Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing

Old 09-04-2019, 03:15 PM   #1
Kingpin75

Drives: 2011 Chevrolet Camaro 2ss
2011 Chevy Camaro 2ss....going crazy..no start...completely baffled

I have a 2011 Chevrolet Camaro 2ss and its cranking but has major difficulty turning over when it does I have to keep my foot on the accelerator to keep it going, it sputters and either white or black smoke coming out the tail pipe for a minute. It's not throwing any codes and when I take my foot off it dies also I changed the throttle body a few months ago 2 I have a aftermarket air filter system (cleaned) 3 I have put Heet and Seafoam in the system..I thought I had bad gas 4 The fuel pump is running and has pressure I'm at my witts end on this. I'm a disabled veteran and I'm limited on what I can do Also....after trying to crank my car a few times...my indicator panel displays "service vehicle soon" with a wrench inside a car symbol....I would truly appreciate any assistance
Kingpin75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 11:49 PM   #2
Gordy87

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
1st off, thanks for your service..

2nd, need more info. Was it doing this prior to the TB swap, or is this the reason for the swap? All connections plugged in good? Any mods done on the car? Long tubes, internal mods, or anything? The issues is unlimited with so little info. Whats back story on the car? Owned since New, purchased used with mods or w/o. Lots of smart guys on here to help, as I'm very limited myself, but they will definitely need some more info. Mine was burnt harness on passenger side that got on top of header.

3rd, have you hooked up to see if any codes are present?

Also may try posting of in the "issues" forum, may get more help.

Last edited by Gordy87; 09-05-2019 at 12:06 AM.
Gordy87 is offline   Reply With Quote