Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 09-09-2013, 04:53 PM   #1
11BEE
11 BEE

Drives: 2011 LS2 RS & 2012 2SS RS 45th Vert
Wish all people would handle their mistakes this maturely

Not many people would be this mature after they royally mess up.

http://www.upworthy.com/what-this-gu...ing?g=2&c=ufb1

11Bee and I♥My45th
11BEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 10:53 PM   #2
2012-1822

Drives: Black ZL1
He's still no hero. I don't care how much he's trying to save is soul after the fact. But I do agree with him telling people not to drink and drive.

I spent 15 years in the service industry, the last 7 of it in an all night bar. I've seen a lot of people get arrested, several people kill someone else, and a few kill themselves due to drunk driving. I've been a major proponent of designated drivers and using cabs for a very long time. I wish people would wise up. If someone can't see the right and wrong of it, just explain to them the money of it. $20 cab ride or several thousand dollar DUI, it's pretty simple.

It's my buddy's last night in town tomorrow, so we're going out. I asked how much he was going to drink, he said a good amount. That decided it right there, we'll cab it downtown, get dinner, walk around to different bars, and cab it back home. It's the only way I'll do it.

There is no such thing as a drunk driving accident, taking that first drink and making the decision to drive is something that is done on purpose.
Old 09-10-2013, 12:03 AM   #3
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT
The time to be mature is BEFORE you drink and drive.

I've brought this up many times before on these boards...my girlfriend in high school was killed by a drunk driver who hit her bike, knocked her into a ditch where she spent hours dying because he drove off.

My compassion for drunk drivers is ZERO. Penalties should be far harsher for ANYONE that drives impaired. Your responsibility when driving is to pay attention, not drink, not text and not drive distracted. Killing someone when drunk driving isn't an accident...it's murder...and should be treated as such.

This guy is in prison, and that's why he's sorry. He wasn't sorry when he made the decision to drive drunk and murder someone.

Edit...I didn't realize he was not in prison yet...hopefully he will be in prison soon...for a long time.

Last edited by Steve Dallas; 09-11-2013 at 01:05 AM.
Steve Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 02:40 PM   #4
PHXLT1

Drives: black Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Dallas View Post
The time to be mature is BEFORE you drink and drive.

I've brought this up many times before on these boards...my girlfriend in high school was killed by a drunk driver who hit her bike, knocked her into a ditch where she spent hours dying because he drove off.

My compassion for drunk drivers is ZERO. Penalties should be far harsher for ANYONE that drives impaired. Your responsibility when driving is to pay attention, not drink, not text and not drive distracted. Killing someone when drunk driving isn't an accident...it's murder...and should be treated as such.

This guy is in prison, and that's why he's sorry. He wasn't sorry when he made the decision to drive drunk and murder someone.
That's horrible. Poor girl. Hope that murder was caught like this one is.
2015 Silverado (mine!)
54 Belair (wife's)
2004 silverado (daughters)
PHXLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 02:41 PM   #5
Silverlsinva

Drives: 2013 Fiat 500 Abarth Grigio
^^^^
Silverlsinva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 01:01 AM   #6
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT
And...he is now indicted for murder because of this confession.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/09/09/us/ohi...ion/?hpt=hp_c3
Old 09-11-2013, 04:57 AM   #7
AdamZ
Account Suspended

Drives: Eve - 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
This reminds me of last year when I caught my golf teammate lying about his score on a hole. I pulled him aside after the round and told him if he doesn't fess up and disqualify himself then I will have him disqualified. So after trying to lie to me he accepted responsibility and went and disqualified himself. Then like freaking 15 coaches and 20 players came up and shook his hand telling him how admiral he was

Omg to one of the coaches he said "Thanks, I just knew it was the right thing to do". I wanted to go Tiger Wood's Wife on his ass with my 9-iron
AdamZ is offline   Reply With Quote