Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Jason 98 TA
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 07-19-2013, 07:54 AM   #1
4fbodys

Drives: 3 3rd gens 1 4th gen
Need some feed back

Was under my z yesterday finishing up some mods and found that my pass side diff bushing is split I'm thinking I want to replace it with an upgraded bushing cause you can't get it from gm you have to get the hole housing I'm looking for a bushing that will not transfer noise to bad cause I do a lot of driving and don't want to upset the wife on the way to and from work.

Thanks
Old 07-19-2013, 09:36 AM   #2
DangerZL1

Drives: Future ZL1 Owner
This should be covered by warranty. Why not let the dealer replace t? Anytime you change to a stiffer bushing over the original one, you run the risk of more NVH.
DangerZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 12:20 PM   #3
ZL1-V

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by DangerZL1 View Post
This should be covered by warranty. Why not let the dealer replace t? Anytime you change to a stiffer bushing over the original one, you run the risk of more NVH.

It is a bit more noticeable but for me I choice performance over NVH standards. I love corner carving and it made such a difference the first time I tried to get the rear end to break loose. It is a trade off and if you are sensitive about your interior noise you may not want to do it. I say that after you mentioned "Wife"! No offense but most likely the Wife will hate it the first time she gets into it! I have been down that road when I was married. Been divorced for over a decade. Some wives and retaining the ability to customize your car the way you want are definitely "dream killers"! If the car is making YOU happy, she's not. Leave it stock and save yourself the headache.
ZL1-V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 09:07 PM   #4
4fbodys

Drives: 3 3rd gens 1 4th gen
Well my wife is awesome she has a 87 camaro with a 385 stroker in it and she is all for mods but this is our street car and I'd like to keep it a little quiet too I have over 20k on it in a year so I spend sometime in it so noise is a factor for us. I'm just looking for the best bushing for low noise I know that solid bushing are the loudest and some other poly bushings are quiet I just wanted some input on the best bushing for low noise transfer. Thanks
Old 07-19-2013, 09:51 PM   #5
tsnow

Drives: 12' ZL1, AGM 6M
how about a pic of the bushing?
tsnow is offline   Reply With Quote