Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 09-16-2022, 11:20 AM   #1
LFX_CTS4

Drives: 2012 Cadillac CTS 3.6LFX
Overkill Tuning

Hi I'm new to the forum hoping for some help regarding Overkill tuning. I ordered a tune, throttle body, and E85 kit from Will in October 2020. I received my initial tune in March 2021 and have not heard anything since so I haven't been able to put in his kit. I have emailed him many times over the past year and half as well as tried to contact him through every way I could think of, facebook, forums, email, and even Tracey Lewis Performance as they carry some of his stuff. Can anyone help me get a hold of him. Any help is appreciated.
LFX_CTS4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2022, 02:11 PM   #2
BatmaroBeauty
BOOST OR BUST

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT
Many other members have voiced similar issue. I know Will lost his father in fall 2021 and it hit him very hard and from my understanding he’s been MIA since. I purchased a supercharger kit, modified cams, and throttle body from him back in 2019 but in this thread I discuss my experience having difficulty reaching out to him for tuning support along with another member that was seeking guidance. Last communication I ever received from him was back in August 2021 with all other attempts failed since. The other member opened a PayPal claim to get money back for the part due to lack of response on Will’s behalf. There are several similar thread discussions about members being unable to contact Will if you search the forums. Unfortunately I never had luck getting any other way to reach him besides email or Facebook, he refused to provide another form of contact even when my tuner requested to consult directly it was all via email. Sorry this probably isn’t the news you were hoping to hear but maybe there’s files available in HP Tuners with similar mods that you’d be able to copy and write into your own device. I’m not well versed with how tunes work but many members here have become knowledgeable enough on their own time messing around with it out of necessity due to lack of support available.

BUILD STATUS: LOADING BOOST . . .
BatmaroBeauty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2022, 06:18 AM   #3
KillboyPowerhead

Drives: 2015 Z/22
I've emailed him a few times recently (last few months) and got one response out of three emails; he answered fairly quickly after the second email, so maybe you just have to get lucky and he happens to look at his emails around the time you send one... Maybe put something in the title like "Cadillac E85 Tune", or something that's simple and kind of stands out, and then email him every couple of weeks or something.

Overkill/Self Tuned; Mace Camshafts; K&N Typhoon Cold Air Intake; Ported 80mm Throttle Body/Intake Manifolds/Manifold Spacer; Solo Performance High-Flow Cats, Cat-back Exhaust; Vitesse Motorsports Throttle Controller; Elite Engineering E2 Catch Can; BC Racing BR Coilovers; JPSS Delrin Radius Rod Bushing Inserts, Sway Bars; Pegasus Aluminum Rear Cradle Bushings, Camber/Caster Plates; Z/28 Toe Links, Trailing Arms, Upper Control Arm Bushings, Rear Shock Mounts
KillboyPowerhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2022, 07:21 PM   #4
LFX_CTS4

Drives: 2012 Cadillac CTS 3.6LFX
I appreciate the replies. I received my tunes from Will. Looking forward to trying them out.
LFX_CTS4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2022, 06:06 AM   #5
KillboyPowerhead

Drives: 2015 Z/22
Nice. I plan to (finally) install Mace cams soon and hopefully don't have to wait months for a tune - worst case I guess I'll learn how to use HP Tuners
Overkill/Self Tuned; Mace Camshafts; K&N Typhoon Cold Air Intake; Ported 80mm Throttle Body/Intake Manifolds/Manifold Spacer; Solo Performance High-Flow Cats, Cat-back Exhaust; Vitesse Motorsports Throttle Controller; Elite Engineering E2 Catch Can; BC Racing BR Coilovers; JPSS Delrin Radius Rod Bushing Inserts, Sway Bars; Pegasus Aluminum Rear Cradle Bushings, Camber/Caster Plates; Z/28 Toe Links, Trailing Arms, Upper Control Arm Bushings, Rear Shock Mounts
KillboyPowerhead is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
e85, lfx, over kill, overkill, tuning