Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-27-2012, 06:35 AM   #127
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepWarz View Post
The real problem is that Nascar isnt even Nascar anymore. I cant tell you how many times there has been a real race on and all you can get on TV is After Hours nascar crap and stuff nobody in their right mind should care about. And yay the nascar tech gets to go over all the car and make sure that nothing cool or unique has been done to it... How groundbreaking. There is not much to a carbed V8 sir. Lose the celebrity racer focus, rename the series to correctly describe the cars NASBCAR. And my dislike for the series would fade. Its not the racing I dislike, its all the BULLSHIT that comes with it. Why does the world need this pointless personal drama in everything made these days? Even the UFC turned into WWF drama wise.
Who is doing this right?
Aussie v8 supercars. Same sorta premise, but done right.
Again you know nothing about what you are trying so desperately to tear down, if you don't like NASCAR then don't watch it. You do not have to insult everyone that does like iit. You did not have to participate in this thread either. We get it, you hate NASCAR and everything and everyone that has anything to do with it. Just move on there is nothing for you here.
Thank you.
Old 07-27-2012, 09:04 AM   #128
DocT

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT - MT6
Quote:
Originally Posted by CUONCRS View Post
So it's a generic tube frame car with stickers that resemble Camaro lights? Hard to get excited about that kind of "racing". Let's go back to cars right out of the showroom, throw some numbers on them and a cage in them, and let them battle it out! That's what I would watch.
I agree....it just doesn't look like a real Camaro. That quarter panel window is butt ugly. Just my 2 cents.
Old 07-27-2012, 09:35 AM   #129
meissen
Founder - Michigan FBody

Drives: 1994 Camaro LT1, 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
In the end, a Camaro is going to be racing against Mustangs and Chargers and will do nothing but promote the Camaro name even more.

"Gone But Not Forgotten"
2016 Camaro 1LT A8 - "Elmo"
2014 Camaro 1LT M6 - "Cherry Bomb"
2012 Camaro 1LS M6 - "Clifford"

Michigan FBody Association
http://www.mifbody.com/
meissen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 09:58 AM   #130
Kent2010

Drives: Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by meissen View Post
In the end, a Camaro is going to be racing against Mustangs and Chargers and will do nothing but promote the Camaro name even more.
But I think thats the biggest problem that I and maybe others have with this. Slapping the name "Camaro" on a butt-ugly car that looks nothing like a Camaro does NOT strengthen the Camaro brand -- it dilutes and cheapens it.

Its like if GM would start selling accessory Malibu trunk lids with the "Camaro" emblem on them -- would anyone think thats a good idea because it promotes/strengthens the brand?
Kent2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 10:20 AM   #131
meissen
Founder - Michigan FBody

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kent2010 View Post
But I think thats the biggest problem that I and maybe others have with this. Slapping the name "Camaro" on a butt-ugly car that looks nothing like a Camaro does NOT strengthen the Camaro brand -- it dilutes and cheapens it.

Its like if GM would start selling accessory Malibu trunk lids with the "Camaro" emblem on them -- would anyone think thats a good idea because it promotes/strengthens the brand?
To say the NASCAR version looks nothing like the Camaro is an exaggeration, and you know it.

Does it look like it rolled off the show room floor? No, but it's not like they took the same fiberglass mold that they used on the Impala and just changed the decals on it.

Look at the Mustang - does it look like it rolled off the show room floor? Nope.

Does the Challenger? Nope.

To expect any different for the Camaro is like Einstein's quote - "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

What I find to be a riot is that if the press release said "After further review, GM has concluded to continue with the Impala instead of going with the Camaro" there'd be people on here with pitchforks and torches. GM listens to the fans and green lights having the Camaro be the car and yet people still bitch.

Lastly - between the three in all similar poses -- I'll take the Camaro any day of the week.

"Gone But Not Forgotten"

Old 07-27-2012, 10:22 AM   #132
meissen
Founder - Michigan FBody

Looking at those pictures more, it looks like the manufacturers only get to change the front clip. From the front tires back, the cars are identically bodied. In my opinion, only further reasoning to not bitch about how the Camaro looks... Looks like 2/3rds of the car was not in GM's control.

"Gone But Not Forgotten"

Old 07-27-2012, 10:43 AM   #133
Tom

Drives: 2010 SS Red Jewel 6 spd manual
It will be nice to now see the Camaro, Mustang, & Challenger on the track together. Don't get so bent out of shape on how the car looks... It's a race car, not a showroom car.
And it is NASCAR, not Nascar.
National Association of Stock Car Auto Racing.
'Nascar' is not a 'car', it is an association.
Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 12:08 PM   #134
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

The story you are about to see is true, the names have been changed to protect the innocent, any resemblance to existing production cars past or present is purely coincidental. Please enjoy the show....
Old 07-27-2012, 12:16 PM   #135
tooslow
Banned

Drives: 4 Wheels, Gasoline Engine
Great. Just when the Camaro begins to show signs of distancing itself from its mullet-wearing, redneck perception with the 5thGen, this happens!
tooslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 12:23 PM   #136
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tooslow View Post
Great. Just when the Camaro begins to show signs of distancing itself from its mullet-wearing, redneck perception with the 5thGen, this happens!
Would you rather it be associated with the Grey Pupon set? LOL...

Why do people have to label certain groups? Isn't that a form of Bigotry?
Old 07-27-2012, 12:39 PM   #137
tooslow
Banned

Drives: 4 Wheels, Gasoline Engine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
Would you rather it be associated with the Grey Pupon set? LOL...

Why do people have to label certain groups? Isn't that a form of Bigotry?
Probably. Welcome to the real world.
tooslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 12:42 PM   #138
swizlstik

Drives: 2018 Garnet ZL1
Finally!!
Old 07-27-2012, 03:30 PM   #139
SleepWarz
Banned

Drives: 1991 New Yorker, 69 Tbird, ABM2SSRS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
Again you know nothing about what you are trying so desperately to tear down, if you don't like NASCAR then don't watch it. You do not have to insult everyone that does like iit. You did not have to participate in this thread either. We get it, you hate NASCAR and everything and everyone that has anything to do with it. Just move on there is nothing for you here.
Thank you.
Oh but there is, if nascar wasn't on we would be able to enjoy some proper racing and not have to deal with plenty of extra nascar related stuff which isnt the racing. I don't hate the racing in nascar. Just all the bullshit that comes with it, which is unavoidable, and interrupts other racing series for NO good reason.
SleepWarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 08:27 PM   #140
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepWarz View Post
Oh but there is, if nascar wasn't on we would be able to enjoy some proper racing and not have to deal with plenty of extra nascar related stuff which isnt the racing. I don't hate the racing in nascar. Just all the bullshit that comes with it, which is unavoidable, and interrupts other racing series for NO good reason.
I replied several times to this and deleted my post each time. You have your mind made up and facts will not change it.
By the way how did you like the Rolex race from Indy today?