Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 07-20-2009, 08:57 PM   #1
haleyd
determined future owner

Drives: 2004 pontiac grand prix gt2
Send a message via AIM to haleyd
so many questions about the new camaro...

hey everyone. i hope someone can help me, i have a lot of questions about the 2010 camaro as far as pricing goes and i'm having a difficult time getting answers. i've never owned a camaro but i've wanted one since i was about 9 and i REALLY want the new one.

i guess my most important question i have is does anyone know if the gm employee pricing (my dad works for gm) is available and how much it is? do you have to order the camaro to get the discount or can you get it on cars already at the dealerships? is it too late to even order a new one???

can anyone help me? i'm sure i have more questions but those will do for now LOL!!!! thanks!!
haleyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 09:10 PM   #2
swaugie

Drives: any chevy i feel like driving
gms is available on either an order or stock unit. it may take some doing to find a dealer willing to offer you one at that price right now.
swaugie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 10:56 PM   #3
vuduman67

Drives: Victory Red 2SS/RS
its not to late to order one. You need to find a dealership that has allocation.
where in indiana you from? IM in Griffith, highland area. My car should be here in a week or two!
vuduman67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 11:10 AM   #4
haleyd
determined future owner

i'm from the fort wayne area! and i'm having such a hard time getting any dealers to take me seriously. i know how much i want my monthly payments to be and i won't waver on that so they just think i'm a kid with a crush on the camaro LOL! but i'm not... i'm very serious about it and i will have one. i was told that june 17th or maybe it was july 17th, was the last day to order... guess that dealer lied to me.

i do wonder though... is head's up display going to be an option on the 2011? if it is, i would be willing to hold off until then. i have it on my grand prix now and i don't know if i can live with out it! LOL!!
Old 07-21-2009, 11:42 AM   #5
sac-au-lait

Drives: 06Colorado07Silverado08Cobalt
Your monthly payment is determined for the most by how much down in cash or trade,plus length and rate of term.it has little to do with how the dealer views you personally.
sac-au-lait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 12:22 PM   #6
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
You can order one, but you'll have to wait in line.... The discounting dealers are....well, a little popular...
CamaroScotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 12:46 PM   #7
haleyd
determined future owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by sac-au-lait View Post
Your monthly payment is determined for the most by how much down in cash or trade,plus length and rate of term.it has little to do with how the dealer views you personally.
i know that. i am just saying that once i say how much i want my payment to be they lose interest in talking to me. apparently i'm a cheapskate LOL!
Old 07-21-2009, 12:48 PM   #8
haleyd
determined future owner

i've seen HUD mentioned a number of times on different threads. but no one talks specifics. does anyone know what it's all about? will it be available on the 2011? because i just might wait until then if that's the case!
Old 07-21-2009, 01:01 PM   #9
prostock69
Female Muscle Car Nut!

Drives: 2010 RS/SS IOM Camaro
NEVER tell them how much you want to pay a month. First thing you need to know is how much is your trade worth. Visit Edmunds or KBB.com. and go to the Used Car section. Plug in the info about your car. Be honest about it's condition. You will get Trade In, Retail and Private Seller values. Second, do a search to see how much your used car is actually being sold for in a 100 mile radius of your location. Print all this out. Third, make sure you know your credit rating. This will help you determine what interest rate you will qualify for. Fourth, visit Yahoo/autos/finance to see what the interest rates are for your state. Use their payment calculator (which factors in tax) and plug in your used car's value, the interest rate you qualify for. Then you will see if you are close to your desired monthly payment. If not, you will need a down payment amount. Take this info with you to the dealership. I've bought 7 new cars in the past 15 years and I always get the deal I want because I am prepared.

Also, have you checked with your car insurance agent to see how much your car insurance WILL go up if you get a Camaro? I'm a 40 y/o mother of 3 who has a clean driving record. Mine will go up $60.00 a month.

Also, my dealership suggested we join the local credit union because they are offering the lowest interest rates at the moment which is 4.9% at the moment. Otherwise, we would get around between 6 to 6.5%.

Good luck.

MODS: Borla "S" Type Exhaust, American Racing Headers 3" Longtubes, New Era Cold Air Intake, HP Tune, Custom Ground Camshaft, Professionally Ported Heads by Darin Morgan, Ported Throttle Body, 3000 Stall Converter, and 160 Degree Thermostat.

http://www.rehermorrison.com/; http://www.darinmorgan.com/; http://www.neweraperformance.com/
prostock69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 01:06 PM   #10
haleyd
determined future owner

UGH, i wish i wouldn't have just told the dealer i talked to what i wanted my payments to be at. hopefully that won't hurt me. i don't know how easy it's going to be to get the car i want to the payment i want it to be but i'm sure as heck gonna try. i don't have much of a down payment though... other than my trade which i'm hoping to get at least $4000 for. (4000 that i can put down.... so about 8000 for my trade).
Old 07-21-2009, 01:13 PM   #11
The Viz

Drives: Everything
why don't you go a little more in detail as far as what you want, and what you want your payment to be. That way we can tell you if you are even in the ballpark

"God help the child who grows out of everything"
The Viz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 01:16 PM   #12
haleyd
determined future owner

i'm sorry that i keep posting, but i just talked to my dealer. they WILL sell at MSRP and they WILL honor my gms. YAY! i'm going in after work so they can look at my trade. i'm really nervous about all this. i'm afraid i'm going to get pushed in to things that i don't want. other than knowing exactly what my trade is worth and what they are selling for, what other information can someone recommend i go in there with?
Old 07-21-2009, 01:18 PM   #13
haleyd
determined future owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Viz View Post
why don't you go a little more in detail as far as what you want, and what you want your payment to be. That way we can tell you if you are even in the ballpark

okay good idea

well i want a 2LT (mainly because of the leather and connectivity package that are included) and i do qualify for gms. i would like my payment to be under 400 a month. i know i qualify for 5.49% for 72 months through my credit union. anything i left out that you need to know? OH, and i want an automatic, preferably with a sun roof.
Old 07-22-2009, 01:41 PM   #14
Wareal

Drives: 911
$400/mo

$400 X 72mo. at 5.9% buys you $24,200 amount financed. Add your down payment, that's your budget.
Wareal is offline   Reply With Quote