Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > Canada

Old 04-30-2013, 12:31 PM   #29
smarbrit

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler H View Post
You did a great job. I've also seen the dip used on the bow ties. I'd love to play with Plasti Dip but I'm chicken to try due to messing up. I ordered bow tie blackouts and gill decals online for 140 dollars. ( two sets in fear of messing up) the cards were a great idea also. Nice to change your look once in a while. The beauty is that you can change back at any time!
Well thank you!

I mentioned this to my boys (boyfriend and brother) after we had done the wheels that we should do the bow ties as well - they loved the idea, until I researched how to get them off the car and they both said eff it.....(hangovers are not good motivators for diy projects)

Don't be afraid of it, it was stupid easy to do as long as you know how to spray paint. We hadn't planned on doing it, my brother has a jeep he takes off roading and he did his. Loved it and decided I should do mine when my bf started to change over my wheels (winter-summer). We covered the car to protect from overspray as it was really windy Saturday and did the wheels in the garage.
smarbrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 12:38 PM   #30
dragon22

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS SIM
Sheena, it looks good! If you want to try a slightly glossy look on the wheels, you can use the glossifier. It adds a bit of pop without going overboard. I do like the look though!
dragon22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 10:06 PM   #31
smarbrit

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon22 View Post
Sheena, it looks good! If you want to try a slightly glossy look on the wheels, you can use the glossifier. It adds a bit of pop without going overboard. I do like the look though!
Thanks Tom!! I like them flat but that may help balance the look a bit...hmmm I think I jynxed spring tho...bloody snow....

my tires are running weird, hard to explain, but overall feel off. I still have to reset my tsp and I can't find find my tire pressure gauge....but I don't think it's air. Doesn't feel like a balancing issue either but could be wrong....I know the tires run different in the cold, but I park in a heated parkade, was there for 11 hours and when I left they feel the same as first thing in the morning.

Any suggestions? Oops just high jacked my own thread...lol
Old 04-30-2013, 10:10 PM   #32
Meltdownaverted
I sell Camaro's

Drives: traded 11 2SS RS SGM for 13 SS 1LE
Will feel weird after the winters as the ride may feel a bit stiffer....so weird how?
Meltdownaverted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 10:21 PM   #33
smarbrit

Oh, I can tell that difference quite clearly between the 2.

Shaky, but we've checked to make sure they are on properly. The ride isn't smooth like I remember, but I didn't have the car this time last year, so not sure if it's temp related....

I can say, I haven't felt like flooring it in corners as it just feels off. Called the dealer and they said they'll send a foreman or someone out for a ride with me...just need to find time to stop in...
Old 05-01-2013, 12:59 AM   #34
dragon22

Quote:
Originally Posted by smarbrit View Post
Thanks Tom!! I like them flat but that may help balance the look a bit...hmmm I think I jynxed spring tho...bloody snow....

my tires are running weird, hard to explain, but overall feel off. I still have to reset my tsp and I can't find find my tire pressure gauge....but I don't think it's air. Doesn't feel like a balancing issue either but could be wrong....I know the tires run different in the cold, but I park in a heated parkade, was there for 11 hours and when I left they feel the same as first thing in the morning.

Any suggestions? Oops just high jacked my own thread...lol
Might be a dumb question, but are you sure the tire shop put the wheels on the correct ends of the car? LOL

I know my car feels different when I put the performance ones on as well. The winters are so sticky and soft, it's like putting the car on rails afterward. Good call on getting the foreman to go for a ride. If you were off the next couple of days, I would lend what little expertise I may have. LOL

BTW...taking my car in tomorrow to Southgate. The AC belt snapped off. Now I know that doesn't just happen, so I'm pretty sure I'm looking at a new compressor as well. I know it snapped off because it didn't take the main serpentine belt off with it.

Also...last Thursday, I was sitting in a parking lot and a little asian guy pulled in beside me and threw his door open so hard, I thought a car had hit me. Imagine my displeasure to see a dent in my LR 1/4 panel above the wheel. 3" long and 1/2" deep!

I explained rather sternly that he was paying for it! Got his information. Took it to the dent clinic and they said it will not look the same again. :( Said they can get most of it out, but it will only be about 80% perfect. It is in the worse possible spot ever! So...I'll get a quote from Southgate to make it perfect and he can pay for it!
Old 05-01-2013, 01:05 AM   #35
blink
dave

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS
They look great. I'm gonna steal your idea with the cards. Did they work well or did they leave little card marks by the inside edges of the wheel?

I agree with the white stripes though.
Old 05-01-2013, 08:21 AM   #36
Tyler H
XLR8TNG

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Well thank you!

I mentioned this to my boys (boyfriend and brother) after we had done the wheels that we should do the bow ties as well - they loved the idea, until I researched how to get them off the car and they both said eff it.....(hangovers are not good motivators for diy projects)

Don't be afraid of it, it was stupid easy to do as long as you know how to spray paint. We hadn't planned on doing it, my brother has a jeep he takes off roading and he did his. Loved it and decided I should do mine when my bf started to change over my wheels (winter-summer). We covered the car to protect from overspray as it was really windy Saturday and did the wheels in the garage.
If I screw up the decal install I am going to Plasti dip the bow ties. No need to remove them. Just going to mask them off.
Tyler H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 09:00 AM   #37
smarbrit

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon22 View Post
Might be a dumb question, but are you sure the tire shop put the wheels on the correct ends of the car? LOL

I know my car feels different when I put the performance ones on as well. The winters are so sticky and soft, it's like putting the car on rails afterward. Good call on getting the foreman to go for a ride. If you were off the next couple of days, I would lend what little expertise I may have. LOL

BTW...taking my car in tomorrow to Southgate. The AC belt snapped off. Now I know that doesn't just happen, so I'm pretty sure I'm looking at a new compressor as well. I know it snapped off because it didn't take the main serpentine belt off with it.

Also...last Thursday, I was sitting in a parking lot and a little asian guy pulled in beside me and threw his door open so hard, I thought a car had hit me. Imagine my displeasure to see a dent in my LR 1/4 panel above the wheel. 3" long and 1/2" deep!

I explained rather sternly that he was paying for it! Got his information. Took it to the dent clinic and they said it will not look the same again. :( Said they can get most of it out, but it will only be about 80% perfect. It is in the worse possible spot ever! So...I'll get a quote from Southgate to make it perfect and he can pay for it!
That's horrible about your car! Good thing you were there and got the guys info, makes you wonder what people are thinking. Hopefully it can be fixed right and not just 80%, I'd be making the guy buy you a new door if it can't be fixed. Good luck!!

Shop didn't change tires, Jason and my bro did.....thinking the shop will be doing the next one....yes they are on right I hope it's just me being a noob I work during the days, but thank you. I'll hit the dealer on the way in to work, even Saturday would be fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blink View Post
They look great. I'm gonna steal your idea with the cards. Did they work well or did they leave little card marks by the inside edges of the wheel?

I agree with the white stripes though.
Cards worked great, no marks that I can see, just make sure you get the edges,,I've noticed its a little thin in a couple of spots, but I think I'm the only one who would notice.

Worse case, they stay black for the summer, I can redo them in smoke in the fall when they come off. I do like it much better than the chrome, and it really helps with the decision of what wheels to put on when I decide to get new ones...not black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler H View Post
If I screw up the decal install I am going to Plasti dip the bow ties. No need to remove them. Just going to mask them off.
Old 05-01-2013, 09:28 AM   #38
Weekend driver

The rims are running straight - jacked it up and spun them against a guide. The tire is distorted - not a flat spot, but the distortion matches the distance from the rods on the tire rack where they spent the last seven months. IMO they need a few days of aggressive driving to get the temps up to take the distortion out - I volunteer to take the car out on the weekend to solve the problem.
Weekend driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 09:52 AM   #39
dragon22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weekend driver View Post
The rims are running straight - jacked it up and spun them against a guide. The tire is distorted - not a flat spot, but the distortion matches the distance from the rods on the tire rack where they spent the last seven months. IMO they need a few days of aggressive driving to get the temps up to take the distortion out - I volunteer to take the car out on the weekend to solve the problem.
LMAO!!! That is the problem, I am sure. These performance tires need to be kept warm or this will occur. The will straighten out as it gets warmer, I hope. LOL
Old 05-01-2013, 10:33 AM   #40
smarbrit

Well, I will admit, they felt much better this morning, so mental note to self...reread this thread in a year as a reminder!!!

As for Mr. Weekend Driver taking her out on the weekend - I'm in, lets go for a cruise, I might even let you sit in the drivers seat for a bit...
Old 05-01-2013, 01:13 PM   #41
dragon22

Quote:
Well, I will admit, they felt much better this morning, so mental note to self...reread this thread in a year as a reminder!!!

As for Mr. Weekend Driver taking her out on the weekend - I'm in, lets go for a cruise, I might even let you sit in the drivers seat for a bit...
Old 05-01-2013, 10:02 PM   #42
Meltdownaverted
I sell Camaro's

Drives: traded 11 2SS RS SGM for 13 SS 1LE
Bring a helmet, Cruise up to Castrol Friday and do some performance driving
Meltdownaverted is offline   Reply With Quote