Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 05-27-2011, 06:12 PM   #1
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Holy Crap! Watch out for the idiots when you are out on your bike this weekend.

WARNING: Confrontation at the end on this video contains vulgar language.

Dumb redneck things he can run someone off the road because he "grew up on these roads!".

Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 06:25 PM   #2
thespymaster

Drives: C7 / ZL1 / SS / trucsk
During last years Fireball Run, coming through Grand Canyon, I had a A-HOLE try to run me off the road for about 10 miles, until the Sherriff caught up with me and witness it first hand......... Perfect reason like the motocycle in the above video , to have cameras recording....
2015 GMC Denali 3500HD 4x4
2012 GMC Sierra 3500HD 4x4
thespymaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 07:29 PM   #3
snakekiller

Drives: f150
both sides were wrong the Biker illegally pass the red truck and provoke him and the dumb ass redneck reacted the wrong way.
snakekiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 07:31 PM   #4
SSRich

Drives: 1967 camaroSS
Quote:
Originally Posted by snakekiller View Post
both sides were wrong the Biker illegally pass the red truck and provoke him and the dumb ass redneck reacted the wrong way.
agreed
SSRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 08:05 PM   #5
NicksVSix

Drives: 2014 2LT Red Rock Metallic
Quote:
The redneck in the pick up truck was *way* more in the wrong...being illegally passed does not give you the right to take the law into your own hands by trying to run them off the road.

What the motorcyclist did can result in a ticket....what the redneck did can result in criminal charges.
Old 05-27-2011, 08:10 PM   #6
NicksVSix

Drives: 2014 2LT Red Rock Metallic
What those motorcyclists didn't realize is that while they were on the phone with the cops, the redneck was on the phone with his immediate family, cousins, second cousins and whatever cousins how-many-times removed to go "Deliverance" on these two motorcyclists, lol.
Old 05-27-2011, 08:52 PM   #7
DevilsReject97
Nightmare

Drives: Your mom crazy in bed
What this biker did was not uncommon...and quite honestly, pretty common even for people in cars...

Some of the no passing zones are a joke and we abide by them because of the signs. Still, nothing excuses what this motorist did by trying to run the guy off the road and then chasing after him crossing traffic as he did.... nothing.
Old 05-27-2011, 08:54 PM   #8
Tallboy
Say "when"...

Drives: 11 2LT
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSRich View Post
agreed
So, it's ok for the guy in the truck to kill the guy on the bike?
Tallboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 09:18 PM   #9
PETRA
My Addiction

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS DropTop
So what if the biker illegally passed the truck? Too many a$$holes are ego driven so that unnecessary road rage results in a mindless -potentially fatal - accident. My opinion is that if you want to drive like an idiot and pass me then so be it; I'm not going boost my ego by retaliating and potentially killing both of us because of some d**k measuring contest I feel I need to sign myself up for....
You sound like my wife...at first she was.........but after a few rides in it and seeing me giggle lik a schoolgirl she was more like ............but then when I told her we could get her Vert lowered to match my stance she was like so it all worked out.
PETRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 09:28 PM   #10
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
When the guy on the bike passed illegally, chances are the only life he was endangering was his own. On top of that, he only crossed the solid yellow line to pass. That doesn't make it right, but the guy in the truck did it at least half a dozen times (in addition to trying to run the biker off the road), often for no apparent reason.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 11:16 PM   #11
TOMS1SS

Drives: NA
Damn looks like there is a problem with crotch-rockets on that road, attempted murder isn't the way to react.
TOMS1SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 11:25 PM   #12
SleepWarz
Banned

Drives: 1991 New Yorker, 69 Tbird, ABM2SSRS
I had the same thing happen to my in my CAMARO from a camper in a legal passing spot.
Really scary when that happens, I almost lost it into the ditch.

Granted those riders were riding a little aggressively for the area but not deserving of that, holy hell.
SleepWarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 11:56 PM   #13
bowtie628
Auto body and paint guy

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS
i cant stand those punks who drive those crotch rockets.. they think they own the road
Old 05-28-2011, 12:46 AM   #14
KXRM

Drives: 2011 Mustang GT
This is just my opinion, but honestly, guys on crotch-rockets ride like assholes a large percentage of the time. This in no way excuses this guy from attempted murder, but honestly guys. Show boating on the freeway or a small two line road for that matter, is just not acceptable, and I am quite honestly tired of cops not really being able to put an end to it.

This is likely what has led up to this situation. Other drivers on the road are tired of not being respected by these adrenaline junky road warriors. I don't care if you think it is a small infraction but driving that fast down that road passing traffic the way those guys are is asking for trouble. I do not want to be involved in an accident with a motorcyclist, ever, and these guys put me and them at risk when they behave this way thinking that they "know what they are doing".

All that said, the guy in the truck is wrong, he reacted poorly and endangered more lives by taking the law into his own hands. He should have called the cops.
KXRM is offline   Reply With Quote