Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics > Engine | Exhaust | Bolt-On | Drivetrain Modifications

Old 10-02-2017, 07:53 PM   #1
leemozoid

Drives: '15 Silverado LTZ & '13 ZL1 ragtop
External fuel pump options

An internal pump upgrade is not an option. I need some additional pumping capacity so that we can take the "pressure" so to speak off my stock pump. It is currently flowing 65psi at WOT/6500 rpm @ 17v. This is causing intermittent internal overheating issues and for one brief moment it will drop to 30 psi then immediately return to 65. I am aware of the DSX system. I need to know if there are other external pump systems or pump assemblies on the market? Absent a complete assembly I have a tuner capable of custom wiring and installation.
leemozoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 01:02 AM   #2
Crash76
Team 913

Drives: '14 ZL1, '15 Jeep GC, ‘22 Ram 2500
Well if you have a tuner capable of custom work and dont want to buy the dsx fuel system go that route... i know of no other external fuel systems for the camaro.

I suspect you will pay more for the custom work at your tuners...

I installed the dsx myself, jack stand in the garage floor ... with the flex fuel setup and FPCM tuning im running excellect fuel pressure on full e85 with 1050x injectors...
Crash76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 10:47 AM   #3
ABADZL1
ZL1 Pilot

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash76 View Post
Well if you have a tuner capable of custom work and dont want to buy the dsx fuel system go that route... i know of no other external fuel systems for the camaro.

I suspect you will pay more for the custom work at your tuners...

I installed the dsx myself, jack stand in the garage floor ... with the flex fuel setup and FPCM tuning im running excellect fuel pressure on full e85 with 1050x injectors...
Crash, Are you cammed and pullied? Just curious

GP Tuning 2.5 Cam, RPS Carbon Twin Clutch, Ported Blower, Kook's Headers, Cold Air Inductions CAI, ID850's, 9.17 Lower, 2.5 Upper, JMS BAP, Pedders Front Radius Arm Inserts, Whiteline Subframe Inserts, Tuned by me with HP Tuners
Idle Clip Link...........https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTL8S9eHwbs
ABADZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote