Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-12-2014, 02:58 PM   #29
OKCwhiteKnight

Drives: 2010 2LT RS Camaro 2015 Colorado
CR is very biased and as far as EPA,I kind of like clean air and water over not having orange peel.
OKCwhiteKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 03:13 PM   #30
TxBandit911
Call Me"Doc"

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS 1LE BLACK
Quote:
Originally Posted by OKCwhiteKnight View Post
CR is very biased and as far as EPA,I kind of like clean air and water over not having orange peel.
The EPA is in place for one thing, to control and manipulate industry markets, that's all. They don't give two shits about our clean air or our water...
TxBandit911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 03:22 PM   #31
Evergreen6

Drives: 2023 Camaro 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TxBandit911 View Post
The EPA is in place for one thing, to control and manipulate industry markets, that's all. They don't give two shits about our clean air or our water...
See also, China. Your views might change. But yes, they also have the ability to manipulate industry in the process of also regulating clean practices.
Evergreen6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 03:26 PM   #32
TxBandit911
Call Me"Doc"

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS 1LE BLACK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evergreen6 View Post
See also, China. Your views might change. But yes, they also have the ability to manipulate industry in the process of also regulating clean practices.
No, my views wont change. Like most gov agencies, they are pushing an agenda, they do just enough environmental protecting to make them appear needed in the eyes of the public.
TxBandit911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 03:33 PM   #33
McRat

Drives: 2010 ZR1 "Satan"
The EPA reduced about 90% of the air pollution generators since 1972.

They have run out of low hanging fruit, so they are going after the very small (no effect?) contributors now. Sometimes with disasterous effects.

The "EPA" gas cans. You stop .25 grams of hydrocarbon vapor from escaping, while dumping a bunch of fuel on the ground. Just spilling a drop is .25 grams, but I've had those POS's dump a quart on the ground.

Weed eater emission controls. Well they run so bad now, that you must run them twice as long, and prime them several times as much to get the job done. But you did save a little while it was running.

They have tried to ban black cars, aftermarket wheels and tires, outdoor grilling, etc, etc, etc. All to save a microscopic amount of emissions that can never really be measured except in a cleanroom lab.

Paint was one of them.

Heck, did you know that wood dust is now considered a pollutant?
2010 ZR1 "Satan" no times yet.
2013 Volt SCCA Solo2 #771 HS3.
And a bunch of Duramaxes.
McRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 03:39 PM   #34
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by McRat View Post
The EPA reduced about 90% of the air pollution generators since 1972.

They have run out of low hanging fruit, so they are going after the very small (no effect?) contributors now. Sometimes with disasterous effects.

The "EPA" gas cans. You stop .25 grams of hydrocarbon vapor from escaping, while dumping a bunch of fuel on the ground. Just spilling a drop is .25 grams, but I've had those POS's dump a quart on the ground.

Weed eater emission controls. Well they run so bad now, that you must run them twice as long, and prime them several times as much to get the job done. But you did save a little while it was running.

They have tried to ban black cars, aftermarket wheels and tires, outdoor grilling, etc, etc, etc. All to save a microscopic amount of emissions that can never really be measured except in a cleanroom lab.

Paint was one of them.

Heck, did you know that wood dust is now considered a pollutant?
Cow farts probably put out more pollution than our cars do....
Old 05-12-2014, 03:43 PM   #35
McRat

Drives: 2010 ZR1 "Satan"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
Cow farts probably put out more pollution than our cars do....
Yes they do as far as hydrocarbons go. They burp methane, and crap methane. Our hydrocarbons for cars are very low now due to cats and fuel injection.
2010 ZR1 "Satan" no times yet.
2013 Volt SCCA Solo2 #771 HS3.
And a bunch of Duramaxes.
McRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 06:15 PM   #36
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
I own a 13 now, owned a 11, never had to go to dealer for anything, do you think they would like my input at Consumer Reports?.......... doubtful, most places want the whiners and the malcontents to report or give their opinion as those of us who have no problems which is the vast majority are too busy enjoying.......... And make for bad news..... yes another friggin satisfied customer just dumped money into his ls3 to make 500 rwhp......... not exactly what they report, if you go looking for problems in life you will find them!!! I belong to reporting my problems if I had any to a place that tracks new cars...... and going off my observations there be glad you did not buy a mustang especially the automatic, and no dodge products either, and amongst the Camaros just a few were the ones who reported minor issues, and they were the ones who had anything to report from the most minor to less minor and then that screwed the results because the amount of owners who are tracked is small.
Old 05-12-2014, 06:29 PM   #37
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

Drives: 1970 Buick, 2012 1SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Camaro View Post
What are the issues with "paint" people keep having? For one, anybody who didn't have a clear bra installed on this vehicle is an idiot.

Second, when you have such a broad, low vehicle you're bound to get things hitting the paint....especially with summer performance tires as they kick up a lot more grit and debris than an all-season. The key is to protect what you can...
I don't have one.

The "paint issue" is the same as every other new car- a soft paint system. Example- the harshest cloth I use on my Camaro is 100% cotton stitched cloths. That's the roughest I use.

If I take that cloth to my clean car and without bearing down hard, just rub the paint on for instance my front fascia, I will leave small scratches that correspond to where I rubbed with the cloth. I have creased the paint while using my thumbnail to pop off a spot of tree sap. The paint system is soft and the finish is very easily marred. It is not reasonable to expect that as I use a car duster to remove things that have blown onto my car that those things will scratch. But they do.

That's the paint issue. Now send me the money for my clear bra, Mr. Cashncarry.

As dar as CR goes, if the only input they get is from dis-satisfied owners, that's the results they publish. I can go to many grade schools and prove the Easter bunny is real by asking opinions. Then I can dis-prove it by going to colleges and asking the same question. The difference is the people that answered the question.

Sorry if I just let any cats out of any bags...but dammit, you should not put cats in bags, you sickos!
Old 05-12-2014, 06:29 PM   #38
cadyshac
It's in the hole!

Drives: '11 2SS L99 SGM, '18 2SS, M6, HWSE
OP sorry to hear about your troubles, I am on my 3rd 5th gen and trouble free.

What kind of problems are you having? I have a '02 Trailblazer that was at the dealer for several annoying things when it was under warranty. They were aggravating but not major powertrain issues. That same vehicle now has 300,000 + miles on the original untouched engine so was it a "lemon" or bad vehicle?

I don't put much stock in consumer reports, movie reviews, etc., etc.
cadyshac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 06:30 PM   #39
Thrillz

Drives: 2019 Dodge Daytona R/T
I don't car what anyone says let alone that pos CR magazine thinks. The 5th gen camaro is the best looking,fun to drive best bang for the buck out there period. Hate to break it to the op but some cars that come off the assembly line are just lemons. Every single car company has this problem humans build them. Its just part of the business but hope you don't get one.
Old 05-12-2014, 09:44 PM   #40
ssrs2lt

Drives: too many
cr is biased and pro foreign brands..ive bought cars that they rated highly one yr only to b s canned later.. opinions are like @55 holes everyone ...
ssrs2lt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 10:06 PM   #41
Brandonmos

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE
30,000 miles in just under a year, driven very hard and tracked. no issues.
Old 05-12-2014, 10:53 PM   #42
maddoggyusa

Drives: 2013 Camaro Dusk 2SS/6
Quote:
Originally Posted by McRat View Post
It is extremely rare for Consumer Reports to give any kind of good rating to anything made in the US.
+1, they used to give Toyota automatic "recommended" stamps without testing them based on past quality history, then the same Toyota cars had massive record recalls. Consumer Reports needs to stick to dishwashers and vacuums.
maddoggyusa is offline   Reply With Quote