Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 06-17-2016, 10:14 AM   #127
SS/RS2010

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenacity View Post
I just got my 2015 Camaro V6 in March, and I personally like it. I get a lot of random compliments from it from people.....I have no personal issue with it.

But from looking at more comments on the internet, from being in this particular "group" on the internet, and from recently dating this one particular girl....I'm starting to not like my car anymore.

It's these comments I hear from the internet and within particular "groups" that:

- I have a fake Camaro
- Only the V8 Camaro is the real Camaro
- Why would you even drive that?
- You are a homosexual and you don't have any balls
- Make sure you wear a dress when you drive that V6 around
- What? I didn't know a Camaro could have only 6 cylinders, this fool has an imposter Camaro!

I don't understand this man. I got the car because I like the way it looks, that's it, end of story, nothing else to it. I don't race, why do I need a V8? The only thing I liked about the V8 package in terms of what I could "use" was that SOUND....I'm currently in the process of adding an MRTv2 to provide a more muscular sound.

But my feelings have been hurt, crushed, etc., it's even to the point of DEPRESSION. I know that sounds completely weird and extreme, but it's like on one hand when I take this out into the real world, I'm getting stares/compliments like crazy. Much more than I got from my previous car which was a 2011 Charger, which got stares/compliments but no where NEAR the level of the Camaro.

But when I hear all of this stuff about because my engine is a V6, I don't know, it's just starting to depress me and I'm being honest about that.

I don't WANT to trade my vehicle in after less than 3 months of having it for a V8, just to "feel better" about myself as the comments from these folks have honestly F'ed with my head.

I'm adding an MRTv2 Performance Package and that's going to provide a better muscular sound. From there, I personally LIKE the car and I like the compliments I get. But damn....I want to hold this car until 2021 - 2022 and I'm wondering can I mentally endure the HATE-FILLED comments from people because my engine has 6 cylinders and not 8?

Seriously? Why do you care so much about what someone else might think?

If YOU like it, then own it, if YOU don't like it, then get something else YOU like.
Old 06-17-2016, 10:21 AM   #128
sherob

Drives: 2015 SW 1SS/RS 1LE
Here... problem solved.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=17325&pictureid=134228
Old 06-17-2016, 10:31 AM   #129
sprtplt

Drives: Corvette
Quote:
I bought the Charger in 2011 and I bought the Camaro this year mainly to impress women and random people coming down the road/at a spotlight that I would never meet. That's the truth.
You can't be serious. No Charger "impresses" anyone, and a fifth gen Camaro
has not impressed since early 2010, at best. And, your instincts are correct about the six cyl. I would give up on thinking anyone, ever, notices you or gives one arse, they don't. And what you are driving is meaningless to the general public, no matter what vehicle, period.
Old 06-17-2016, 10:34 AM   #130
flipstyledsm22
Let's go fishing!

Drives: a car with 8 cylinders
OP, you're going to have a rough life with the mentality you have. Learn to take everything with a grain of salt and brush off the dust on your shoulders. You have to get a sense-of-humor, or you will always walk around with a dark cloud over your head.

Matter-of-fact, just delete all your social media accounts and live life outside in the REAL world.

Btw, don't take offense to my avatar... I like it because it makes me ROFL because I was once in your shoes and cared too much about what people think. 15 years later and I can give two shits what you think about me... I do what I want and I'm happy about it.

Old 06-17-2016, 10:44 AM   #131
ShadowYYZ

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2LT Deep Magenta
Op, I think you should just brush it off. I'm here in Oklahoma and I've never been dissed for having my 2014 2LT NON rs Camaro yeah I've been asked is it a v8 i say it isn't and i justify it by being a manual. Plus it's a deep magenta sorta pink color. I had the same issue, yeah I wanted a v8 it's a muscle car but, I couldn't afford it and this was the next best thing. Yeah, I got fake SS Badges, I only got a mrt exhaust system and lots of cosmetics. Even so, having the badges and being asked if it's a v8 i still say it isn't.

You shouldn't care people always going to talk. Might as well give them something to talk about.

Best of luck.
Old 06-17-2016, 10:52 AM   #132
Casperadub70

Drives: 2014 1LE Camaro, 95 Z28 Camaro
It doesnt matter if you have a V6 or a V8. It only matters if you wave to other camaros while driving.
2014 1LE 2SS Camaro Recaro seats, Custom Cam, Kooks LT headers, CAI intake, Z/28 Spoiler, Z/28 Belly Pan, Z/28 Brake Air Ducts, Stainless Steel breaklines, BMR Toe Rods and Trailing Arms resulting in 482.49 RWHP
Old 06-17-2016, 11:06 AM   #133
failshift
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowYYZ View Post
Op, I think you should just brush it off. I'm here in Oklahoma and I've never been dissed for having my 2014 2LT NON rs Camaro yeah I've been asked is it a v8 i say it isn't and i justify it by being a manual. Plus it's a deep magenta sorta pink color. I had the same issue, yeah I wanted a v8 it's a muscle car but, I couldn't afford it and this was the next best thing. Yeah, I got fake SS Badges, I only got a mrt exhaust system and lots of cosmetics. Even so, having the badges and being asked if it's a v8 i still say it isn't.

You shouldn't care people always going to talk. Might as well give them something to talk about.

Best of luck.

Lmao you put SS badges on it...... What a joke

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
LSX376 SLP TVS2300 '13 1LE
Full front half protected by Xpel PPF
Instagram:@Failshift
625hp/582tq
1LE Owners Group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/559684050767758/
Old 06-17-2016, 11:20 AM   #134
1Coopgt

Drives: All Black 2012 1LS
Quote:
I just got my 2015 Camaro V6 in March, and I personally like it. I get a lot of random compliments from it from people.....I have no personal issue with it.

But from looking at more comments on the internet, from being in this particular "group" on the internet, and from recently dating this one particular girl....I'm starting to not like my car anymore.

It's these comments I hear from the internet and within particular "groups" that:

- I have a fake Camaro
- Only the V8 Camaro is the real Camaro
- Why would you even drive that?
- You are a homosexual and you don't have any balls
- Make sure you wear a dress when you drive that V6 around
- What? I didn't know a Camaro could have only 6 cylinders, this fool has an imposter Camaro!

I don't understand this man. I got the car because I like the way it looks, that's it, end of story, nothing else to it. I don't race, why do I need a V8? The only thing I liked about the V8 package in terms of what I could "use" was that SOUND....I'm currently in the process of adding an MRTv2 to provide a more muscular sound.

But my feelings have been hurt, crushed, etc., it's even to the point of DEPRESSION. I know that sounds completely weird and extreme, but it's like on one hand when I take this out into the real world, I'm getting stares/compliments like crazy. Much more than I got from my previous car which was a 2011 Charger, which got stares/compliments but no where NEAR the level of the Camaro.

But when I hear all of this stuff about because my engine is a V6, I don't know, it's just starting to depress me and I'm being honest about that.

I don't WANT to trade my vehicle in after less than 3 months of having it for a V8, just to "feel better" about myself as the comments from these folks have honestly F'ed with my head.

I'm adding an MRTv2 Performance Package and that's going to provide a better muscular sound. From there, I personally LIKE the car and I like the compliments I get. But damn....I want to hold this car until 2021 - 2022 and I'm wondering can I mentally endure the HATE-FILLED comments from people because my engine has 6 cylinders and not 8?
You need to develop your self esteem . And get some better friends and develop a thicker skin also .

Or are you the type of guy that thrives on Drama ? Get over it ,enjoy your car .
Old 06-17-2016, 11:23 AM   #135
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by sprtplt View Post
You can't be serious. No Charger "impresses" anyone, and a fifth gen Camaro
has not impressed since early 2010, at best. And, your instincts are correct about the six cyl. I would give up on thinking anyone, ever, notices you or gives one arse, they don't. And what you are driving is meaningless to the general public, no matter what vehicle, period.
Funny I get compliments all the time on my car.......your a little inaccurate with that point. Gets noticed everywhere I go by the public. ...do people care? Maybe not but they do notice.
Old 06-17-2016, 11:24 AM   #136
1Coopgt

Drives: All Black 2012 1LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stacy View Post
Sounds like you need the V8 to impress yourself. The only cure for that is to cut your losses and go for the V8.
The more I read from this guy I'm thinking he should be riding a Vespa instead.

Old 06-17-2016, 11:35 AM   #137
drew peacock
Banned

Drives: 2012 2SS INFERNO ORANGE
cut your losses and buy the v8..you'll sleep better lol
Old 06-17-2016, 11:42 AM   #138
gajagfan

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE Black - Std Exhaust
Wait for it.....wait for it.......

CATCH CAN!

continue thread!
Old 06-17-2016, 11:51 AM   #139
Mr. Stacy
El Duderino

Drives: 2011 2LTRS Convertible
Help Me and my 6 - So Emo - Bad Thoughts!

Not sure if this is the right forum for this, but who really cares?

Some old lady was coming out of the Piggy Wiggly and noticed my car. She asked if I had a 6 or an 8 and I'm like, well, I only got 6, but it's a very POWERFUL 6. She stuck her old, greasy tongue out at me, laughed and wandered away muttering about my pathetic 6....

Wow I've been thinking about it all day now, I think I have something like sadness diarrhea of the brain. I mean this is really bad... went to take a dump and a tampon fell out of my ass! I know! That's how emo I am over this whole thing. I am thinking about selling my car and joining the Circus, but then come to find out no more elephants in the Circus!? I'm like WTF???

So I found this forum and thought I could find some other 6'ers to come over to my house and give me a big group hug... cause that's what I am really needing right now. Just some good wubbers from the men folk.

Not even getting any love from my GF right now... Every morning she wakes up and laughs hysterically for 20 minutes about my 6. Then of course her boyfriend (who has an 8 ) chimes in with all his BS, I swear I am going to kill that guy.

Oh sorry, went OT... So anyway, do you guys have some snappy come-backs for that old lady, my GF and her BF? I really need something that will make them go "WTF?".

Old 06-17-2016, 11:54 AM   #140
flipstyledsm22
Let's go fishing!

Drives: a car with 8 cylinders
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stacy View Post
Not sure if this is the right forum for this, but who really cares?

Some old lady was coming out of the Piggy Wiggly and noticed my car. She asked if I had a 6 or an 8 and I'm like, well, I only got 6, but it's a very POWERFUL 6. She stuck her old, greasy tongue out at me, laughed and wandered away muttering about my pathetic 6....

Wow I've been thinking about it all day now, I think I have something like sadness diarrhea of the brain. I mean this is really bad... went to take a dump and a tampon fell out of my ass! I know! That's how emo I am over this whole thing. I am thinking about selling my car and joining the Circus, but then come to find out no more elephants in the Circus!? I'm like WTF???

So I found this forum and thought I could find some other 6'ers to come over to my house and give me a big group hug... cause that's what I am really needing right now. Just some good wubbers from the men folk.

Not even getting any love from my GF right now... Every morning she wakes up and laughs hysterically for 20 minutes about my 6. Then of course her boyfriend (who has an 8 ) chimes in with all his BS, I swear I am going to kill that guy.

Oh sorry, went OT... So anyway, do you guys have some snappy come-backs for that old lady, my GF and her BF? I really need something that will make them go "WTF?".

Closed Thread