Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Past Camaro Fests > 2013 Camaro5 Fest (IV)

View Poll Results: Camaro 5 Fest 4 Location
o 0 0%
o 0 0%
o 0 0%
o 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-30-2012, 03:11 PM   #953
Camaros To The Max
AKA...Grim Reaper

Drives: 2010 2 LT Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAHVIT View Post
That's why we went to indy this year. And ticket sales were down from AZ.

However there were more camaros and racers at Indy...

Population density is not as big a factor as we originally thought.

FWIW.
I can tell ya that I have 107 New Camaros that will be there if it is held at Z-Max. They are members of 5th Gen Camaros of the Carolinas Club. Will be lots more from our friends of NY5thGen Camaros as well as Camaro Souths Car Clubs. I am sure all of them would kill to line up 4-wide at Z-Max. Just sayin....
Camaros To The Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 04:15 PM   #954
ShnOmac

Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
Quote:

FWIW.
Soooooo 2 maybe 3 tracks rotating on a yearly basis?
ShnOmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 04:58 PM   #955
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
So check out the Autoclub Speedway in Fontana. Full featured, clean, modern, acres of parking and space. 10 mins from the Ontario International Airport. About 45 minutes from Disneyland, the mountains, the beach. Tons of hotels, malls, restaurants, shopping within 10-15 mins of the track.

Plenty of family things to do for those who want to make a vacation out of it. It would pull at least as many as AZ and probably much more. It would be a great location for the west coast if you're going to settle on rotating between 3 locations; west, mid and east.

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 05:15 PM   #956
So Cal Camaro
So Cal Race Team

Drives: 2013 Camaro
Quote:

FWIW.
Interesting...

More Camaro's sold in Texas and California than anywhere else...thinking Texas has to be the next location if you're rotating tracks...

Doc's idea for Auto Club Speedway in Fontana is a good one...they could accomodate Track, Autocross and Drag Racing easily in one location...
Old 08-30-2012, 06:34 PM   #957
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Drives: '15 Challenger Hellcat (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xello View Post
Not taking any sides in the Texas vs. North Carolina debate but if you're going to have it you need to look at in the correct perspective.

The assumption that Texas has more Camaro owners than North Carolina is probably true but that is based soley on population of each state. To be fair, Texas is also a much larger state.

To compare Camaro ownership by state area size is fair as long as you compare by population density as well. If you were to compare an area of similar area proportion and size of Texas with east coast states you would cover North Carolina, South Carolina, Virginia, West Virginia, Tennessee, Kentucky and Ohio.

Texas Square miles = 268,581
Combined selected east coast states square miles = 285,220
(Fairly close in my opinion.)

Texas population = 25,145,561
Combined selected east coast states population = 46,236,761

From this perspective, having C5F4 in North Carolina totally makes sense since it is close to center of this population density.

That all said, I still believe that C5Fest should move around to accomadate each area of the country and not just use population density as the only factor.
FINALLYSATISFIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 06:35 PM   #958
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Quote:
It's reasonable people like you that make the fest so worth all the time and energy we put in to it.

Thanks for participating in this thread and your help in making our decision.

We'll be sure to take your opinion and selfless concern for the fest and all who attend into consideration as we move forward.

And I'd like to extend my personal gratitude to you for showing one of our major sponsors the respect and consideration he deserves for the time and money he invests in the fest for people like you. It means a lot to me that you can see the big picture and display such a sincere tone of gratefulness for those who bring the fest to you.

How's that for Oprah Winfrey....
Old 08-30-2012, 06:47 PM   #959
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by So Cal Camaro View Post
Interesting...

More Camaro's sold in Texas and California than anywhere else...thinking Texas has to be the next location if you're rotating tracks...

Doc's idea for Auto Club Speedway in Fontana is a good one...they could accomodate Track, Autocross and Drag Racing easily in one location...
I need good reasons to go to California. Maybe this is a Pedders / So Cal event
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 06:56 PM   #960
Redemption
Just Because!

Drives: 2010 SIM 2SSRS
Kegerator Jason lives in Cali. Decision made.
Old 08-30-2012, 07:41 PM   #961
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
i don't think Las Vegas was mentioned, so i'll just throw that option out there.
Old 08-30-2012, 09:00 PM   #962
So Cal Camaro
So Cal Race Team

Drives: 2013 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
Old 08-31-2012, 08:09 AM   #963
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xello View Post
Not taking any sides in the Texas vs. North Carolina debate but if you're going to have it you need to look at in the correct perspective.

The assumption that Texas has more Camaro owners than North Carolina is probably true but that is based soley on population of each state. To be fair, Texas is also a much larger state.

To compare Camaro ownership by state area size is fair as long as you compare by population density as well. If you were to compare an area of similar area proportion and size of Texas with east coast states you would cover North Carolina, South Carolina, Virginia, West Virginia, Tennessee, Kentucky and Ohio.

Texas Square miles = 268,581
Combined selected east coast states square miles = 285,220
(Fairly close in my opinion.)

Texas population = 25,145,561
Combined selected east coast states population = 46,236,761

From this perspective, having C5F4 in North Carolina totally makes sense since it is close to center of this population density.

That all said, I still believe that C5Fest should move around to accomadate each area of the country and not just use population density as the only factor.
You do realize that the map you used is a "flat" map and the world is round, right? In a "flat" map, as you go further north, the land masses are distorted to make everything look bigger than it actually is. So, technically, the area of Texas covers much more than what you depicted, at least on that map

But regardless, that's a pretty poor way of looking at potential attendance. We could move that same land mass graphic over the center of the US and suddenly Texas makes a whole lot of sense.

To really be fair, you shouldn't look at population density, you should look at population of Camaros density. Which, I have a feeling, is not a uniform distribution across every state.

I imagine the number of Camaros per capita is much higher in the south than it is in the north. I don't have any numbers to back this up, but considering the point that the most Camaros are sold in California and Texas seems to indicate this trend.

My VIN = 2G1FK1EJ9A9105017
Build Date: 04-23-2009 according to:
http://www.compnine.com/vid.php
CamaroSkooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 08:50 AM   #964
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSkooter View Post
You do realize that the map you used is a "flat" map and the world is round, right? In a "flat" map, as you go further north, the land masses are distorted to make everything look bigger than it actually is. So, technically, the area of Texas covers much more than what you depicted, at least on that map

But regardless, that's a pretty poor way of looking at potential attendance. We could move that same land mass graphic over the center of the US and suddenly Texas makes a whole lot of sense.

To really be fair, you shouldn't look at population density, you should look at population of Camaros density. Which, I have a feeling, is not a uniform distribution across every state.

I imagine the number of Camaros per capita is much higher in the south than it is in the north. I don't have any numbers to back this up, but considering the point that the most Camaros are sold in California and Texas seems to indicate this trend.
Did either of you attend CF3?
Old 08-31-2012, 09:07 AM   #965
Redemption
Just Because!

Drives: 2010 SIM 2SSRS
Old 08-31-2012, 09:17 AM   #966
Dangeruss
Bayoucitymusclecars.com

Drives: Camaro LSX
Quote:
Originally Posted by MY1STCAMAR0 View Post
Did either of you attend CF3?

Yes...they both attended CF3, and drove 2000 miles to do it. Pete also sponsored and put in multiple hours of his own personal time to make the road racing happen.
Dangeruss is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gta's camaroiv fest thread, gta's favorite thread