Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Rockies / Midwest

Old 01-10-2010, 11:55 AM   #967
BlackSunsine

Drives: 1967 Custom Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue70SS View Post
Figured everyone would get a kick out of this....
Got stuck Sunday night pulling my car out from the garage! I was trying to avoid an ice pond from starting in front of my driveway, so shoveled out a nice 2" deep area in gutter to let melting snow by. Pulled car out later for a test drive and slowed down as to not bump my front nose on driveway, now front tires are perfectly chocked on both sides. Tried everything to get unstuck - ended pulling out ~ 4 feet with my sons rock crawler jeep and tow strap!
Haha, I apologize for laughing. I understand you problem.
My Cul-de-sac is still packed in in snow, and when I drive the Camaro to work, I still spin when starting in 4th! I have to take it real slow.
And, I have to ride the Bike down the sidewalk just to get out of my block.

Also, I made this vid a few years back, and what you do not see (unless you look real close) is my neighbor pushing me, I coul dnot get back in the Garage

1967 Chevrolet Camaro (1983)
2004 Harley Davidson Road King(2004)
Ex 2001 Chevrolet Tahoe (2007) (Totaled Labor Day)
2004 Chevrolet Tahoe (Thursday)

2010 Chevrolet Camaro SS(2009)

Colorado Fall - Beautiful - Cool - Snow is soon!!!
BlackSunsine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 12:04 PM   #968
Blue70SS

Drives: 10 LS3 2SSRS IOM,21 ZLE Wild Cherry
Quote:
Originally Posted by AG383 View Post
Yes, just the front lip. Don't like the rear diffuser, so-so on the side skirts. Your buddy Jarod set me up.
Can the front GMPP splitter be purchased separate or did Jarod just breakup a package? I'm doing NLP rear spoiler and was considering a front splitter from Revolution... but they're made of fiberglass. BTW, looks nice.
Squash twins,GT9,Coil Covers,Mats,Pedals/ADM Gauges,Race Scoop/Trunions
DDS CVs,Carbon F DS/RPM L6/LPE 9.5 3.73/Pedders HD bushes,align kit
RB 2-piece rotors,S/S Lines,Hawk HPE Pads/Forgeline SP3P/Weld RTS
Ceramic ARH 2" LT/3" X-pipe,Corsa Touring/BMR TA,Toe,LCA,DS Loop
StreetSlayer BC3/MTI Shifter-Trans mt/Hotchkis CB/Monster CC/SJM LineLock
PFADT Coil Overs,Sways,Links,Mounts,SF Bushes,Camber Kit

LPE Brotherhood
Blue70SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 12:18 PM   #969
Blue70SS

Drives: 10 LS3 2SSRS IOM,21 ZLE Wild Cherry
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSunsine View Post
Haha, I apologize for laughing. I understand you problem.
My Cul-de-sac is still packed in in snow, and when I drive the Camaro to work, I still spin when starting in 4th! I have to take it real slow.
And, I have to ride the Bike down the sidewalk just to get out of my block.

Also, I made this vid a few years back, and what you do not see (unless you look real close) is my neighbor pushing me, I coul dnot get back in the Garage

Nice car - especially like the headlight doors setup. My older brother had a purple one like that.... believe it was the rally sport setup? Drove my '70 in the snow years ago and handling was close to a snowboard..... great donuts though.
Squash twins,GT9,Coil Covers,Mats,Pedals/ADM Gauges,Race Scoop/Trunions
DDS CVs,Carbon F DS/RPM L6/LPE 9.5 3.73/Pedders HD bushes,align kit
RB 2-piece rotors,S/S Lines,Hawk HPE Pads/Forgeline SP3P/Weld RTS
Ceramic ARH 2" LT/3" X-pipe,Corsa Touring/BMR TA,Toe,LCA,DS Loop
StreetSlayer BC3/MTI Shifter-Trans mt/Hotchkis CB/Monster CC/SJM LineLock
PFADT Coil Overs,Sways,Links,Mounts,SF Bushes,Camber Kit

LPE Brotherhood
Blue70SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 12:19 PM   #970
AG454
I am not "Fast & Furious"

Drives: 2010 Camaro LSX454 1LE
Found the front splitter in the for sale section here on Camaro 5, Garth. Jarod did the paint and install.
Don't wait up 'cause I'll be late, I'll be late
AG454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 08:25 PM   #971
BlackSunsine

Drives: 1967 Custom Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue70SS View Post
Nice car - especially like the headlight doors setup. My older brother had a purple one like that.... believe it was the rally sport setup? Drove my '70 in the snow years ago and handling was close to a snowboard..... great donuts though.
Thanks.
The RS grill is what I like best about it. No, it is not a true RS, but since it is a custom rebuild....

And I can actually ride my Snowboard far better then the 67 in the snow!!

1967 Chevrolet Camaro (1983)
2004 Harley Davidson Road King(2004)
Ex 2001 Chevrolet Tahoe (2007) (Totaled Labor Day)
2004 Chevrolet Tahoe (Thursday)

2010 Chevrolet Camaro SS(2009)

Colorado Fall - Beautiful - Cool - Snow is soon!!!
BlackSunsine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 12:05 PM   #972
Icntdrv55
CCOTR Member

Drives: Victory Red 2010 2SS/RS A6
Hey there FWY FLYR, did you do your ABL install last week? If so, how did it come out and whcih one did you do? If anyone has any questions or needs help on this, let me know as I already did it. I used the EL wire install. Also, If you are planning on doing the ABL mod, I have several of the connectors you will need to connect to the empty exisiting ABL connector on the car.
FYI......the SUMMER tires SUCK in the cold weather. I drove up to Thornton and then into work this morning and I thought I had 1000 hp I was spinning the tires soo much!
2010 Camaro SS/RS Victory Red A6- Vararam Intake, Doug Thorley Tri Y LTs, Magnaflow X-pipe, Flowmaster Super 40's, VMS Tune, Razzi Ground Effects, Herritage Grill, RED headlight and fog light Halos, LED DRLs, Dash and extended Door ABL, engine, grill and rear defusser LED lighting ........ 12.59@112.21 (DA Corrected)
Icntdrv55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 05:41 PM   #973
RockyMtnCamaro

Drives: 2007 Avalanche, 2010 IOM SS/RS M6
I thought you did have 1000 HP?
Old 01-11-2010, 06:40 PM   #974
tom692010
Account Suspended

Drives: 4 wheels
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icntdrv55 View Post
Hey there FWY FLYR, did you do your ABL install last week? If so, how did it come out and whcih one did you do? If anyone has any questions or needs help on this, let me know as I already did it. I used the EL wire install. Also, If you are planning on doing the ABL mod, I have several of the connectors you will need to connect to the empty exisiting ABL connector on the car.
FYI......the SUMMER tires SUCK in the cold weather. I drove up to Thornton and then into work this morning and I thought I had 1000 hp I was spinning the tires soo much!
Must be the red car trying to hide I'm on the road everyday @ 5:20 and really haven't had any issues. Just getting out of my neighborhood. It's snow packed still. But I forgot you have a super charger in that now.
tom692010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 07:18 PM   #975
FwyFlyer

Drives: 2010 SS/RS
Digikey so far

Quote:
I got the Digikey installed this weekend. I'm still waiting on the ELwire. how long did yours take to get here? I have some more sanding to do, luckily I have some IOM touch up paint from when I had the stripes done .
Let's just say it doesn't look OEM yet!!
FwyFlyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 08:13 PM   #976
Icntdrv55
CCOTR Member

It took a little while for my EL wire to get here. The sanding part is a BITCH! Just make sure you tape it off good before you start to sand. At least you can use your OEM paint as a touch up. I got a very tiny scratch in mine and I cant fine any paint to match it yet! Still looking! After you are done saning the paint off, get a plastic polish (like something they use on plastic headlight covers) to give it a good final poilishing. I did that on the small piece and it looks good. Still have to do it on the big piece.

Did you get your Vararam last weekend? If so, did you get it installed? Fill us in!

Tom, do you keep your summer tires on most of the time? Boy are they slick when its cold outside!
Since you used the digikey, did you put a light source on both sides of the big piece? Thats the way I was going to do it so the light looks even throughout!
What color light are you going with?
2010 Camaro SS/RS Victory Red A6- Vararam Intake, Doug Thorley Tri Y LTs, Magnaflow X-pipe, Flowmaster Super 40's, VMS Tune, Razzi Ground Effects, Herritage Grill, RED headlight and fog light Halos, LED DRLs, Dash and extended Door ABL, engine, grill and rear defusser LED lighting ........ 12.59@112.21 (DA Corrected)
Old 01-12-2010, 09:59 AM   #977
FwyFlyer

Drives: 2010 SS/RS
Quote:
It took a little while for my EL wire to get here. The sanding part is a BITCH! Just make sure you tape it off good before you start to sand. At least you can use your OEM paint as a touch up. I got a very tiny scratch in mine and I cant fine any paint to match it yet! Still looking! After you are done saning the paint off, get a plastic polish (like something they use on plastic headlight covers) to give it a good final poilishing. I did that on the small piece and it looks good. Still have to do it on the big piece.

Did you get your Vararam last weekend? If so, did you get it installed? Fill us in!

Tom, do you keep your summer tires on most of the time? Boy are they slick when its cold outside!
Since you used the digikey, did you put a light source on both sides of the big piece? Thats the way I was going to do it so the light looks even throughout!
What color light are you going with?
You got that right! The sanding is a tedious bitch. It takes forever but seems you can mess up real fast. Just when I think it's looking good and put it up to the light and see how jagged it is........ makes me think I'll never get it right. I'm to the point with it now that I'm ready to mask off straight lines and use touch up paint to make it right.
I think the ELwire is going to be the way to go though. Being able to put the tube on the backside of the trim and not having to point the Digikey reflector in the precise angle to get the most light. It's all good though...... I just hope the end result will be worth it.
I got the Vararam intake on Friday (I was #40) but haven't installed it yet. I haven't even started my Camaro in a month. I want to be able to see/feel the difference from stock. Plus I want to break it in more and do the first oil change before too. Now I'm hearing that it's supposed to snow again this week....... :( My street is still iced over from last time . Well, maybe I'll do the footwells next
FwyFlyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 11:55 AM   #978
tom692010
Account Suspended

What is this digikey?
As far as tires,when snow if forcast I put on my studded 18"s. If not I have the summers on. Seriously this morning it was 10F at 5:20 and there were no issues. Maybe it's the roads your on. Once out of my nieghborhood I'm on highway which is well traveled.
Old 01-12-2010, 12:42 PM   #979
Icntdrv55
CCOTR Member

HAHA I have my car here at work today. I would be more then happy to put that Vararam on it and give it a test run for you!!
As for the sanding, I finally got some blue paint tape and taped off a straight line then put duct tape on top of the blue tape (Blue tape wont stick and you cant sand through the duct tape) and VERY CAREFULLY used my power sander with about 600 grit paper. I still have some touching up to do but I think its from where I gluded the tube down not the sanding. We'll see.
Tom, the digikey is how GM does the ABL. They use a light tube you attach to the trim piece, and then you attach a GM bought light source to the tube to get the AGL affect on your dash.
Old 01-12-2010, 01:32 PM   #980
tom692010
Account Suspended

oh so your installing that

Tags
2012 callaway, 45th anniversary, colorado camaro