Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 04-09-2010, 01:48 PM   #15
Synergy SATX
Mike and Debbie

Drives: 2014 Corvette Stingray 3LT Z51
1 week later still waiting on parts. Camaro Fest countdown ...
Old 04-15-2010, 07:10 PM   #16
SSPooler2010

Drives: 2010 2SS Chevy Camaro
In June 09 we ordered our 2010 1SS. Two days later after reading up on this forum I went back and upgraded to the 2SS. I really wanted the USB option for my Ipod ( yeah this is the female pooler not the male) but I also figured that for $2300 I should upgrade because I didnt want to kick myself for not spending the little extra to get the 2SS. Anyway, after some problems with the dealership and a call to the Customer Relations Number the car arrived and we picked it up on 9-18-2009. I had the car in the shop the following week with a problem with the USB feature. I would be driving and then all of a sudden it would stop playing the IPod and give me a "No Data" message and kick me over to the radio. Not long after the first trip to the shop we were dropping it off again for the same problem. And again. Skipping forward as the car was "stored" at the end of November because of the nasty winters here. April 1st we took the car out of storage and got to drive it again....still same problem. I took it back in to the dealership AGAIN (FOUR TIMES FOR THE SAME PROBLEM). Atleast this time they were telling me that there was a service bulletin and I am being told that there just needed to be basically an operating system update. So I dropped the car off and was given a base model ford focus that drove like crap. I was not pleased. Anyway getting off topic supposedly this fixed the problem... yet it still happens everytime I am in the car. I called customer care yesterday and was told that they would call me back yesterday. I finally get a return call after 2pm today. I called them back only to be told that it was immediately escalated and that I would get a call tomorrow afternoon. I asked to speak with a Supervisor or Manager twice I called for this only to placed on hold for over 20 minutes each time. Then they would come back and tell me that a Supervisor or a Manager was not available.

I am SOOOOO aggrevated. I LOVE this car but I am really tired of having to put it in the shop and having to drive a little crap box around instead of my gorgeous car. I am blessed that I didnt have to finance the car and I paid cash....So I have to tell you I am sorely tempted to sell the damn thing and go with something else. I was patient about all of this until the last time it was in the shop. It should not take 5 trip into the shop to fix a problem like this. But no one at GM seems to care that I am upset or even understand WHY I would be upset about this.

So far I am NOT impressed with the customer care department. I am truly hoping that they surprise me.
SSPooler2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 08:16 AM   #17
Inspector 17
I love crepes

Drives: 2017 ZL1 NGM A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSPooler2010 View Post
In June 09 we ordered our 2010 1SS. ...

So far I am NOT impressed with the customer care department. I am truly hoping that they surprise me.
PM sent. Sorry about your problem, but we will see what we can do to assist.
Inspector 17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 10:07 AM   #18
grunt

Drives: 2012 2LT RS ORANGE
Quote:
In June 09 we ordered our 2010 1SS. Two days later after reading up on this forum I went back and upgraded to the 2SS. I really wanted the USB option for my Ipod ( yeah this is the female pooler not the male) but I also figured that for $2300 I should upgrade because I didnt want to kick myself for not spending the little extra to get the 2SS. Anyway, after some problems with the dealership and a call to the Customer Relations Number the car arrived and we picked it up on 9-18-2009. I had the car in the shop the following week with a problem with the USB feature. I would be driving and then all of a sudden it would stop playing the IPod and give me a "No Data" message and kick me over to the radio. Not long after the first trip to the shop we were dropping it off again for the same problem. And again. Skipping forward as the car was "stored" at the end of November because of the nasty winters here. April 1st we took the car out of storage and got to drive it again....still same problem. I took it back in to the dealership AGAIN (FOUR TIMES FOR THE SAME PROBLEM). Atleast this time they were telling me that there was a service bulletin and I am being told that there just needed to be basically an operating system update. So I dropped the car off and was given a base model ford focus that drove like crap. I was not pleased. Anyway getting off topic supposedly this fixed the problem... yet it still happens everytime I am in the car. I called customer care yesterday and was told that they would call me back yesterday. I finally get a return call after 2pm today. I called them back only to be told that it was immediately escalated and that I would get a call tomorrow afternoon. I asked to speak with a Supervisor or Manager twice I called for this only to placed on hold for over 20 minutes each time. Then they would come back and tell me that a Supervisor or a Manager was not available.

I am SOOOOO aggrevated. I LOVE this car but I am really tired of having to put it in the shop and having to drive a little crap box around instead of my gorgeous car. I am blessed that I didnt have to finance the car and I paid cash....So I have to tell you I am sorely tempted to sell the damn thing and go with something else. I was patient about all of this until the last time it was in the shop. It should not take 5 trip into the shop to fix a problem like this. But no one at GM seems to care that I am upset or even understand WHY I would be upset about this.

I just sent you a PM, with my email address and what info I need to escalate your issue. Sorry for the problem. Hopefully we can resolve it to your satisfaction.
grunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 10:11 AM   #19
Michael_Js
SoCal C5 Family Member

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS - Black w/IOM; 6M
Send a message via AIM to Michael_Js Send a message via MSN to Michael_Js
Great info and yes, please don't just go off the handle and bash GM! Great cars, yes, some problems...

Thanks guys!
2010 Black 2SS/RS; 6M; IOM, GFX, sunroof; ADM Race CAI; Zoomers CB; Viper Alarm; Pdaft F&R sways, Adj Endlinks, Rtrailing arms, Camber kit, strut brace, Front Trailing Arm Bushing; SLP Skip-Shift Elim; Tinted lights/windows; Hurst Short-throw; LoJack; Door & Dash ABL Mods; ********; JBA Shorty headers; AACStyle LEDs; Stillen DS rotors, Hawk Ceramic pads; Havoc Blk Chrome wheels: 20x9s; Lingenfelter Blk Al Pedals; RevXtreme Catch Can; Goodridge SS lines; Ported TB; RK Sport hood; Hotchkis chassis brace; KW V3 coilovers;
Michael_Js is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 11:25 AM   #20
SSPooler2010

Drives: 2010 2SS Chevy Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael_Js View Post
Great info and yes, please don't just go off the handle and bash GM! Great cars, yes, some problems...

Thanks guys!
Dont go off the handle and bash GM????? Well lets see I have a brand new car that keeps having to go into the shop for the same thing. Contact GM and so far haven't gotten anywhere.

So excuse me if I am a little ticked off because I have taken this car back several times and not had the problem fixed. I then in good faith contact customer care just to get the run around....Gee I dont know what I would be a little pissed about that.

It is not bashing GM to talk about the issues that I having with the car AND lack of resolution with the customer care team.

CamaroPete and Grunt Thank you for the PM with the information appreciate the help!
SSPooler2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 12:50 PM   #21
grunt

Drives: 2012 2LT RS ORANGE
Just as an FYI,,,the USB issue is not limited to the Camaro.
And by the way I don't take anything said above as bashing GM. Just a customer that had a bad experience and is dissatisfied. And I am a GM employee.
Now we have to work hard to correct the situation and gain the confidence back!

Semper FI!!
grunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 07:51 AM   #22
Inspector 17
I love crepes

Quote:
Dont go off the handle and bash GM????? Well lets see I have a brand new car that keeps having to go into the shop for the same thing. Contact GM and so far haven't gotten anywhere.

So excuse me if I am a little ticked off because I have taken this car back several times and not had the problem fixed. I then in good faith contact customer care just to get the run around....Gee I dont know what I would be a little pissed about that.

It is not bashing GM to talk about the issues that I having with the car AND lack of resolution with the customer care team.

CamaroPete and Grunt Thank you for the PM with the information appreciate the help!
You are welcome SSPooler! I hope that everything gets resolved to your satisfaction.
Old 04-21-2010, 12:25 PM   #23
Inspector 17
I love crepes

SSPooler2010, any update from your end?
Old 04-26-2010, 06:05 PM   #24
eckerj

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT
I have an issue with my car, detailed in:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79840

The short and skinny version is that I have to wait and hope that parts on my car
fail again before the dealer will do anything about it.

This was confirmed by the GM Customer Assistance people who I talked to today.

Not a happy camper.
eckerj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 08:28 PM   #25
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Pete,

So I have been having a ton of problems with my camaro. See:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79065

I've been assigned a regional representative. Girl named Elizabeth, she's great tons of help, the whole nine yards, everything that GM says their customer service is 24/7. After a lot of turn around, and starting on 15 + days at the dealer this month, they are bringing in some GM engineer to look at my car. The problem is that they want me to drive around with him to show him the problems, which is perfectly fine. Except that the transmission jerk and the brakes are intermittent.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I'm a little paranoid that none of my problems will show up when I'm out test driving with the engineer, and then he'll just blow me off as a complaining dick. Please let me know if there is anything I can do during/after the "test drive" to explain/show them that I'm not crazy?

Thanks
Old 04-27-2010, 12:55 PM   #26
eckerj

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT
So, after posting in another area of camaro5, I did some searching through TSB's
hoping to find ones that matched my problems. I found two matching TSB's and
a "Service Update" (not sure if this is the same as a TSB):

#09-01-37-001 - Gurgle Type Noise Coming from Instrument Panel
#09-08-49-011 - Instrument Panel Cluster (IPC) Needle(s) Stick Intermittently
#09207A - HVAC Reprogram

My question is this: What is a TSB used for? Are these things that must be addressed
if the car is brought in for service? Or are these simply instructions for fixing
problems that are verified at the service department?

Thanks for any info/advice,

-Joe
p.s. The HVAC isn't a big problem, though I'd be comforted knowing it
was addressed.
eckerj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 02:01 PM   #27
Inspector 17
I love crepes

Quote:
Originally Posted by eckerj View Post
I have an issue with my car, detailed in:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79840

The short and skinny version is that I have to wait and hope that parts on my car
fail again before the dealer will do anything about it.

This was confirmed by the GM Customer Assistance people who I talked to today.

Not a happy camper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eckerj View Post
So, after posting in another area of camaro5, I did some searching through TSB's
hoping to find ones that matched my problems. I found two matching TSB's and
a "Service Update" (not sure if this is the same as a TSB):

#09-01-37-001 - Gurgle Type Noise Coming from Instrument Panel
#09-08-49-011 - Instrument Panel Cluster (IPC) Needle(s) Stick Intermittently
#09207A - HVAC Reprogram

My question is this: What is a TSB used for? Are these things that must be addressed
if the car is brought in for service? Or are these simply instructions for fixing
problems that are verified at the service department?

Thanks for any info/advice,

-Joe
p.s. The HVAC isn't a big problem, though I'd be comforted knowing it
was addressed.
Joe.

Sorry to hear you are having issues. First. the TSBs are bulletins for issues that customers are seeing or that have been found in a given car. These are issues that don't warrant a recall, but that have been seen and that dealers can fix should a customer come in with that given issue (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Technical_Service_Bulletin). If you are seeing those three issues in the TSBs you noted, you should call you dealer and tell them and give them the TSB numbers. They should be able to schedule your car in and correct those problems as spelled out in the TSBs.

For the other issues, something that you can try is when you experience the issue, push the OnStar button and have them run a diagnostics test. That may or may not work, but it can't hurt. If it is an intermittent problem, realize that it might be one of those things that the dealer has to see happen (which could be difficult). If you are having trouble reproducing the problem and the dealer still isn't investigating to your satisfaction, call the GM customer service line and see if they can help. If you get a case number, you can PM it to me and I can see what I can do to help.

Sorry you are having issues. I would try to tackle one or two at a time starting with the simpliest ones (or the ones with the TSBs). Then go from there. Hopefully everything can get corrected to your satisfaction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stieger View Post
Pete,

So I have been having a ton of problems with my camaro. See:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79065

I've been assigned a regional representative. Girl named Elizabeth, she's great tons of help, the whole nine yards, everything that GM says their customer service is 24/7. After a lot of turn around, and starting on 15 + days at the dealer this month, they are bringing in some GM engineer to look at my car. The problem is that they want me to drive around with him to show him the problems, which is perfectly fine. Except that the transmission jerk and the brakes are intermittent.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I'm a little paranoid that none of my problems will show up when I'm out test driving with the engineer, and then he'll just blow me off as a complaining dick. Please let me know if there is anything I can do during/after the "test drive" to explain/show them that I'm not crazy?

Thanks
Well, you have certainly done a good job of documenting your issues. That's a great thing. It also seems that GM things your issues are serious enough and real enough to send people to look at the car. Hopefully they see the issues live that you are seeing and they can handle it from there. I will look into if there is anything else you can do to prepare yourself. Can you please PM me your case number and your email and I will pass it along with my GM contacts and see if they have any suggestions for you. Sorry you are having issues.

Pete
Old 04-27-2010, 02:23 PM   #28
Michael_Js
SoCal C5 Family Member

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS - Black w/IOM; 6M
Send a message via AIM to Michael_Js Send a message via MSN to Michael_Js
So far, the dealers seem to be handling the clutch issues many of us are having. Mine is being replaced tomorrow. Good luck to those who are still having issues, I know it sucks ;(
2010 Black 2SS/RS; 6M; IOM, GFX, sunroof; ADM Race CAI; Zoomers CB; Viper Alarm; Pdaft F&R sways, Adj Endlinks, Rtrailing arms, Camber kit, strut brace, Front Trailing Arm Bushing; SLP Skip-Shift Elim; Tinted lights/windows; Hurst Short-throw; LoJack; Door & Dash ABL Mods; ********; JBA Shorty headers; AACStyle LEDs; Stillen DS rotors, Hawk Ceramic pads; Havoc Blk Chrome wheels: 20x9s; Lingenfelter Blk Al Pedals; RevXtreme Catch Can; Goodridge SS lines; Ported TB; RK Sport hood; Hotchkis chassis brace; KW V3 coilovers;
Michael_Js is offline   Reply With Quote