Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Past Camaro Fests > 2014 Camaro5 Fest (V)

Old 05-15-2014, 03:27 PM   #99
Synergy SATX
Mike and Debbie

Drives: 2014 Corvette Stingray 3LT Z51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tavo32 View Post
Pete, mike, and all the autocross crew, y'all did a heck of a job! Personally I find it funny how these V8 owners want the V6s out of their class. This was my first time autocrossing and found out very quickly that driver skill is most important here! Forrest ran great in a completely stock car other than swap of tires. I could have had my suspension completely beefed up and I know I wouldn't have came close to beating him because he is a better driver. My only disappointment was that I had to choose between autocross finals and drag racing eliminations/finals. I opted for drag racing and got 1st place in my class, but I would have loved to participate in the autocross finals!
You woulda got SMOKED! Yeah I don't know how we can manage both, but we will discuss possibilities. I would like to see people get a chance at both but working towards a consolidated awards presentation was a great thing to me....The ending awards presentation (in the sweet air conditioned room) was great. I will discuss this issue at our next meeting.
Old 05-16-2014, 01:19 AM   #100
Tavo32

Drives: LFX LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12blkgrayRS View Post
I think you made a very good decision tavo, you rocked your class!!
Thanks Forrest!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synergy SATX View Post
You woulda got SMOKED! Yeah I don't know how we can manage both, but we will discuss possibilities. I would like to see people get a chance at both but working towards a consolidated awards presentation was a great thing to me....The ending awards presentation (in the sweet air conditioned room) was great. I will discuss this issue at our next meeting.
There is no denying that I kept getting better and better, with my last two runs being my best runs with nine tenths of a second difference with the last one being the best one! but yeah Forrest would have still kicked my ass
Old 05-16-2014, 06:35 AM   #101
sycraft
COTW 5/06/2013

Drives: 2017 Corvette Grand Sport-Ho-Vette
Tavo, next time I may dragrace and you can autox... no wait, nevermind..... Autocross is for drivers...
Old 05-16-2014, 11:22 AM   #102
12blkgrayRS

Drives: 2012 Camaro RS 2LT 6spd man
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tavo32 View Post
Thanks Forrest!

There is no denying that I kept getting better and better, with my last two runs being my best runs with nine tenths of a second difference with the last one being the best one! but yeah Forrest would have still kicked my ass
I can teach you.
I made the offer to anyone else as well. it just getting over the fear factor of not knowing the limits of your car.
My wife ran her mercedes in the Mar auto-x. I rode with her and gave her instruction. Her times came with .5 of mine....Her c-class AMG of course handles alot better than mine.
Old 05-17-2014, 12:25 PM   #103
Zombie killer
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS L99
Great job Pete and crew !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
For the record, I spend more money shipping all the equipment to the track and back than the cost for a vendor to display at the FEST. The moderators asked me what we should call the CamaroCross years ago. I choose to call it the Camaro5 CamaroCross. The FEST is a social event for Camaro5 members and that is as it should be. As much as I provide to the FEST, my contribution pales in comparison to the efforts of the CamaroCross TEAM.

It was my goal from the day I was approached to sponsor and run the CamaroCross event to build a CamarCross TEAM that can operate with or without me, with or without a sponsor. GTAHVIT and Mr. Wyndahm can confirm this. It has taken four years, but we have reached a point where the core members of the TEAM are so strong the CamaroCross can run without me. I am very proud of the CamaroCross TEAM. You are all AWESOME!
Being that this was my first Camaro Fest, I was impressed with the volunteer staff at the event and how well most of it went. I wanted to participate in both the drags and autox but it seems timing and the ability to be at two places at once was not possible. To make the auto cross event work, it took volunteers to work the corners when you was not actually driving the course, thus my choice to do my part to work the course took precedence over making the drag events on time (mostly bracket racing). I am not complaining as I choose what I wanted to be involved with the most and that was the Camaro cross event. I have been in only one Autocross event a few weeks prior to CamaroFest and it was a SCCA thing so I had to run against so many turbo charged ,all wheel drive cars that weighed less than half the weight of a Camaro so it was so nice to compete with other Camaros on the same platform. I am with Pete on how a driver mod is more important than which class you are competing in. My L99 Camaro has only lowering springs (installed mainly for looks) and a set of sway bars and it ran competitive times all weekend on stock Pzeros. So to Pete and his crew, my hat is off to y'all. I think you did a great job and deserve
Old 05-17-2014, 03:43 PM   #104
Tavo32

Quote:
Originally Posted by sycraft View Post
Tavo, next time I may dragrace and you can autox... no wait, nevermind..... Autocross is for drivers...

Clint pleeeeeaasaaasssseeeee! I have inferno orange man, everybody knows that's the fastest color!
Old 05-19-2014, 03:30 PM   #105
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

Drives: 2016 C7 Z51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synergy SATX View Post
You woulda got SMOKED!
I lined up in the finals and looked over to Mike and asked him if he had any advice. He asked what my best time was so far (a 24.7). His response? "Have fun because you're not going to place."

My next run? a 24.2 almost a podium finish in my class

Sometimes you just need a little "encouragement"

Oh and I have all of this on film
BaylorCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 02:31 AM   #106
Tavo32

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaylorCamaro View Post
I lined up in the finals and looked over to Mike and asked him if he had any advice. He asked what my best time was so far (a 24.7). His response? "Have fun because you're not going to place."

My next run? a 24.2 almost a podium finish in my class

Sometimes you just need a little "encouragement"

Oh and I have all of this on film
Yep! No denying that we kept getting better! We just need more "seat time"
Old 05-20-2014, 11:52 AM   #107
woodside783
Casey Woodside

Drives: a very fun car
i like to see the look on his face hahaha