Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 02-24-2015, 02:52 AM   #57
2010SLVRBULIT

Drives: G5(LLT) & C6(LS3)
when I was @ dealership looking @ new Z/28, salesmen kept saying to get inside, get the feel. Since I already own a 2010, told him it was no different(maybe other than the seats)...
2010SLVRBULIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 02:55 AM   #58
2010SLVRBULIT

Drives: G5(LLT) & C6(LS3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by steakmaker View Post
I use a shop pusher broom to clean snow off my 271K '03 Chevy van, works good, especially getting the snow off the roof. The 5.3 in this van is great, doesn't burn or leak oil, not bad on gas considering it's a 2500 with 373 gears.
I use a dry mop sponge to clear out snow. Works great @ hard to reach places and doesn't 'scour' the paint job(older vehicles obviously)
2010SLVRBULIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 11:25 AM   #59
Trip

Drives: 2015 White RS 2SS 1LE
A few years ago, a guy and his family parked next to me while I was in my car. They're getting out and I hear a loud thump of their door hitting my car. I immediately got out and go to look and he says the wind caught the door. It was really windy that day. He gave me his information and I went to have it fixed for ~$150 bucks. Sent him the bill and he sent me a check.

Although I've had damage to my truck TWICE while parked at the airport. People REALLY don't give a **** when no ones around. Leaving a note is a thing of the past.

The only people who think a car is JUST A CAR are people with point A to B'ers.
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 11:36 AM   #60
ron10

Drives: 2010 2SS IOM L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim911 View Post
A guy slammed his door against my new Stingray. When I suggested he be more careful, he said, cool it, its only a car!
when i presented him the $700.00 bill for repairing the door.i would tell him to cool it ,it's only money.
ron10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 12:07 PM   #61
blessedhellride

Drives: 2014 Z/28; 2014 Ram 2500 CTD
Quote:
Originally Posted by ron10 View Post
when i presented him the $700.00 bill for repairing the door.i would tell him to cool it ,it's only money.
spot on
Old 02-24-2015, 12:09 PM   #62
Sigelitest

Drives: White 2016 Z06
I was looking at the new z06 on the show room floor at the dealer and I gently opened the door. Looked inside and was very carful with it not to hurt it in any way. I would never have leaned up against it with the rivets from my jeans scratching the paint.

It’s about respect for people and their things. I look at it this way,, I would like the same courtesy for the things that I may buy in the future. Treat people the way u want to be treated. A car is not a chair. When u pay that much for something it is more like art. (in 3 D)

PS I dont park next to people's cars that have the edge of the door all chewed up. its a good sign they will hit my car with their door
Old 02-24-2015, 12:29 PM   #63
Bretts
SS

Drives: 2015 2ss rs
I had a guy smash a window out once out front of my house long ago! a baseball bat/citizens arrest later, I agreed to dropping/not pressing the charges when he coughed up the money plus a little extra lol .
He was scared to meet me to get square so I had to meet him in a crowded Mcdonalds
some peoples purposeful decisions with others cars never cease to amaze me!
CCW sp16a track set, BTR stage 3 cam and kooks longtubes with high flow catsLocks@7.5 degrees castor and radius arm inserts, Ride Tech 2coilovers JDP upper control arm bushings BMR lower knuckle bushing Bo White throttle body3.91 gears Spohn del-sphere toe link and trailing arms Prothane subframe bushings
Bretts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 06:09 PM   #64
chef-beavis

Drives: IOM 2013 2SS/RS, Greenie, 06 FXSTBi
I was waiting in line in 2008 to sit in the red 5th gen at the Chicago auto show when the teenager in front of me picked at the stripe on the deck lid and bitched it was a cheap sticker. I wanted to give him a Gibbs slap to the back of the head, but sadly, the guys here are right when they say GM expects it. I'm sure it got new stripes before LA.
chef-beavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 11:35 AM   #65
RockerBox

Drives: 2010 Silverado. Stock height now
I used to own a 56' Ford truck that I would take to shows. The things that people do is amazing. In the northern Va area we have a Ginormous amount of Spanish only speaking people. They will at car shows come over, look at your truck and sit inside and all. Then you yell at them and they're clueless. Really.

Another time I was at a cruise-in at a restaurant. I went inside to eat, came out to a group of guys hanging around my engine bay... You won't believe this... I walked up and saw one of my sparkplug wires in a guys hand. He was looking at them closely. None of them understood English so one of my friends that spoke Spanish was like WTF to them. The response was that he's never seen an orange Taylor wire before. I wanted to Murder him at first but realized that the guy was clueless and wouldn't understand why he's being yelled at and the fact I was helping run that cruise-in. I had to stay professional. Those same guys came back a few months later and started hanging with us. I got an apology eventually.
RockerBox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 06:06 PM   #66
ZL1-V

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
No molestar mi carro por favor (don't touch my car please) should do the trick, that and a stern look gets the message across nicely without any drama.
ZL1-V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 07:05 PM   #67
Vroom_vroom
The gritos pollo!!!

Drives: Like a idiot
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHorse13 View Post
This thread is a treasure chest for personal injury lawyers. Half of you would be sued and the other half would be in jail. lol

Reminds me of the time I loosened someone's lug nuts.......
o; Slp loud mouth I|maganflow x-pipe|Injen long ram intake
|brembo brake upgrade| russell s.s. lines|2LT polished 19's|billet 5mm spacers|tinted tail lights&markers|pdmi|billet c. can|
'13 Avenger R/T
'77 T/A 6.6;, draining my wallet.
Vroom_vroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 07:16 PM   #68
Maddawg
2018 HBM ZL1 A10

Drives: 2018 HBM A10 ZL1, 2014 AG 2SS 1LE
It's called society see we allow people to not care cuz if u do they sue u and are lovely court system gives them money so basically every DB out there has nothing to worry about!! The real days have been gone for a long time
Maddawg is offline   Reply With Quote