Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 01-22-2020, 01:07 PM   #1
unssafe

Drives: 94 impala ss 396 6spd
Service bulletin 13313

Hello

I just took my 13 zl1 to the local dealer, I had the supercharger rattle. They agreed to fix it under Sb 13313. I was asking if they used a solid isolater in the repair, service guy was unsure and tech was at lunch. But he said I could buy the part and they install it. Service guy wanted to talk to tech to make sure that was possible, I got a ride home and now asking for your knowledge and opinions so I can call service guy back.

So if they take it apart would they just be able to swap it out if I buy a solid isolater ? Will a solid isolater have to be pressed on? How does the swap take place?

Also I want to go with a 2.55 supercharger pulley which I know has to pressed on. Could a dealership do that? Should I ask dealership to take it apart then I send snout to joker or some company like that then bring them the redone snout and have them install it?

Lots of questions from me, thanks for the replys in advance.
unssafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 01:20 PM   #2
JB'sZL1

Drives: 2013 ZL1 and 2019 Ram Laramie
Absolutely place a solid isolator on. I see no sense in just porting the snout. If you're doing more mods then absolutely. Absolutely do not have a dealership do any mods to your Z...take it to a reputable speed shop familiar with Z's.
JB'sZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 02:27 PM   #3
rmcbee

Drives: 2013 ZL1
I was given a whole new supercharger. Had my speed shop install it.
rmcbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 03:10 PM   #4
HDRDTD

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 Vert M6 ECF
From what I remember, when the bullitin came out about replacing the SC, it said that if you had already had the coupler changed, they would reimburse you for the cost.

I would guess that if you have them replace the SC as a unit, you would be covered by the 120,000 mile warranty for the SC. If you just replace the coupler, you would most likely NOT be covered by the warranty?

if that matters to you ?

BTW mine was replaced back in 2014, and has been fines ever since.
(no idea if the replaced SC has the solid or the grease-filled coupler)
HDRDTD is offline   Reply With Quote