Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 01-13-2008, 06:58 AM   #183
CamaroFever

Drives: Its in my sig "2002 Galant V6"
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroFever
Woooooooooooooowww, I must have this car its awsome, im even more in love with it. I always wanted to see the front shot, thanks
Old 01-13-2008, 09:36 AM   #184
Bullitt

Drives: Horse & Buggy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
...Because as it stands, they look worse than the Mustang's fake vents everywhere - which I didn't think was possible to do.
I just walked around my '08 Mustang GT three times and I can't find one single "fake vent". Where are these located?

BTW, the new Camaro is one bad ass looking car.
Bullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 09:40 AM   #185
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullitt View Post
I just walked around my '08 Mustang GT three times and I can't find one single "fake vent". Where are these located?
There's only one that's pretty bad on the newer stangs, that optional "hood scoop"...But I was reffering more to the previous gens - those side vents aren't exactly eye candy.
Old 01-13-2008, 10:07 AM   #186
Bullitt

Drives: Horse & Buggy
Quote:
...But I was reffering more to the previous gens - those side vents aren't exactly eye candy.
Gotcha. I just assumed that since this was a site for the new Camaro, you wouldn't be comparing it to a Mustang that was built 4 years ago or longer.
Bullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 11:50 AM   #187
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Naw...It has nothing to do w/ comparing cars. We are comparing vents....and we could have compared to any vehicle that has a non cut out vent. The only reason we brought up Mustangs was cause my wife had a 00 for a couple years and it had fake vents on the sides and hood scoop. Sure, vents add a little sumthin' sumthin' to the look of the car, but....for me, it's the little details that all add up. I LOVE the side vents, but I feel like they just have to be cut out. It's kind of like getting to eat a steak at your favorite steakhouse, but having a cold when you go and can't taste it. What's the point?

That's how I see it. I know what ya'll are talking about w/ more cost, etc. But, we really don't know for sure about all that, so... For now, ya'll know my hopes.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 01:37 PM   #188
Satriani

Drives: 4 cyl can
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
Buy aftermarket parts?
If am to replace Camaro guts, why botther buying the car at all. I meant small things like headlights, grill, rear view mirrors, rims and such, but to go to the extent converting 350hp car to a 550hp is beyond me. I mean, wouldn't that be major investment? Anyways, since the concept release, I've set my internal countdown clock and it is set in stone.
Satriani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 04:51 PM   #189
Twin Turbo

Drives: '05 Ford Mustang
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisenhower View Post
The concept looks like the Terminator-- very menacing, but- if that's what GM gives us guess I'll be drivin' that.... Whatever, just bring it on!

Still, it looks very close to the concept. Throw some paint on there and it'll be rockin'!

Damn, those two photos of the concepts look good. I think the white paintjob and the dull weather the day that photo was taken doesn't help it. The lights in the show all make the concepts angles stand out so much more.
Twin Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 08:21 AM   #190
vontivonti

Drives: 1969 Ford Mustang 428 CJ
Oh no!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
Attachment 3416

www.chevynation.com -- then click on Chevy Club house -- then click on the Silver Camaro -- then click on Camaro Spot.........

or www.gmblogs.com
This is NO GOOD! The Cool thing about the Camaro is his boldness. Simple Grill, simple Lights etc. This new front will destroy everything. I saw the New Camaro Concept in an Autoshow, this boldness makes the whole presence... Never, never change that!!!!
Attached Images

vontivonti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 11:59 AM   #191
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
^I don't mind either headlight design. They both look good to me. Good chop, though.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 01:55 PM   #192
daddyseth1

Drives: 94 Pontiac Firebird Formula
Quote:
hmmm. Maybe I shouldn't have said what I said about negative comments. Friggen' karma . But darn, you haters are passionate about...well...hating!?! You know that's not healthy for you, right? I'm betting that the majority of the reason you two h*te this car is because you are taking it for final production version...as you see it...in this flat white. BAD idea.

Well...then again, maybe you're not part of the 90% of people who love this car. Sorry.

Anyways, IF you don't like it; I for one don't want to hear it called garbage, or an "amateur-mobile"...because you are 120% wrong, no matter how you slice it. And it hurts my feelings, sort of.;p
I concur! There are so many other lame venues to which you can "egg-spress" you hatefulness. THIS AINT ONE OF THOSE PLACES!!!
daddyseth1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 02:02 PM   #193
AirGoya

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS
Those will NOT be production headlights. Im almost 100% positive.

AirGoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 02:34 PM   #194
Mr. Wyndham

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoya View Post
Those will NOT be production headlights. Im almost 100% positive.
So is Scott....
Old 01-14-2008, 03:38 PM   #195
sbg

Drives: Mustang
OK, I bashed the back end on the other forum, so I guess I'll do some on the front end...but not as much.

The back end with the backup lights and outset rear end are awful changes.

The front looks real close to the concept, though.

Here's my comments on the front:

1) Go back to the concept headlights. They should be single round lights.

2) I like the larger grill openings in the concept and I agree that it looks bolder with the larger openings. The smaller ones are OK, and will probably grow on me with time.

Good job GM for not mucking with anything else in the front and thank goodness they kept the round fog lights.

Overall, the front and side look great. I think the functionality of the vents is optional, since many original cars had non-functional features like this.
sbg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 05:32 PM   #196
Mr. Wyndham

Why is it not sinking in to people that those aren't the production headlights? Not just sbg...but a lot of people.!