Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 06-17-2011, 09:34 AM   #1
Swifty49

Drives: IOM Camaro 2SS/RS
Need opinions about black out vynil - Matte vs Satin vs Gloss

Hey guys,

Need some help with this... please see the picture to see what the car currently looks like.

I'm going to be changing out the following and will black out the front and rear at the same time:

-Heritage Grille
Front Chevy Emblem (IOM/Chrome)

-Havoc Rear Diffuser
Rear Chevy Emblem (IOM/Chrome)

So, here's the deal... the car came with the hood & hockey stripes in matte black. What I wanted to do was add the heritage grille and the havoc diffuser in gloss black, for a sleeker, shinier finish to contrast the bright orange paint. I was also going to black out the rear & front with gloss black and apply darker tint to the front & rear lights.

Now, my dilemma is this:
-Will it look odd with the matte stripes on the car?
If so, should I just do everything in matte black?

I personally think the gloss black looks WAY better than the cheap plastic look matte black gives on the grille & diffuser...
Attached Images

Swifty49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 09:40 AM   #2
Swifty49

Drives: IOM Camaro 2SS/RS
To give you guys an idea, this is what I have in mind:

[IMG]http://www.***********guide.com/images/featured/Orlando2s.jpg[/IMG]
Swifty49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 01:03 PM   #3
liquidsmoke
Two Miles An Hour

Drives: SIM 2LT RS
I'd do everything in Matt black based on your existing stripes.
There isn't big enough a difference for me to justify painting the diffuser and grill. They both look good just plane black and you don't have to worry about paint chips which will definately happen on both.

If your stuck on getting them painted cuz u think it looks cheap unpainted, I would get satin black stripes to match.

expect nothing, but take everything
liquidsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 11:03 AM   #4
StangKiller-SS

Drives: GM products
Definitely go with something that matches your stripes.
StangKiller-SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 11:21 AM   #5
PETRA
My Addiction

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS DropTop
Quote:
Originally Posted by liquidsmoke View Post
I'd do everything in Matt black based on your existing stripes....edit....If your stuck on getting them painted cuz u think it looks cheap unpainted, I would get satin black stripes to match.
+1 - unless you want to go for broke, and have your stripes painted on so they match the glossy look......
You sound like my wife...at first she was.........but after a few rides in it and seeing me giggle lik a schoolgirl she was more like ............but then when I told her we could get her Vert lowered to match my stance she was like so it all worked out.
PETRA is offline   Reply With Quote