Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 08-21-2015, 06:23 PM   #29
SlowSS

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS 1LE
Definitely appreciate the input. Here is the alignment sheet.

Old 01-19-2016, 09:19 PM   #30
SlowSS

Hey folks, hate bring up this older thread but I am still dealing with this issue and now I'm on a deadline as I was surprised with a cam for Christmas. Install date is February 15th. I have found that the vibration I am feeling is during 50-60mph not RPM specific. Doesn't seem to get any worse. I have had the tires rebalanced put new tires on the front. Even thought maybe it was the wheels. Well swapped them with completely stock factory fresh, meaning brand new, wheels and the vibration was still there. Checked the driveshaft bolts and all was good. Thought maybe pinion angle but I see that with these cars that shouldn't be a problem. Took the car back to the dealer and they have seemed to wash their hands of it. I am at a complete loss. Thank you for any help!
Old 01-19-2016, 10:14 PM   #31
jwcassidy1969

Drives: 2018 red hot 1le
Even though you bought new tires for the rear they could be no good. They may not be round and will cause a vibration like you describe. Get back to where you purchased them and have them checked . I believe you can watch them as they are spun on the balancer ,they may be square.
jwcassidy1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 10:26 PM   #32
jwcassidy1969

Drives: 2018 red hot 1le
Sorry, saw you replaced one of the tires but the other one could still be squared. Also jack your car up and put jack stands under the rear and see if someone can look under the car at the driveshaft and tires while its at that speed and see if you can track down the vibration. You could have bent a shaft or maybe driveshaft is failing.
jwcassidy1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 07:40 AM   #33
SlowSS

Thank you, we also completely swapped the rear wheels and tires out off a different Camaro and it was still there. Planning on doing that just got to find the time.

Also I pulled the e-brake up a little premature when pulling in to the driveway and notice a real loud metal on metal thud that went through the whole car. I took the car out and did some testing and found that once you pull it up it doesn't do it again until the car has gone in reverse and then pull forward and pull up the e-brake. Has anyone else had this happen? If not can I get someone to try it....you dont have to be at any fast speeds for it to happen, maybe 5mph or higher.
Old 01-21-2016, 04:27 PM   #34
Ragnar
Destroyed by flooding

Drives: Wife's car
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowSS View Post
Thank you, we also completely swapped the rear wheels and tires out off a different Camaro and it was still there. Planning on doing that just got to find the time.

Also I pulled the e-brake up a little premature when pulling in to the driveway and notice a real loud metal on metal thud that went through the whole car. I took the car out and did some testing and found that once you pull it up it doesn't do it again until the car has gone in reverse and then pull forward and pull up the e-brake. Has anyone else had this happen? If not can I get someone to try it....you dont have to be at any fast speeds for it to happen, maybe 5mph or higher.
I use my e-brake every day and have never noticed anything strange. So that I'm clear, I need to go about 5mph, use the e-brake to stop, reverse a few feet, pull forward again, and then use the e-brake again to stop?
Old 01-21-2016, 10:15 PM   #35
Camaro Dude

Drives: ‘13 1LE
SlowSS, are you 100% sure it is not the way your slightly modified car is reacting to the surface of your local roads? Some roads are smooth on top, but below, the way they were laid out, they sometimes have these "ripples" or small waves, that may cause vibration at certain speeds with some types of modified cars.

I used to have a modded E30 BMW, on 17's with full poly bushings, and it always had a vibration on the exact same stretches of road (I'm talking many km's worth of road here), and only at the speeds that you indicated.

Those same roads would feel smooth as silk in my other cars, but not the BMW. The vibration felt exactly like a had lost a weight from the wheels. On other stretches of road though, the vibration would disappear. Go figure.

If it's not the roads doing this, I'll go out on a limb here, and say it is driveshaft related.
Camaro Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 03:58 PM   #36
SlowSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post
I use my e-brake every day and have never noticed anything strange. So that I'm clear, I need to go about 5mph, use the e-brake to stop, reverse a few feet, pull forward again, and then use the e-brake again to stop?
That is correct. Again I did this by accident by just pulling into the driveway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro Dude View Post
SlowSS, are you 100% sure it is not the way your slightly modified car is reacting to the surface of your local roads? Some roads are smooth on top, but below, the way they were laid out, they sometimes have these "ripples" or small waves, that may cause vibration at certain speeds with some types of modified cars.

I used to have a modded E30 BMW, on 17's with full poly bushings, and it always had a vibration on the exact same stretches of road (I'm talking many km's worth of road here), and only at the speeds that you indicated.

Those same roads would feel smooth as silk in my other cars, but not the BMW. The vibration felt exactly like a had lost a weight from the wheels. On other stretches of road though, the vibration would disappear. Go figure.

If it's not the roads doing this, I'll go out on a limb here, and say it is driveshaft related.
I think it is related to the driveshaft as well just trying to get the dealer to see that. I don't think it has anything to do with the mods as it only started doing after the new rear tires and alignment. I'm taking the back to the dealer tomorrow to see about the ebrake and this vibration. I told them this time I was not going to pick it up if everthing wasn't fixed.
Old 01-25-2016, 04:30 PM   #37
Ragnar
Destroyed by flooding

I did what you said and drove around, no vibration. I suggest set an appointment so that a tech can ride with you. That way you can duplicate the issue for them. I hope they get you fixed up!
Old 01-29-2016, 02:36 PM   #38
SlowSS

Thank you Ragnar!

Well received a call from the dealer yesterday and guess what.....they didn't feel any vibration nor did the e-brake make the "clunk" noise. They did say that they were going to go ahead and replace the driveshaft to see if that fixes the problem that I am having. Should get the car back Monday or Tuesday next week. Guess we will see if this fixes it...
Old 01-29-2016, 02:51 PM   #39
Ragnar
Destroyed by flooding

Thanks for updating, and maybe, just maybe, that will do the trick!
Old 01-29-2016, 08:58 PM   #40
Camaro Dude

Drives: ‘13 1LE
The suspense is killing me

And seriously,
Camaro Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 09:59 AM   #41
SlowSS

Thanks man, well its Wednesday and haven't heard whether the car is ready or not. LOL

On a side note, the new Malibu is a nice car, but that damn auto start and stop almost caused me to rear end someone. Absolutely hate that "Feature", if you want to call it that.
Old 02-05-2016, 07:58 AM   #42
SlowSS

Well another update.....picked up the car last night and the vibration is still there. Going to check the diff fluid, but I'm back to where I started and literally have a week to figure this out. Oh and they did fix the brake issue. Said that the pad was sticking to the rotor. They resurfaced the rotor and cleaned everything up so it good to go.

Really need to figure out the vibration, I'm really starting to get annoyed!