Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions

Old 07-29-2018, 12:15 PM   #1
BCDP341

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS
Question DIY Help: AFR Gauge Install

Probably the dumbest question ever but oh well, looking to install my dual wideband and been upside down in my car looking all over for a grommet to get the wires in threw to the engine bay. Probably starred right at it but I still don't see one other than the steering grommet under the dash.

Anyone have any pics of the grommet they used for their gauge? Don't want to do the fender method because Canadaland = Snow... = raging electronics.

Thanks all.
BCDP341 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 05:32 PM   #2
BCDP341

bumping for cookies and milk...
Old 07-30-2018, 05:50 PM   #3
Clarkstar

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE
There's one inside the cabin filter box. Remove the filter, you will see a grommet in there. You will have to peel back the carpet a bit on the passenger side floor board to see it. This is where I ran all my writing for the afr gauge, and nos.
2013 1le- Katech 416 short block, TSP custom grind cam, LOD intake, cnc heads by F.ED., Nick William's 102mm T.B., CORN fed, Pedders coilovers. Performance street alingnment by Justin at Lake Country Alignment and dyno tune by Late Model Throttle.

603 h.p. 495 ft lbs tq.
Clarkstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 06:11 PM   #4
BCDP341

So after doing some digging I did find that the hood release grommet is what one guy used to get his boost gauge set up but the problem I have with using that is the Innovate Dual Wideband wires are sooooooooooooo thick I doubt I could fit one let alone both through that space without modifying the hole.

https://camaro5.com/forums/showthrea...t=83694&page=3

Next is the whole over the fender in through the hood. Again getting both or even one in through that area would be next to impossible especially if the hood pinches a wire then it's game over. Again any photo help or videos would be greatly appreciated. Gauge kit I'm looking to install is Innovate Motorsports 3891 DLG-1 Dual Lambda Oxygen Gauge Kit, hopefully that all helps.
Old 07-30-2018, 06:13 PM   #5
BCDP341

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkstar View Post
There's one inside the cabin filter box. Remove the filter, you will see a grommet in there. You will have to peel back the carpet a bit on the passenger side floor board to see it. This is where I ran all my writing for the afr gauge, and nos.
I'll pop the cabin filter out and take a look. I thought something like that was there when I saw how they installed the line lock on the red ZL1 from YouTube.
Old 07-31-2018, 10:51 AM   #6
WoodBoss
"Old School"

Drives: 2010 2SS L99
A few inches above the grommet where the hood release cable goes through the firewall is another hole that is unused and big enough to fit the wire and connector through if you are using an AEM AFR Gauge.
WoodBoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 04:09 PM   #7
BCDP341

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodBoss View Post
A few inches above the grommet where the hood release cable goes through the firewall is another hole that is unused and big enough to fit the wire and connector through if you are using an AEM AFR Gauge.
Tried to feel around for it and couldn't find it. All I see is where the positive cable goes threw and where the brake lines, cables go in. Going to hit up your YouTube channel to see how you installed your AEM or if you could post a picture that would help a ton. Literally feel like I'm fresh in the shop with clean hands when it comes to this.
Old 07-31-2018, 06:03 PM   #8
BCDP341

Going to end this here and piggy back on the other thread about not drilling holes in the firewall. Hopefully the pictures people have/had will show up and thanks again all for trying to help.
Old 08-01-2018, 07:52 AM   #9
WoodBoss
"Old School"

Ok if you need help locating the hole in the firewall just let me know.
Old 08-07-2018, 09:15 AM   #10
xc_SS/RS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodBoss View Post
trying to describe the same hole a bit better: trace the power wire to the firewall from the red power block. the hole that is unused it about 2-3 inches above the hole for the power wire. i've got my wideband wires running through that hole
Z/28 intake, NW, FAST 102, speed engineering LT's, some exhaust, ATI -10% pulley, GM flex fuel injectors, DSX flex fuel sensor, MGW shifter, HP Tuners, some suspension work, stickers and a little weight loss. 12.63 @113.53
xc_SS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 07:55 AM   #11
WoodBoss
"Old School"

Quote:
Originally Posted by xc_SS/RS View Post
trying to describe the same hole a bit better: trace the power wire to the firewall from the red power block. the hole that is unused it about 2-3 inches above the hole for the power wire. i've got my wideband wires running through that hole
This is a better explanation, thanks.

I just posted a video on my AFR install, I did not get to video the grommet location, just too hard to get the camera in there. Link to video below.

https://youtu.be/C4C5Q44o3_w

Tags
afr, gauge pod pods dash gauges, innovate dual lambda, wiring help