Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-16-2009, 06:42 AM   #1
pck823

Drives: Toyota Tundra
Do I have ADD?

So, as the case has been all my life, when I get interested in something, I jump in head first and all other things cease to exist...

....when I started getting interested in guns, I was buying and selling them 2-3 times a week. Wound up selling a lot of these because I decided I had to have a motorcycle again...

....when I decided I needed a new motorcycle, I spent hours and days on the computer till I found just the one I wanted. Kept it for 6 months til I thought I wanted to take flying lessons....

....took about 10 hours of flying lessons til I realized the economy was in the toilet and future of my place of employment was a little questionable, so I stopped taking flying lessons and banked the money...

....been content sitting on some extra cash until I wanted a third car to start playing with. Started looking at some older model Mustang Cobras and then started seeing and hearing more about the 2010 Camaro. So I ordered mine on June 24th, and am expecting delivery...well, no time soon.

....now I'm getting bored waiting for the Camaro so I've started looking at Cobras again, thinking just maybe I can find something to play with until the Camaro gets here, then sell the Cobra for what I have in it - heck, maybe even make a few bucks, then it's all good....what to do, what to do, what to do

I'm sort of afraid that if I got a Cobra as a 'temporary', 'just for now' toy, that when the Camaro does finally get here, I might get a little used to a toy without a car payment, as I would pay cash for the Cobra, but use the same cash for a decent downpayment of the Camaro.

Anyone else have as short of an attention span as I? My wife is only grateful for the fact that this affliction doesn't affect my interest in her!
7/17 1100
pck823 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 07:01 AM   #2
nards444

Drives: 1SS/RS Black
dont know what your getting at. Maybe you got money to throw around I dont know. But sounds like you got an OCD problem not an ADD problem. Might want to see somebody.
Old 07-16-2009, 07:16 AM   #3
Zabo
Gunning for Sixth

Drives: '03 ZR2 Blazer
Nah, it's ADD. I'm the same way. But for me the Camaro has kinda stuck through it all. I may have wavered, but in the end I know what I want, and I want that damned car.

If only school could hurry up and finish, and then a job pops up.. The day I can say with confidence that I'm ordering that car is a day that will be long overdue.
Zabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 07:47 AM   #4
coquinn8846

Drives: 2004 Mazda 6
If I thought I would get used to the Cobra with no payments instead of the camaro with a big payment then I don't think I would buy a camaro. You get board easy, I am like that. I also used to spend way to much money on things I din't need, sometimes still do. I bet if someone tells you, you can't have something you go way out of your way to get it. That's OCD! But I knew I wanted this car since the concept came out and I don't want to spoil the excitement buy driving anything else. If you see someone they will probably tell you to began cutting down on things that you buy and sell. For instance you said you would buy and sell so many guns per week. They would say cut down to this many for a couple of weeks, now cut down to this many, you get the point. It is a control issue and you always have to treat the underlying cause before anything else. No, i am not a phyc patient I have a Bachlor's in Nursing and minored in psychology. Worked at a phyc unit for 1 year, shew! Find a good hobby that doesn't involve buying things and hold out on this car like the rest of us because it will be worth it. Good luck
coquinn8846 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 07:52 AM   #5
2010SLVRBULIT

Drives: G5(LLT) & C6(LS3)
..sounds like you have a 'short term hobby' syndrome, kinda like me but alot less $$$ involved..cool thing is that you have should have remnants of each hobby era to reflect upon..
2010SLVRBULIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 05:11 PM   #6
patriotpa
Account Suspended

Drives: 02 Silverado, 09 Vue, 10 1SS
Location: Tired of apologizing when we should be kickin' butt!
...what did you say?
patriotpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 06:18 PM   #7
Epitaph
Custom User Title

Drives: Fast
I just went and got tested for ADD and definitely do not have it. She said that I'm able to concentrate on things short-term very well, and I'm not looking all over the place all the time, so I don't have it. She thinks that school is having a lot of stress on me, so she gave me Wellbutrin(sp) which is what people take when they're trying to get off of ADD meds, Zoloft is similar and they use it for that as well. I can pay attention to things much better now, and I haven't misplaced keys/wallet/cell, and I remember to do my homework also.

You can set up an appt through someone local, if you do end up getting a prescription, just get the Generic crap, same ingredients, just not the same name.
Epitaph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 07:30 PM   #8
baileyrx

Drives: 2003 g35
obsessive complusive
baileyrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 01:35 PM   #9
pck823

Drives: Toyota Tundra
Well, whatever you call it...it sure keeps my wife on her toes! She knows what hobby has my affections by what sort of magazines start piling up on my nightstand!

I've been looking around at Cobras and I keep measuring them against the Camaro...for now I'm convinced that I will just hold out until the Camaro gets in to the dealership.

The REAL problem is not OCD or ADD - it's just that all of the things I like and enjoy are expensive. Call it a chronic case of good taste or TGAT syndrome (too good a taste)

Glad to hear that I'm not the only sufferer...maybe the mods could start a new discussion room for support and counseling!
7/17 1100
pck823 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 02:21 PM   #10
Hemlawk
AwesomeBillDawesonville

Drives: CGM 2SS/RS =)
Im the same way. I bounce around hobbies like crazy. Some stick, some dont.

My latest "thing" is learning Adobe After Effects...

I hope that one sticks

Order placed on 1/13/11 - Purchased 2/22/11 2SS/RS CGM
Hemlawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 04:57 PM   #11
CatiaJockey

Drives: 2010 2LT RS
I hate to tell ya man, but you've got it and you've got it bad. Now I'm not a doctor but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express once.
Old 07-17-2009, 11:38 PM   #12
PieNsky

Drives: Victory Red 1LS
I have ADD and it sucks. I have always loved Camaros, never had a wondering eye like Bill Clinton at a Christmas intern party though.
PieNsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 04:38 AM   #13
Gentry78
HOOK'EM

Drives: 97 c1500/92 olds
yeah maybe lol
Gentry78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 01:42 PM   #14
LabRat

Drives: Wheeled Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by pck823 View Post
So, as the case has been all my life, when I get interested in something, I jump in head first and all other things cease to exist...

....when I started getting interested in guns, I was buying and selling them 2-3 times a week. Wound up selling a lot of these because I decided I had to have a motorcycle again...

....when I decided I needed a new motorcycle, I spent hours and days on the computer till I found just the one I wanted. Kept it for 6 months til I thought I wanted to take flying lessons....

....took about 10 hours of flying lessons til I realized the economy was in the toilet and future of my place of employment was a little questionable, so I stopped taking flying lessons and banked the money...

....been content sitting on some extra cash until I wanted a third car to start playing with. Started looking at some older model Mustang Cobras and then started seeing and hearing more about the 2010 Camaro. So I ordered mine on June 24th, and am expecting delivery...well, no time soon.

....now I'm getting bored waiting for the Camaro so I've started looking at Cobras again, thinking just maybe I can find something to play with until the Camaro gets here, then sell the Cobra for what I have in it - heck, maybe even make a few bucks, then it's all good....what to do, what to do, what to do

I'm sort of afraid that if I got a Cobra as a 'temporary', 'just for now' toy, that when the Camaro does finally get here, I might get a little used to a toy without a car payment, as I would pay cash for the Cobra, but use the same cash for a decent downpayment of the Camaro.

Anyone else have as short of an attention span as I? My wife is only grateful for the fact that this affliction doesn't affect my interest in her!

Nope, there are a lot of folks out there doing the same

That said, I will not be Camaroing Up for a year or three.

I have found a Chrysler Dealer that has several 2008 300C SRT8s on the lot, MSRP is around 48K and are discounted down to 35K !!!!!!!!

I will be driving one home in a couple of weeks!

As much as I love the 2010 Camaro lines, I am such a cheap bastard, that I just cannot get myself to pay sticker or above, when I can slide in for a 30% discount!!!

LabRat
LabRat is offline   Reply With Quote