Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 11-24-2007, 11:05 PM   #43
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by munkee drummer View Post
Next time I'll keep my comments to myself.
:eek: NO! don't do that...comments make conversation.

It's just difficult to keep hearing "my friend told me", or (and I do remember it was somthing like this) "My neighbor's friend's uncle heard". The topic has been risen and crushed so many times, I don't understand how it keeps coming back:o.

The deal is (why we "know everything there is to know about the release date") that Scott Settlemire (don't know who he is then ask-can't type that much right now) has also heard these rumors, inside knowlege, thoughts, 'facts', or otherwise and has personally made sure that we all know it's gonna be First-Quarter '09. No sooner or later.

Please don't be offended, though I can see how you would be. We're not stuck-up bungholes...we've just been waiting and sucking up the littlest information for so very, very long now....
Old 11-24-2007, 11:13 PM   #44
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Glad to see that you guys know everything there is to know about the release date. And someone who works for GM and may have more info than anyone here is completely and utterly wrong. I dont know if he knows for sure but that is what he told me, good, bad, right or wrong. If hes wrong then so be it, if hes right then good for us. Just wanted to let yall know what he said. Next time I'll keep my comments to myself.
Oh no, please don't do that. We came off a bit harsh, and I am sorry as I'm sure all the others are who posted such comments. However, we have heard similar stories from different dealers all saying a different release date. Yes they are all trusted people, but there has been a wide range in the dates proposed by dealers. The expected release from top GM brass is generally all in line. That is the cause for our doubt. Please do not let this prevent you from sharing with the mass of speculation that is this site.

As a side note, we would all LOVE for what you said to be true, even better if he is wrong and it's on sale this January. As I promised, I will try and find out next week what sort of timeline is possible.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 02:04 AM   #45
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Glad to see that you guys know everything there is to know about the release date. And someone who works for GM and may have more info than anyone here is completely and utterly wrong. I dont know if he knows for sure but that is what he told me, good, bad, right or wrong. If hes wrong then so be it, if hes right then good for us. Just wanted to let yall know what he said. Next time I'll keep my comments to myself.
C'mon now. I didn't say YOU were wrong. I said your dealer was wrong...better yet, misinformed. I'm not poking at you in the least. I said no hating here.

Let me clarify on this part if I may...and I'm not trying to be rude. Your friend works for a privately owned dealership which isn't owned by GM. Therefore, your friend isn't a "GM employee" but rather works for a 3rd party dealership. With the thousands upon thousands of Chevy dealerships out there, and even more employees who work for them, wouldn't it be known to all by now of this supposed mid 08 release date?

We have other salesmen on this site as well who have all told us they haven't a clue as to a specific date....and some said this date and that date. But, it differs. Regardless, there are many people out there who work in the auto industry. GM employees know they can't leak info or they are screwed. I would be EXTREMELY suprised if your friend of 4 years was told by a GM employee who knew for fact of this date.

Again, I mean you no harm and am not trying to dis you. I am very interested in any and all information anyone can bring to us. But as Scott has said.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
I didn't have time to read thru all the thread, but let me say this:

The Camaro will NOT be out in 2007.

Period.

The new Camaro is based on a clean sheet of paper. The Challenger, on the other hand, is based on the Chrysler 300.

When you use an existing architecture, you can reduce the time it takes to bring a car to market.

Keep in mind that we only approved the new Camaro in August of 2006. We will start building new Camaros in the 4th quarter of 2008. That's 25 months.

Not bad for an all-new world class architecture.

Even if a miracle happened and we could get it engineered and tooled, we don't have a plant for it until late summer of 2008.
So........don't listen to what you hear from some people. There are many people out there making claims.....but when you investigate, you hear something along the lines of:

"......well, my uncle's neighbor's sister's son's best friend's brother sells coffee filters to the GM Tech Center and HE KNOWS WHAT'S HAPPENING AT GM!!!"
I'm not using that ^ to mean "don't listen to you." I'm using it as an example of what we have come across and to remember that when listening to someone not from GM w/ authentic information. And here's some more just showing when they are planning on beginning the build.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
welll --- I guess the good thing is that so many people can hardly wait for us to build them.......(and trust me - if we could build 'em sooner, we would -- we could use the cash!)

Work started in earnest in late August of 2006-- we start building 'em in October of 2008-- that's 26 months.......

There are actually three plants in Oshawa -- two passenger plants and a truck plant. Monte and GP go away -- Impala and Lacrosse production will move to one of the passenger plants -- and the other passenger plant will go under rennovation --
Again, with info like this, it's hard to believe your friend. We believe you that you were told this. I just don't believe your friend. And once more...I never meant, nor mean at this time, any disrespect to you. Please don't take offense.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 08:32 AM   #46
2010_5thgen

Drives: 2012 Porsche Panamera 4
i think that it might be possible for some random dealers or the top selling dealers to get a camaro before the rest. i see some being in showrooms before 2009 but i see ALL dealers being saturated with camaros by 1st 1/4 09.
2010_5thgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 08:29 PM   #47
Esyrider
Preordered Black 09Camaro

Drives: 2000 Ford Contour SVT
First hello everyone. Ive read the forums on here for a while to keep up with the status (as much as we can with GM being tight lipped) All i can offer is this. In July i went to my dealer in Hampton VA I spoke with K (saleslady) and like many other people i got my name on a list. Many people are goin to dealerships everywhere and putting their names on lists. This is ok. We want the General to sell as many as possible. I ws told that the Camaro will not be available till spring (bout Febuary/March). THere will be 30 produced in October 08. These are not available for mainstream purchase. THese are primarily Demo type vehicles to get people into the dealership and put deposits down. Onto deposits. Starting summer 08 A $3500 non refundable deposit will be accepted to secure a spot in line. At this point the finalized options wont even be out yet. When your deposit is given (and no doubt the check is cleared) A sles rep will call and set up a meeting to select options and fill out the order form as soon as it is available and finalised. These individuals will then get the first off the line. I asked about dealer markup. I was told that they had a limit of $3000 that they could mark the car up form MSRP. No word on if this was a dealership or corprate policy. Please excuse my spelling.
Esyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 08:54 PM   #48
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Welcome.

And I think you are the first to have found an informed dealer
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 04:26 AM   #49
stovt001

Drives: 2006 Cobalt, 2004 Taurus wagon
Ditto. Welcome! Indeed your dealer does sound well informed, and that plan sounds pretty solid to me. I also wonder if the $3,000 max mark up policy is from the dealership or is a GM mandate. I think with franchise laws GM could make a policy like that if they worded it carefully. Either way, that's not a bad markup considering what we've seen on other hot cars recently. Either way, I'll still wait a couple years and won't pay a cent over MSRP.
stovt001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 04:27 AM   #50
GreySteele06

Drives: A pair of tan boots-back in09
CY vs. FY

Has anyone considered the Fiscal Year vs. the Calendar year. Im in the Army (writing this from Baghdad right now) and everything we do works off the Fiscal Year (Hint..we are in 1st QTR 08 right now). I would Imagine its the same in large companies (GM). So 1st QTR FY09 would be OCT 08.

I know they said production begins in October 08 so that kind of blows this theory out of the water (Army water is bottled, damn this desert) but it cant hurt to add fuel (JP8) to the fire. (that no doubt an IED started).

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
-George Orwell
GreySteele06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 04:31 AM   #51
stovt001

Drives: 2006 Cobalt, 2004 Taurus wagon
Yes while internally most companies operate on a FY, I'm pretty sure when talking to consumers GM will reference the CY for clarity. I do financial planning and analysis for a large corporation, so I automatically think in terms of FY. We've discussed this before, though I can't remember where, and I think we believe that they are referring to the CY.
stovt001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 07:41 AM   #52
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Usually, like on their multiple Camaro sites Chevrolet/GM says "early 2009" They don't even say first quarter...so