Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Ask the Camaro Team


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-09-2020, 04:17 PM   #323
arpad_m


 
arpad_m's Avatar
 
Drives: 2018 2SS
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: NJ
Posts: 3,098
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spdemon2ss View Post
Emoto thank you for the reply and also I'm gonna bring it into the shop again next week. Im gonna run another tank of gas, but at that point I'll be way over the 200miles so they cant have any excuses. I'll check with the tech to see what fluid he used but honestly its hard not to expect a lie here and there. If all else fails I might have to bring it into another Dealership, have another tech look into it.
Don't waste your time if they give you the runaround. The applicable TSB is 18-NA-355 that prescribes the new and working 2019 fluid, try to find a good, honest service department and have them do it. It never hurts to be able to count on a dealership anyway, whether you bought your car new or used.
__________________
2018 Camaro 2SS
G7E A8 NPP MRC NAV
Magnuson Heartbeat TVS2300 | Roto-Fab CAI | JMS PowerMAX voltage booster
Soler LT5 95mm TB | 1LE replica wheels | BMR rear cradle lockout | Jannetty Racing custom tune
1100 - 1/30/18 | 2000 - 1/31/18
3000 - 2/06/18 TPW 2/26/18
3400 - 2/19/18 | 3800 - 2/26/18
4300 - 2/27/18 | 4B00 - 3/01/18
4200 - 3/05/18 | 4800 - 3/14/18
5000 - 3/16/18 | 6000 - 3/19/18
arpad_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 08:48 AM   #324
Emoto
Sure, why not?
 
Emoto's Avatar
 
Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS, Jeep JKU Rubicon
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: SE Mass
Posts: 1,485
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spdemon2ss View Post
Emoto thank you for the reply and also I'm gonna bring it into the shop again next week. Im gonna run another tank of gas, but at that point I'll be way over the 200miles so they cant have any excuses. I'll check with the tech to see what fluid he used but honestly its hard not to expect a lie here and there. If all else fails I might have to bring it into another Dealership, have another tech look into it.
You should have the part number of the fluid used listed on your work order from when they did it. Compare that with what is in the TSB that I linked before.
__________________
This is that witty and clever statement that makes you chuckle.
Emoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 08:54 AM   #325
ChevyRules
 
Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS NGM A8
Join Date: May 2016
Location: USA
Posts: 733
More and more I am leaning towards getting this procedure done even if I have to pay out of pocket for it( I am not a person to lie and say it is shuddering when it isn't) if the new fluid prevents TC damage from occurring. Going to wait to April to take it into the dealer cause also need to deal with the differential groan too and need to put the summer wheels back on( I don't want the dealer to try to make the excuse of the LT's 18" wheels that are on it now is causing it).



Hate taking the car to the dealer though....
ChevyRules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 04:17 PM   #326
arpad_m


 
arpad_m's Avatar
 
Drives: 2018 2SS
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: NJ
Posts: 3,098
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevyRules View Post
More and more I am leaning towards getting this procedure done even if I have to pay out of pocket for it( I am not a person to lie and say it is shuddering when it isn't) if the new fluid prevents TC damage from occurring. Going to wait to April to take it into the dealer cause also need to deal with the differential groan too and need to put the summer wheels back on( I don't want the dealer to try to make the excuse of the LT's 18" wheels that are on it now is causing it).



Hate taking the car to the dealer though....
It's going to feel like driving a normal car again, no shake, no shudder, nice smooth low torque shifts and crazy power shifts under WOT/performance shift mode.

My dealership was super helpful when I expressed my serious concern about future damage to the torque converter, no lies or mishmash on either side... enough said. As long as cars are mass manufactured and aren't flawless, a good dealership (service department) is essential IMO. Even if one has no lack of mechanical sympathy, who would have all the specialty tools for all jobs, in this case, a revised trans flush machine.
__________________
2018 Camaro 2SS
G7E A8 NPP MRC NAV
Magnuson Heartbeat TVS2300 | Roto-Fab CAI | JMS PowerMAX voltage booster
Soler LT5 95mm TB | 1LE replica wheels | BMR rear cradle lockout | Jannetty Racing custom tune
1100 - 1/30/18 | 2000 - 1/31/18
3000 - 2/06/18 TPW 2/26/18
3400 - 2/19/18 | 3800 - 2/26/18
4300 - 2/27/18 | 4B00 - 3/01/18
4200 - 3/05/18 | 4800 - 3/14/18
5000 - 3/16/18 | 6000 - 3/19/18
arpad_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 05:52 PM   #327
ChevyRules
 
Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS NGM A8
Join Date: May 2016
Location: USA
Posts: 733
Quote:
Originally Posted by arpad_m View Post
It's going to feel like driving a normal car again, no shake, no shudder, nice smooth low torque shifts and crazy power shifts under WOT/performance shift mode.

My dealership was super helpful when I expressed my serious concern about future damage to the torque converter, no lies or mishmash on either side... enough said. As long as cars are mass manufactured and aren't flawless, a good dealership (service department) is essential IMO. Even if one has no lack of mechanical sympathy, who would have all the specialty tools for all jobs, in this case, a revised trans flush machine.

Mine isn't shuddering( yet). I am considering having them change the fluid over to prevent the issue(hopefully).



But mine is having the groaning differential on the first few turns when cold.....
ChevyRules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2020, 07:06 AM   #328
gtfoxy
 
gtfoxy's Avatar
 
Drives: '18 1SS
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: WI
Posts: 109
Well, just turned over 20K & it started the shudder.

It’s not all the time, mostly around 60 as the AFM kicks in & out, but has occurred at lower speed & in between shifts.

Called my local dealer yesterday to set up an appointment for the flush.

Not pleased.
gtfoxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2020, 08:11 AM   #329
Emoto
Sure, why not?
 
Emoto's Avatar
 
Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS, Jeep JKU Rubicon
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: SE Mass
Posts: 1,485
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfoxy View Post
Well, just turned over 20K & it started the shudder.

It’s not all the time, mostly around 60 as the AFM kicks in & out, but has occurred at lower speed & in between shifts.

Called my local dealer yesterday to set up an appointment for the flush.

Not pleased.
I just turned 20,000 as well. Can't remember the exact mileage when A8 for the flush, but I think it was maybe 3000 miles ago. It has, so far, been perfect since then. Get the most recent version of the TSB flush with the new fluid and you should be all set.

It is just my personal opinion that you only need more than the new fluid and special flush if you have been having the shuddering for a very long time to where it has damaged things.
__________________
This is that witty and clever statement that makes you chuckle.
Emoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2020, 03:48 PM   #330
mystre71
 
Drives: 2013 yellow camaro
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: martisnburg wv
Posts: 4
I have a 2017, it has the shudder. I took it to the dealership several times, they flushed it, and finally after the 4th time, they replaced the TC. the shudder is still there, right around 1500-1800 rpms. The guy at the dealership took it for a drive, said he didn't feel it, filled out a work order stating the same. Said maybe drive another 400 miles, did that, took it back, Now they just told me, that I need two new wheels and all four tires are busted on the inside and they need replaced before they can go on to the next thing. Right now, i'm sitting at $2800.00 in repairs and I know I have never hit a thing with these wheels, they are the only other ones to drive the car. but I have no way of proving it. They said, they can not even l look at the trans until I get these fixed first. They tried and tried to get me to buy the parts through them, but I refused. so now i'm waiting on new wheels and tires, that I really don't think I need. But what do you do ? I told them I want all the old wheels and tires, I'm going to take them else where to be checked.
mystre71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2020, 04:00 PM   #331
indyz
 
Drives: 2SS, CT-R
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: FLorida
Posts: 484
Time to find a new dealer, unless your wheels really are damaged. Maybe get a second opinion?
indyz is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:12 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.