Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Nav, Radar, Electronics

AWE Tuning

Old 01-06-2017, 05:44 PM   #29
libertyforall

Drives: '01 Camaro SS 'Vert; '02 Camaro RS
Here is a wireless CarPlay option from Alpine for a Camaro or any car:

http://www.macrumors.com/2017/01/05/...eless-carplay/
Old 01-12-2017, 06:18 PM   #30
Brewmaster

Drives: 2017 2SS 50th Anniversary
I am having a very specific, consistent issue with CarPlay. I have found that CarPlay in general is a bit finicky- I have been using it with an aftermarket pioneer in my old car for over a year. However, in my Camaro- most of my pandora stations, and Spotify artists, albums,etc are missing. For example, I have maybe 30- 40 pandora stations, but my car only lists ones that start with a or b. Nothing more. Today, the last station I could pick was bonjovi. Spotify does the same thing. I can see and choose all of them if I grab the phone and do it there. Anyone else see this? It makes it pretty unusable for me.
Brewmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 05:38 PM   #31
andrisek

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Same issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewmaster View Post
I am having a very specific, consistent issue with CarPlay. I have found that CarPlay in general is a bit finicky- I have been using it with an aftermarket pioneer in my old car for over a year. However, in my Camaro- most of my pandora stations, and Spotify artists, albums,etc are missing. For example, I have maybe 30- 40 pandora stations, but my car only lists ones that start with a or b. Nothing more. Today, the last station I could pick was bonjovi. Spotify does the same thing. I can see and choose all of them if I grab the phone and do it there. Anyone else see this? It makes it pretty unusable for me.
I have the same issue. My Albums on Spotify don't always show up. Sometimes they all show up. Very frustrating. If I navigate Spotify from the phone itself, it always works. I wish somebody could pin down what is causing this so we can fix it! iPhone 6s
andrisek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 07:49 AM   #32
MAGAUSA

Drives: 2017 Hyper Blue 1LE
Apple CarPlay and Apple in general just truly sucks. I probably connect 60% of the time Bluetooth about the same. I close everything out I restart I do a hard reboot I do everything and when I plug it back in it opens up my Pandora and starts playing the chemical Brothers station on my phone. Still no car play. Apple used to have the reputation for just working and now it's just a pile of crap. Yet I continue to pay them their insane amounts of money for their phones that don't last very long. Rant over.
MAGAUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 09:27 AM   #33
SuperSound

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrisek View Post
I have the same issue. My Albums on Spotify don't always show up. Sometimes they all show up. Very frustrating. If I navigate Spotify from the phone itself, it always works. I wish somebody could pin down what is causing this so we can fix it! iPhone 6s
Stop the car and put in Park (A8) or put the Parking Brake on (M6). Bet they all show up then.

Apple CarPlay and Android Auto both have a limit of how much swiping through lists you can do when driving. You are supposed to use voice commands, not really touch the interface a lot.

"Voices in your head are not considered insider information."

3800 Status - 6/16/16 (Built!)
6000 status - 6/29/16 (Delivered!)
SuperSound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 06:27 AM   #34
Brewmaster

For me- it still doesn't work in park, pandora shows Top 10, Spotify top 13. If I delete something starts with A, the next channel appears in the list. Too bad all of my favorite artists dont start with a or b. Works fine on my aftermarket pioneer
Old 03-17-2017, 12:10 PM   #35
PnCRedJwl2SS
Howdy! Pete here...

Drives: 2017 50th Anniv 2SS, A8, NPP, MRC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohji-san View Post
I found that when I connect to OnStar wifi I have problems using CarPlay. It disconnects randomly or the handsfree connection via my Apple 6 plus doesn't work. The radio doesn't mute when making a call or the phone audio can't be heard through the speakers. So, I just don't connect to OnStar wifi and will not renew my monthly data subscription.
Just cancelled my OnStar WiFi data plan for same reasons with my Android. Using my phone's unlimited data now and Android Auto has worked 100% of tbe time since. I suspect my work phone (iPhone 6 Plus) will connect just as consistently now. I may never find out though...IMO, the Android Auto experience is superior and I'm not very interested in using Car Play. I started off using that when I first got the car, but Apple maps just isn't good enough.

PnCRedJwl2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 02:21 PM   #36
SuperSound

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewmaster View Post
For me- it still doesn't work in park, pandora shows Top 10, Spotify top 13. If I delete something starts with A, the next channel appears in the list. Too bad all of my favorite artists dont start with a or b. Works fine on my aftermarket pioneer
I'll try to check mine again tonight and see if I can replicate with Pandora.

"Voices in your head are not considered insider information."

3800 Status - 6/16/16 (Built!)
6000 status - 6/29/16 (Delivered!)
SuperSound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 09:44 PM   #37
OMGPixies

Drives: 2SS
I couldn't believe this at first when reading people's suggestions to replace the cable, but after changing out my old cable, which would randomly disconnect Apple CarPlay, I have had almost no issues since. Having said that I still get the occasional disconnect, but it's a 90% improvement.
OMGPixies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 12:13 PM   #38
sonnydurden

Drives: ‘16 1SS & ‘19 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnydurden View Post
Wow. I have 6S and my Apple CarPlay works every time. Maybe it's the cable?
Now I joined the club.. my CarPlay started acting up on my last two road trips. It would work for about 30 mins and then it goes out! I have to keep unplugging and plugging back up. Frustrating!
sonnydurden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 10:27 PM   #39
Brewmaster

@supersound, you were right. With the latest iOS updates, and latest app updates - I now can consistently prove that the channels disappear as soon as I put the car in neutral or drive. Recently, pandora made an app change that now orders channels based on last use instead of just alpha. All of them stay if I go to reverse, but as soon as dropping into N - the screen shuffles and only the top 10 are there. If I go back up from D, they do not appear again until i get to Park. It's pretty obvious that it's intentional now.... My guess is this is Apple's fault- and GM is simply following CarPlay standards by providing drive mode information to the phone in order to tailor (neuter) the experience.
Old 04-12-2017, 10:30 AM   #40
slick3

Drives: Garnet Red - 20 ZLE
I am so sick of carplay I would say 2/3 times I plug my car in, it never cooperates. Especially if I plug it in after the car is started. Not to mention apple maps is not nearly as accurate as Google Maps.

I have a GS6 im going to update and plug in and see if the expierence is any better. I might just renew my on-star data and use the android phone. I will lose the phone call ability but at this point I could care less. I use the nav and the music far more.
slick3 is offline   Reply With Quote