Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-20-2011, 02:59 PM   #15
HumanWiki

Drives: Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quartermile View Post
Trust me guys, they're not just screwing around. These are my mods

LSR CAI, LG Motorsport LT Headers & Exhaust, Custom Comp Cam, Comp Pushrods, LS7 Lifters, LS3 Head Bolts, NGK Plugs, MLS Head Gaskets, FAST LSX-R Intake, FAST Billet Fuel Rails, Patriot Extreme 650 Lift Dual Valve Springs-w Titanium Retainers, DOD/VVT Delete, L99 to LS3 Conversion.
I can see that being noticeable inside.. One of our neighbors has a cammed Viper along with many other mods.. I can always tell when he's going which of the two streets he turned on without even looking out the window.
HumanWiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 02:59 PM   #16
Tallboy
Say "when"...

Drives: 11 2LT
It doesn't have to be loud to flow well. Fast cars don't have to rattle the dishes in the cupboard when you fire them up. I have headers/full custom exhaust and Magnaflow three-chamber SUV mufflers on my Mustang. Flows great and is damn near silent. Loud, obnoxious cars are for kids.
Tallboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 02:59 PM   #17
Caminsky

Drives: 2001 Z28 A4
Quote:
Trust me guys, they're not just screwing around. These are my mods

LSR CAI, LG Motorsport LT Headers & Exhaust, Custom Comp Cam, Comp Pushrods, LS7 Lifters, LS3 Head Bolts, NGK Plugs, MLS Head Gaskets, FAST LSX-R Intake, FAST Billet Fuel Rails, Patriot Extreme 650 Lift Dual Valve Springs-w Titanium Retainers, DOD/VVT Delete, L99 to LS3 Conversion.
Is the LG setup catted?
Caminsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 03:00 PM   #18
Quartermile

Drives: 2011 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caminsky View Post
Is the LG setup catted?
Yes, I have high flow cats
Quartermile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 03:01 PM   #19
S-eatin-grin

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS AGM
You sound like a nice guy (except in the mornings) being willing to change your axle backs for your neighbors...there are plenty of quiet ones out there that still will give a good sound...flomaster, borla and SLP all make a "touring" version...with your mods it will still sound mean
S-eatin-grin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 03:04 PM   #20
Quartermile

Quote:
Originally Posted by S-eatin-grin View Post
You sound like a nice guy (except in the mornings) being willing to change your axle backs for your neighbors...there are plenty of quiet ones out there that still will give a good sound...flomaster, borla and SLP all make a "touring" version...with your mods it will still sound mean
And that's my problem. I wish i could say F all of you! But thats not my style. I'm a father, and a husband with a passion for cars
Old 06-20-2011, 03:04 PM   #21
STEALTH_MODE
I have a V6, so what?

Drives: Top Secret
Dont change anything in your car. If they really were bothered by the loudness of your camaro then they should tell you directly. Since you guys go out and spend time together, im sure they are just learning to accept that you have a loud car. And I'm pretty sure if it was someone you didn't know, they would be like "WTF? I'm trying to sleep!".. And if the LEO hasn't said anything direct to you, then you are fine, even if you are buddy buddy with him, he still would have told you something if it bothered that much..It's what you love to do, don't let your over-thinking take you away from it. Or like why they said above, ask them! I'm sure they'll understand.. But everyone is different, you might wake up with your tires slashed lol
STEALTH_MODE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 03:06 PM   #22
Caminsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by S-eatin-grin View Post
Yeah, I've heard clips of the Hushpower and it was VERY quiet, same with the Powerflo. The Borla touring sounds fairly tame as well, but probably more aggressive than the other two.
Old 06-20-2011, 03:10 PM   #23
mikeSS

Drives: 2015 c7
all i know is that if i would start my car up at 5-7 am i would probs get people mad also. there is not one car in my neighborhood that is close to as loud as my camaro. thats why i only take it out mid day or around dinner time. i would never go that loud for a DD.

and they have every right to get mad, your exhaust is illegal.
mikeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 03:15 PM   #24
Neuf Cruz

Drives: 2011 LS Black on Black 6speed
That is a tough one and I am usually the one in your situation as well but recently am on the other side! Everything i have owned was loud and never considered anyone else as these were my toys\hobbies etc... Now that i have a baby girl and I miyself have a hard time sleeping i now see why people got upset with me. Put yourself in there shoes and honestly see if it would bother you. Some people just complain to complain but from the sounds of it, you have decent neighbors and if it didn't bother them then they would not have said anything. would be as light footed as you can and ask them seriously about it. just you having the courtesy to discuss with them might get you some slack. Might defuse the situation! just read that your a father so you can understand about unwanted noise. that's what it took for me to see the other side of the story!

Neuf Cruz
Neuf Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 03:16 PM   #25
20Camaro11

Drives: SS
Maybe push it down the block every morning? If you don't mind a slightly quieter car, maybe a different axleback is the way to go.
20Camaro11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 03:17 PM   #26
JohnInSoCal

Drives: RJT L99 500HP
I have LT's but don't drive out everyday at 7AM. It would tick me off it it woke me up on a daily basis. A neighbor up the street has a louder hot rod than mine with a 502 + headers and straight pipes but it's not a daily driver and he definately doesn't start it up every day at 7 AM. Since this is your daily driver I would look into a quiter exhaust and get cut outs when you want that really loud sound. They probably wouldn't mind at all if it was an occasional thing or at least not at 7AM.
JohnInSoCal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 03:17 PM   #27
Caminsky

Quote:
And that's my problem. I wish i could say F all of you! But thats not my style. I'm a father, and a husband with a passion for cars
I wouldn't say that is a problem. If you were an adult with a family and driving your neighbors crazy but told them to eff off, well then that would be a problem. Looking to resolve the issue is the mature thing to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnInSoCal View Post
I have LT's but don't drive out everyday at 7AM. It would tick me off it it woke me up on a daily basis. A neighbor up the street has a louder hot rod than mine with a 502 + headers and straight pipes but it's not a daily driver and he definately doesn't start it up every day at 7 AM. Since this is your daily driver I would look into a quiter exhaust and get cut outs when you want that really loud sound. They probably wouldn't mind at all if it was an occasional thing or at least not at 7AM.
I get grouchy as hell if I can here someone revving a loud car in my neighborhood at night, or worst of all, playing loud bass. The latter drives me nuts at any hour of the day, but sends me into a frenzy if its anytime between 8 p.m. and 8 a.m..
Old 06-20-2011, 03:22 PM   #28
Quartermile

I forgot to mention that we have a loud Harley behind us. Grant it he doesn't use it everyday ( I would say twice a week) but it makes my car sound like a Prius.