it me or is the entire rear end one body piece with the roof?
Quote:
Originally Posted by radz282003 View Post
As far as judging the rigidity of a car by images, I can't say that I agree by a couple images alone. Manufacturers are using more and more high strength low alloy steels and hydroformed sheetmetal panels that offer less weight and mass, yet offer higher strength. I'd be interested in learning how strong this body is relative to the older model, and even some of the newer cars that are out there.

I noticed te quarter glass opening too. I thought it was small, but who really is going to be looking out that thing? I hope that GM will offer privacy glass as an option so that I won't have to add tinting to all the glass in the car. I think it would (obviously) help hide how small a viewable opening that actually is.
Been watching this thread and it looks like a couple of observant people are picking up on the fact this car utilizes a large one-piece structure encompassing the quarter panels, rockers, and roof rails... and we have been specifically cleared to talk about this aspect of the car!
This car is very solid in structure as a result. The engineers pointed out how difficult and how much work is involved in doing this. Needless to say, they made it very clear how proud they were of being able to achieve this. Apparently, it's a bit of an engineering marvel.
Way t'go!

Best regardSS,

Elie
Old 05-22-2008, 12:08 PM   #73
lil_red_v6
one wheelin

Drives: 2004 yamaha r6
Send a message via Yahoo to lil_red_v6
thx for the updates
Old 05-22-2008, 12:11 PM   #74
Tran
Administrator

Drives: 2010 Camaro of course....
Quote:
Originally Posted by garfin View Post
Been watching this thread and it looks like a couple of observant people are picking up on the fact this car utilizes a large one-piece structure encompassing the quarter panels, rockers, and roof rails... and we have been specifically cleared to talk about this aspect of the car!
This car is very solid in structure as a result. The engineers pointed out how difficult and how much work is involved in doing this. Needless to say, they made it very clear how proud they were of being able to achieve this. Apparently, it's a bit of an engineering marvel.
Way t'go!
Thanks Elie

Structural rigidity is one of the aspects of a sports car that I am probably overly obsessed with. There's nothing worse than a car that has a great engine and suspension but behaves like a wet noodle when pushed hard around corners and driving aggressively. Glad to hear the engineering team addressed this properly.
Old 05-22-2008, 12:34 PM   #75
acscamarochick06
Chevrolet Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS ;)
These are the best pics we've seen all month! Heck, all year!! YAY!!!! I'm more excited than ever!!
Old 05-22-2008, 12:58 PM   #76
GothamCamaro
Then you're gonna love me

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro Tumbler RS
It's a wonderous thing to see our baby's shell, I stood back and admired the photos. Love that it's one piece like that, can't wait to see her all put together. This year can't move fast enough!

Anyone that knows of a place that is making the Concept Shifter for the new Camaro. (Auto specifically) Please let me know.

Order# NDTMVP Ordered 10/23/08.
2000 on 5/21/09... It begins.....
4B00 on 6/26/09... In transit to the Cave
5000 on 7/6/09 it waits for my arrival!
1000000 on 7/10/09 The Tumbler is in the Cave!
Old 05-22-2008, 01:03 PM   #77
Sphinx002

Drives: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tran View Post
Thanks Elie

Structural rigidity is one of the aspects of a sports car that I am probably overly obsessed with. There's nothing worse than a car that has a great engine and suspension but behaves like a wet noodle when pushed hard around corners and driving aggressively. Glad to hear the engineering team addressed this properly.
+1
Old 05-22-2008, 01:30 PM   #78
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Quote:
Originally Posted by 80Zedder View Post
It would be like me taking a pic of your girlfriends ass when you werent looking and posting it on the internet for all to see.
That's funny, just don't be taking it for a test ride
Old 05-22-2008, 01:42 PM   #79
Mr Twisty

Quote:
Originally Posted by garfin View Post
Way t'go!

Best regardSS,

Elie
That was my "nevermind", but long as it's out, that's very cool! How hi up the roof line does it go? (where is the roof weld?)
Old 05-22-2008, 01:49 PM   #80
80Zedder
Cheif Pounderhard

Drives: 80camaro/Avalanche/srt8charger
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterCamaro69 View Post
That's funny, just don't be taking it for a test ride

No promises
Old 05-22-2008, 01:57 PM   #81
Mr Twisty

[QUOTE=this car utilizes a large one-piece structure encompassing the quarter panels, rockers, and roof rails...QUOTE]

I think I got it...I'll shut up now
I can't shut up..., all 3 pillars??
I heard those Japanese body men were making some exotic bends, I assumed it was the deep 1/4 panel to c-pillar bend, but then there's no weld.

Last edited by Mr Twisty; 05-22-2008 at 02:19 PM.
Old 05-22-2008, 02:18 PM   #82
Captain Awesome
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
These are nice pictures and all that but I'm going to reserve judgement until I can see what the thing looks like with the SHUNT installed.
Old 05-22-2008, 02:33 PM   #83
Mr Twisty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Awesome View Post
These are nice pictures and all that but I'm going to reserve judgement until I can see what the thing looks like with the SHUNT installed.
I hear it's gonna be fan cooled with it's own radiator, probably in the trunk.
Old 05-22-2008, 03:49 PM   #84
Bumble Bee '77
AutoBot Scout

Drives: 2002 ZRS Camaro
I call dibs on the first one!! haha

Closed Thread