Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 09-08-2014, 02:59 PM   #1
Z28bryan

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LS
Anyone have their camaro shipped by the govt.

Has any military members on here have their car shipped by IAL. Haven't heard too many good stories about them. Just dropped off my camaro on the 3rd from alaska to florida. I hope I get it back in the same shape I dropped it off as and on time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Z28bryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 07:40 AM   #2
Applegarth

Drives: 2011 Chevy Camaro 2SS
I had my camaro shipped from Florida to England with no problems, then from England to Washington. It took about a month to transport to England but only a couple weeks to ship to Washington (I was still in England when I received notification that my car was ready for pickup in Washington). Everything was perfect.

The only problems I've had with the gov't vehicle transport system were with long-term storage. They ran my truck out of gas and the wheels corroded. The vehicle processing center had no fuel or even fuel cans. Put fuel in the truck and it still wouldn't start. Pulled the plugs and found they were fouled...and I was in Europe so I couldn't exactly swing by an auto store and pick up a set. I had to make a trip to my house for tools every time I found a problem since the VPC didn't have any.
Old 09-09-2014, 10:44 AM   #3
Scalded Dog

Drives: 2011 1LT
My luck sucked: Three days before my PCS from Germany to stateside, as I was preparing my car for shipment, so dipwad on post rams into my car by not paying any attention to the stop sign or the vehicle travelling on the road he just drove onto. Sure, he admitted fault, and was all kinds of apologetic... but, you can't ship a vehicle with body damage. The car was fully driveable, but the fender was really jacked up. Shipping company said that there were no exceptions: They would NOT ship the car in that condition.

I had three days before I flew. Too short of a time to get it fixed, too late to change my PCS date over a fender bender. Too short of a time to even sell it properly... sold it for pennies on the dollar to some lucky chump.

Oh, and the guy who hit me? Never got a penny out of him.

So, to those about to ship: Hide it in a garage for the last few weeks prior!
Scalded Dog is offline   Reply With Quote