Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-15-2019, 03:48 AM   #1
irish108

Drives: chevrolet camaro
shout out to dyno steve

I was looking to buy the SCT X4. So I reached out to Steve and he recommended me to get the latest version which is the SCT BDX GM 40490. So I did. Got it within a few days. I went through all the steps of uploading and sending my stock file. In less than a day I had a new Tune in the car. WOW what a difference. I learned about Steve on this forum. Thanks to all of you who recommended Steve. Couldn't be happier with the whole experience and the product itself. I can't even imagine what the car would feel like with headers and a cam with Steve's Tuning. I'll be reaching out to him for more Tunes for sure.
irish108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 07:00 AM   #2
Junior

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS A6 AGM
Send a message via Skype™ to Junior
Thinking of going the same route. If I remember correctly, Steve offers additional tunes for that car/tuner at no additional charge.
Junior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 02:47 PM   #3
irish108

that is correct
Old 04-15-2019, 07:13 PM   #4
GodWentPunk

Drives: 2015 2SS White Convertible CE/INDY
I'm looking to get a tuner and both models are priced the same. I wonder from a usability, which one is better. Otherwise, it makes perfect sense to get the latest version.

Joe
Old 04-16-2019, 06:57 AM   #5
Junior

I still have an SCT X3 that some dude just randomly gave me. I assume it's still married to the old SLP ZL585 he had and sold. Thing is just collecting dust in a cabinet. I wonder if it's worth anything to anyone?
Old 04-16-2019, 07:40 AM   #6
Coreymottes

Drives: 2010 ABM 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior View Post
I still have an SCT X3 that some dude just randomly gave me. I assume it's still married to the old SLP ZL585 he had and sold. Thing is just collecting dust in a cabinet. I wonder if it's worth anything to anyone?
I forget the cost but if it’s married it needs to be sent back to sct to be unlocked and that costs almost as much as it’s worth alone
Coreymottes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 09:19 AM   #7
Junior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coreymottes View Post
I forget the cost but if it’s married it needs to be sent back to sct to be unlocked and that costs almost as much as it’s worth alone
I thinkn you're right. What a shame, guess it's a paper weight. That being said, I do wonder what the functional difference is regarding the SCT X4 and the SCT BDX GM 40490. Definitely looking to do this in the next few months.
Old 04-16-2019, 09:34 AM   #8
GodWentPunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior View Post
I thinkn you're right. What a shame, guess it's a paper weight. That being said, I do wonder what the functional difference is regarding the SCT X4 and the SCT BDX GM 40490. Definitely looking to do this in the next few months.
I would like to know as well. I'll be talking to Steve soon to make my purchase. I know the 40490 is the newer model but sometimes newer doesn't always mean better.

Joe...
Old 04-16-2019, 09:43 AM   #9
Junior

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodWentPunk View Post
sometimes newer doesn't always mean better.

Joe...
Aint that the truth. Please let us know what you learn regarding those two models. I'd like to have an idea before I talk to Steve.
Old 04-16-2019, 11:20 AM   #10
GodWentPunk

So the newer model allows you to load tunes for multiple vehicles. I'm not in the position right now, but moving forward, I can see that happening. Yes, I still need to purchase that addition tune but I don't need a second device to manage them.
Old 04-16-2019, 11:47 AM   #11
champwynn

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS 2002 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by irish108 View Post
I was looking to buy the SCT X4. So I reached out to Steve and he recommended me to get the latest version which is the SCT BDX GM 40490. So I did. Got it within a few days. I went through all the steps of uploading and sending my stock file. In less than a day I had a new Tune in the car. WOW what a difference. I learned about Steve on this forum. Thanks to all of you who recommended Steve. Couldn't be happier with the whole experience and the product itself. I can't even imagine what the car would feel like with headers and a cam with Steve's Tuning. I'll be reaching out to him for more Tunes for sure.
did you tune a stock car?
Old 04-16-2019, 01:10 PM   #12
hill_billy

Drives: 2013 Black SS M6
Shout Out To DynoSteve

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish108 View Post
I bought an SCT X4 off Steve and had him tune my car after I installed headers. Really good experience dealing with Steve, and my car runs great. I'm having a cam installed in June and plan to talk to Steve about getting another tune for the cam upgrade.

From what I understand (could be wrong), if you data log, get your tune updated based on the recorded data, and work through that process a few times, your tune should be the same (or very similar) as a street tune. It's a great option for people that don't live near reputable programmers or dyno shops.
hill_billy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 01:39 PM   #13
Panda1LE

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS 1LE (6spd)
good to hear another happy customer. I want to buy from him but all I have done to the car is a CAI intake. Prob going to wait for more pieces then buy

CAI intake, Stainless Power LTH, SCT X4, NPP exhaust
Panda1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 01:55 PM   #14
irish108

yes pretty much. my car has a CAI and Borla mufflers thats it. Headers and a cam coming latter.