Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 01-11-2021, 03:48 AM   #1
judkins75
Silver Shark

Drives: 2014 2SS GM Npp 6 speed manual
I need help please!!! Front splitter extension

I brought a Zl1 add-ons front splitter extension for my 2014 Camaro 2ss. The body shop told me they couldn't install the spltter, because my car doesn't have an oem front spoiler. Now when I ordered the splitter extension, I didn't know I needed anything extra. Can someone chime in and tell me what I need to make this work. I'm New to the front splitter world. Thank you...
Old 01-11-2021, 06:20 PM   #2
witenite

Drives: 2010 2SS non RS
Like what came on the 1LE's. I don't think you can find an oem one from gm any longer. Example from Acs.
https://acscomposite.com/products/ac...aro-ss-only-v8
ZL1 add-ons site states must be used with oem splitter. Not sure why an after market one wouldn't work. Maybe someone else can chime in for that. Amazon and ebay also has after market ones. Or watch the classifieds on here and see if you can find an oem one.

Last edited by witenite; 01-11-2021 at 06:44 PM. Reason: Spelling
witenite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 07:37 PM   #3
judkins75
Silver Shark

Drives: 2014 2SS GM Npp 6 speed manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by witenite View Post
Like what came on the 1LE's. I don't think you can find an oem one from gm any longer. Example from Acs.
https://acscomposite.com/products/ac...aro-ss-only-v8
ZL1 add-ons site states must be used with oem splitter. Not sure why an after market one wouldn't work. Maybe someone else can chime in for that. Amazon and ebay also has after market ones. Or watch the classifieds on here and see if you can find an oem one.
Thank you for the info. I found one on eBay for $135. Just purchased and now waiting..