Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 03-29-2014, 10:36 PM   #1
DieselAries1

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
Bought the wife a new bike

Bought my wife a new 650 today. She wants it to be just like mine with some pink high lights. Broke it down to bare bones minus the wheels in an hour. I have some light cosmetic stuff to fix but will have that done by Saturday. She has already order some other after market parts. She now has the mod bug lol! except I'm the one that has to do it.

She wants this with pink high lights lol! I won't make her rigid like mine tho
DieselAries1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 10:57 PM   #2
patternpilot

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS
Congratulations on being a member of the biking community. I have a question though. if your going to make it look like a Harley, why not just buy a Harley. It will never sound like a Harley.

LS3, Whipple, Custom Comp Cam, springs, pushrods, timing set, CAI intake, Apex cold air scoop, Doug Thorley TRI-Y headers, Billet Custom Products baffled Valve covers, Mighty Mouse Catch can, ADM FPCM, ZL1 fuel pump, MSD boost-a-pump, Hex Vent hood vents, ProSport gauges(fuel pressure, AFR, Boost), Corsa, 100 cell Cats. Jannetty remote tuned, Pfadt trailing arms, all parts user installed. No Dyno yet. Manual trans. 3.45 gears.
patternpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 01:35 AM   #3
NorthTex45thSS

Drives: 2012 45th SS
Nice!

95 Kenworth W900L
powered by CAT
13 spd
NorthTex45thSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 06:20 AM   #4
DieselAries1

Quote:
Originally Posted by patternpilot View Post
Congratulations on being a member of the biking community. I have a question though. if your going to make it look like a Harley, why not just buy a Harley. It will never sound like a Harley.
I bought the black one for 2000 bucks and turned it into that for around 500 by making the parts. I bought the wifes for 1500 and I'll do it for the same price. The motor is more reliable than a Harley, faster than a Harley, Cheaper to fix that a Harley. I don't see stock Harleys look like this either. I've been riding 10 years and havn't seen a single bike that looks exactly like mine. The only difference is the idle speed lol! So to build a bike for a 1/4 of the cost of the cheapest Harley that looks and sounds better, is a good idea to me.
Old 03-30-2014, 07:29 AM   #5
strykerg8gt

Drives: 2009 Pontiac G8 GT
I don't care what brand it is. This is a badass looking bike.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselAries1 View Post
strykerg8gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 08:39 AM   #6
jrhagen
Banned

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
I bought the black one for 2000 bucks and turned it into that for around 500 by making the parts. I bought the wifes for 1500 and I'll do it for the same price. The motor is more reliable than a Harley, faster than a Harley, Cheaper to fix that a Harley. I don't see stock Harleys look like this either. I've been riding 10 years and havn't seen a single bike that looks exactly like mine. The only difference is the idle speed lol! So to build a bike for a 1/4 of the cost of the cheapest Harley that looks and sounds better, is a good idea to me.
jrhagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 08:49 AM   #7
DieselAries1

Quote:
Originally Posted by strykerg8gt View Post
I don't care what brand it is. This is a badass looking bike.
Thanks! Here's the other side. I made this pistol grip shifter from scratch too. It's fun as hell. Push 1 forward pull back 4.

Old 03-30-2014, 09:41 AM   #8
Zig Zag

Drives: 2014 1LT
Congrats to your wife on the new bike. Hope she enjoys many trouble free miles.
I own two Harleys but I love all kinds of bikes and am not into trading insults.
Ya, nice job on the black out, looks tough. I can respect what you have done more than the current crop of poseurs on new Harleys.
I'm curious about you making it a rigid.
Your swing arm design (called a soft tail on Harleys) is made to look like a hard tail while providing the benefits of a modern suspension why did you eliminate the shocks?
I'm not a big fan of the shifter mounted clutch, any plans to change it to a suicide set up?
Is that a drum brake out back?
Zig Zag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 10:36 AM   #9
DieselAries1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zig Zag View Post
Congrats to your wife on the new bike. Hope she enjoys many trouble free miles.
I own two Harleys but I love all kinds of bikes and am not into trading insults.
Ya, nice job on the black out, looks tough. I can respect what you have done more than the current crop of poseurs on new Harleys.
I'm curious about you making it a rigid.
Your swing arm design (called a soft tail on Harleys) is made to look like a hard tail while providing the benefits of a modern suspension why did you eliminate the shocks?
I'm not a big fan of the shifter mounted clutch, any plans to change it to a suicide set up?
Is that a drum brake out back?
I wasnt a huge fan of the Harley Stigma. This bike is insanely easy to modify. It's shaft driven so it's instant power to the wheel. I can smoke most crotch rockets. I can also eat a harley 1200 sporster up to 90mph. I love the look of the rigid frame and the ride is very comfortable. I have gone 600 mile a in a day without issue. I like the all in one handle I made. It's mountainous here so this still allows me to cruise for long trips. It is a drum in the back
Old 03-30-2014, 11:27 AM   #10
Zig Zag

Drives: 2014 1LT
Quote:
I wasnt a huge fan of the Harley Stigma. This bike is insanely easy to modify. It's shaft driven so it's instant power to the wheel. I can smoke most crotch rockets. I can also eat a harley 1200 sporster up to 90mph. I love the look of the rigid frame and the ride is very comfortable. I have gone 600 mile a in a day without issue. I like the all in one handle I made. It's mountainous here so this still allows me to cruise for long trips. It is a drum in the back
Harley stigma lol. I run into people on metrics and Harleys all the time that feel the need to put the other bike down. Whatever. Even if a bike isn't my style I can appreciate it for what it is. After a short conversation the metric owners usually see where I'm coming from and drop their defensive attitude. Some will even admit they want a Harley.

Since I don't know the displacement of your motor I won't argue the point but I find it hard to believe you can "eat" a 1200 sporty.
Zig Zag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 12:33 PM   #11
DieselAries1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zig Zag View Post
Harley stigma lol. I run into people on metrics and Harleys all the time that feel the need to put the other bike down. Whatever. Even if a bike isn't my style I can appreciate it for what it is. After a short conversation the metric owners usually see where I'm coming from and drop their defensive attitude. Some will even admit they want a Harley.

Since I don't know the displacement of your motor I won't argue the point but I find it hard to believe you can "eat" a 1200 sporty.
It's only the 650. I stand corrected I "eat my friends" 1200 sporty hahah. I don't ever shot on any other brands of bikes or their owners. This was just the best way to get the appearance I wanted without dropping 15-20k
Old 03-31-2014, 05:46 PM   #12
The Black Knight
2013 Black LFX

Drives: '13 1LS
Quote:
First off, love the bike. Starting to see lots of "Bobber" style bikes running around and I like the look. The fact that it's a metric makes it even more special as you don't see a metric commonly used in that style.

I will say though that I'm having a hard time believing you "smoke" most "crotch rockets". Being as that's only a 650 Vtwin, it can't be making much more than 65 to 75hp at the wheel.

You may have beaten what looks like a sportbike style bike(i.e. SV650S, FZ6, etc.) but smoking a proper Sportbike(GSX-R1000, R1, ZX10R, GSX-R600, R6) I can't see that bike as beating any of those bikes.

Reason I know this, is I've owned many many bikes. I had a 99 1200 Sportster and a 98 Vulcan 750 and neither of them by any stretch of the imagination were considered "fast", zippy?? yes, but fast? not at all.

My 1200 Sportster would lose out to my friends V-Rod Muscle pretty bad. He would start pulling away from me very easily.

Which brings me to my next point. I've been riding Sportbikes for well over ten years and am a bit of a road racer(not professionally, mainly track days). However, my 03 GSX-R1000 doesn't just walk away from my buddy's V-Rod Muscle, it makes his bike look like it's standing still. We've done top gear roll-on tests and I walk away. Drop it down and go from 1st thru 4th gears and it's really embarrassing what a 152hp Gixxer will do to a V-Rod.

So while I'm sure you've beat on some Ninja 250's/300's and some 650 Kawi's, I doubt you've gone against a proper race bred sportbike. And you may actually have beaten some, but then again, it's all rider on these bikes and I will say. Most of the squids I see running around on sportbikes shouldn't be riding them and should opt for little scooters instead, they don't belong on sportbikes.

Very nice custom 650 though, love the black on black. Looks mean and nasty. A friend of mine who bought my 1200 Sportster did the exact same thing. He loved the Bobber look and completely transformed the bike from the way I had it. I love that stripped down naked look with everything blacked out.

Hope your wife enjoys her ride as well...

Mods: Flowmaster Series 10's axle back, Black ZL1 20X9 wheels(from Factory Reproductions), K&N Typhoon cold air intake, 20% window tint(all sides & back), gun metal hash marks, black outs for Camaro and Chevy badges, Vitesse Throttle Controller

The Black Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 01:31 PM   #13
DieselAries1

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
First off, love the bike. Starting to see lots of "Bobber" style bikes running around and I like the look. The fact that it's a metric makes it even more special as you don't see a metric commonly used in that style.

I will say though that I'm having a hard time believing you "smoke" most "crotch rockets". Being as that's only a 650 Vtwin, it can't be making much more than 65 to 75hp at the wheel.

You may have beaten what looks like a sportbike style bike(i.e. SV650S, FZ6, etc.) but smoking a proper Sportbike(GSX-R1000, R1, ZX10R, GSX-R600, R6) I can't see that bike as beating any of those bikes.

Reason I know this, is I've owned many many bikes. I had a 99 1200 Sportster and a 98 Vulcan 750 and neither of them by any stretch of the imagination were considered "fast", zippy?? yes, but fast? not at all.

My 1200 Sportster would lose out to my friends V-Rod Muscle pretty bad. He would start pulling away from me very easily.

Which brings me to my next point. I've been riding Sportbikes for well over ten years and am a bit of a road racer(not professionally, mainly track days). However, my 03 GSX-R1000 doesn't just walk away from my buddy's V-Rod Muscle, it makes his bike look like it's standing still. We've done top gear roll-on tests and I walk away. Drop it down and go from 1st thru 4th gears and it's really embarrassing what a 152hp Gixxer will do to a V-Rod.

So while I'm sure you've beat on some Ninja 250's/300's and some 650 Kawi's, I doubt you've gone against a proper race bred sportbike. And you may actually have beaten some, but then again, it's all rider on these bikes and I will say. Most of the squids I see running around on sportbikes shouldn't be riding them and should opt for little scooters instead, they don't belong on sportbikes.

Very nice custom 650 though, love the black on black. Looks mean and nasty. A friend of mine who bought my 1200 Sportster did the exact same thing. He loved the Bobber look and completely transformed the bike from the way I had it. I love that stripped down naked look with everything blacked out.

Hope your wife enjoys her ride as well...
Heya, I certainly do blow a sporster off the line. I smoke most crotch rockets from light to light as they just have far to much torque and can't keep that front wheel down. This includes queit a few ninja 636's, R6's, and GSXR's. Just my experiences around here. I'm sure if I had someone who knew what they were doing they may be even from light to light.
Old 04-04-2014, 02:35 PM   #14
ratfinkharley

Drives: 15 JKU, 00 S10, 73 Vette, 12 JK
Wanna race?

[IMG][/IMG]
ratfinkharley is offline   Reply With Quote