Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-16-2020, 03:05 PM   #1
Mauimax3
Mauimax3

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS
ACS T3 Splitter

My splitter just arrived. For those of you that installed this did you feel it necessary to add rods to support the nose?
Thanks
Magnuson Supercharger, ZL-1 Fuel Pump, Kenny Belle Boost-a-Pump, Kook's LongTube, BTR Stage II, Trunion upgrade, ATI Superdampner, Nick Williams 102mm, Elite Eng. Can, Borla ATAK exhaust w/flow thru cats, CAI box. BMR Suspension upgrades. Dr Phil tuned.
Mauimax3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2020, 06:58 PM   #2
Spec
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS LS3
I didn't install the rods. For a few months, I was fine... until I shattered it coming out of a Chevron. You don't need the rods.

Before the ZL1 conversion;

Spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2020, 07:25 PM   #3
Mauimax3
Mauimax3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spec View Post
I didn't install the rods. For a few months, I was fine... until I shattered it coming out of a Chevron. You don't need the rods.

Before the ZL1 conversion;

Thanks ...did you cut the facia for the air flow or did you lop them off?
Magnuson Supercharger, ZL-1 Fuel Pump, Kenny Belle Boost-a-Pump, Kook's LongTube, BTR Stage II, Trunion upgrade, ATI Superdampner, Nick Williams 102mm, Elite Eng. Can, Borla ATAK exhaust w/flow thru cats, CAI box. BMR Suspension upgrades. Dr Phil tuned.
Old 07-16-2020, 07:34 PM   #4
Spec
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauimax3 View Post
Thanks ...did you cut the facia for the air flow or did you lop them off?

The design has changed a bit since I got mine looks like. The new one looks like it has 2 vent openings.

I didn't have to cut anything on mine or my fascia. It bolted right on without issue. You shouldn't have any problem installing it.

Hey, on a side note... looking at splitters again, I found this nice one I'm liking very much;

Not a bad price for it either....

https://ffperformance.co/product/liq...SABEgIfOvD_BwE
Old 07-16-2020, 07:46 PM   #5
Mauimax3
Mauimax3

Quote:
The design has changed a bit since I got mine looks like. The new one looks like it has 2 vent openings.

I didn't have to cut anything on mine or my fascia. It bolted right on without issue. You shouldn't have any problem installing it.

Hey, on a side note... looking at splitters again, I found this nice one I'm liking very much;

Hilarious that was my second choice....
Old 07-16-2020, 07:49 PM   #6
Spec
Account Suspended

Quote:

Haha, nice!

I pulled the trigger on a black one with black CF rods (in case I use them, not sure yet if I want them on), with the brushed black emblem. Should look nice. 10yrs and still modding this ride lol. Amazing.

I think the T3 would look better on the original fascia than the one I just got though so you're solid. Just watch them driveways!
Old 07-17-2020, 10:12 AM   #7
snizzle
Recalled user

Drives: '12 Camaro SS, '18 Colorado Z71
Slippery slope, now you're going to need side skirts

2012 2SS 45th AE LS3 M6

Borla ATAK Catback
Kooks Stepped LT Headers
CAI Intake
Hexvents
VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body
RX Catch Can
Hurst Short Throw Shifter
Pfadt ZL-Spec Stage 3 Suspension
Forgestar F14
Tuned by Frost
snizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2020, 06:38 PM   #8
joekono

Drives: Camaro Convertible 2014 1LT
Quote:

Wow, what a beaut!!! You just made my splittter shopping a little easier.
Attached Images

joekono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2020, 07:27 PM   #9
PeteD

Drives: 2012 2SS Victory Red with white st
Quote:
has anyone mounted this splitter on a ss front fascia? pics?
Old 07-17-2020, 07:58 PM   #10
Spec
Account Suspended

Mine shipped today.

Funny thing, I've been holding out on a new splitter. I bought a similar one that had a rough finish on it a while back I never installed. I was going to, but it got warped due to heat before I installed it after I forgot about it and found it in a closet months later... so I never did install it. That one was relatively cheap, a bit over 100 If I remember correctly.

My other choice would have been another APR CF splitter. I had an APR before that got shredded because I did not install the supports. That was on my SS fascia. The flat surface and the gap underneath the front end of the SS allowed too much air flow between the splitter and the fascia. At speed on the freeway, the APR splitter acted like a wing and almost tore my front end off. That APR splitter was toast.

Fairly quick after I saw this one though, I pulled the trigger. This one I will install... haha. The flat bottom of the ZL1 fascia and the flat surface of the splitter will not allow airflow between them. I may not install the supports... we'll see.

Here's an old pic of that APR on the SS Fascia. The gap lets too much airflow between them to stay on safely without the supports. Don't try this at home lol;

Last edited by Spec; 07-17-2020 at 08:13 PM. Reason: Added pic
Old 07-18-2020, 08:52 AM   #11
jokrz187

Drives: 2015 1SS
I would like to hear on the install and maybe see some pictures of install and any areas of concern. I'm interested in this as well. Did you receive hardware with these?
Custom TSP Stage 2 Cam/GPI intake Ported Rod Mod /VARARAM CAI/Mishimoto Catch Can/1 LE front & rear sway bars/ engine cover/fuse box custom painted, strut tower brace, Texas Speed LT, Hi Flo Cats, Magnum Tru-X pipe, NGK Spark Plugs, PCM Spark Plug Wire, Painted Calipers, CF Spoiler w/wicker bill.
jokrz187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2020, 09:41 PM   #12
Mauimax3
Mauimax3

Quote:
Originally Posted by snizzle View Post
Slippery slope, now you're going to need side skirts
Lol...read my mind!😉
Old 07-18-2020, 09:48 PM   #13
Mauimax3
Mauimax3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jokrz187 View Post
I would like to hear on the install and maybe see some pictures of install and any areas of concern. I'm interested in this as well. Did you receive hardware with these?
I'll post a couple once I mount it. The only hardware it came with was 3/16 rivets. I will more than likely replace these with nuts and bolts and oversize washers.
Old 07-19-2020, 10:41 AM   #14
jokrz187

Drives: 2015 1SS
Quote:
Haha, nice!

I pulled the trigger on a black one with black CF rods (in case I use them, not sure yet if I want them on), with the brushed black emblem. Should look nice. 10yrs and still modding this ride lol. Amazing.

I think the T3 would look better on the original fascia than the one I just got though so you're solid. Just watch them driveways!
Let us know how the install went and your thoughts on this product. I might pull the trigger on it but I'm curious how it looks and how it mounted.
Custom TSP Stage 2 Cam/GPI intake Ported Rod Mod /VARARAM CAI/Mishimoto Catch Can/1 LE front & rear sway bars/ engine cover/fuse box custom painted, strut tower brace, Texas Speed LT, Hi Flo Cats, Magnum Tru-X pipe, NGK Spark Plugs, PCM Spark Plug Wire, Painted Calipers, CF Spoiler w/wicker bill.
jokrz187 is offline   Reply With Quote