Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 12-20-2013, 03:59 PM   #15
Truck Norris
Thread Mover

Drives: a Monte Carlo
If you think that's bad you should see the pics of where they park them outside the factory. Dozens and dozens of fresh ZL1 sitting frozen for weeks on end. It is Canada by the way.
Old 12-20-2013, 04:15 PM   #16
AzItaliaSS

Drives: 2010 2ss RJT LS3 GONE....
makes me cringe... BRRRR....

VARARAM, SWSP 1 7/8 LT'S,X-PIPE,CAT DELETE,DYNOMAX RACE BULLETTS, LSR SHORT SHIFTER ,CUSTOM BLACK EMBLEMS,MPD1 SPOILER, HP TUNE BY GEARHEAD GARAGE, INTERIOR ABL LIGHTING, CUSTOM STRIPING BY BEAVER STRIPES, EIBACHS
AzItaliaSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 04:21 PM   #17
United_727
Parts Guru Extraordinair.

Drives: '02 SS 'Vert M6
The worst part is when the sales/lot staff broom the snow off . That and spinning the tires to move it to plow.
Old 12-20-2013, 04:28 PM   #18
AzItaliaSS

Drives: 2010 2ss RJT LS3 GONE....
cringe again

Quote:
Originally Posted by United_727 View Post
The worst part is when the sales/lot staff broom the snow off . That and spinning the tires to move it to plow.

Just made me cringe more, because I can actually visualize the lot detailer out there with a broom brushing it off!

VARARAM, SWSP 1 7/8 LT'S,X-PIPE,CAT DELETE,DYNOMAX RACE BULLETTS, LSR SHORT SHIFTER ,CUSTOM BLACK EMBLEMS,MPD1 SPOILER, HP TUNE BY GEARHEAD GARAGE, INTERIOR ABL LIGHTING, CUSTOM STRIPING BY BEAVER STRIPES, EIBACHS
AzItaliaSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 04:41 PM   #19
Truck Norris
Thread Mover

Drives: a Monte Carlo
Quote:
Originally Posted by United_727 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzItaliaSS View Post
Just made me cringe more, because I can actually visualize the lot detailer out there with a broom brushing it off!
They don't use regular brooms, they use a purpose built snow removal tool made out of foam like this.

Old 12-20-2013, 11:47 PM   #20
Todd in Vancouver

Drives: 2014 ZL1
Snowing like a bugger today here and I started my ZL and wiped it off and in track mode wet with my Blizzaks this car is awesome in the snow. Yes, OK it might be nice to leave it all locked up in heated storage but it's my DD. My '67 is in the garage being redone so the ZL is outside. Like stated it's not rare or the holy grail. If it's your baby and you have it locked away, hey fill your boots the rest of us are having a hoot driving ours all year round.

Attached Images

How hard can it be...
Check out my other build http://www.pro-touring.com/threads/9...ject-Obsession

Last edited by Todd in Vancouver; 12-21-2013 at 12:04 AM.
Todd in Vancouver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 06:54 PM   #21
JB12ZL1

Drives: victory red Camaro ZL1
I was told tires only crack when moved in the cold minus temps...I guess I'll find out next spring once the the cover comes off and I move the tires off the rubber mats.
JB12ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 07:08 PM   #22
oldfriend

Drives: Fiat 500 E
Quote:
Originally Posted by gen=5 View Post
you say 60k car like its just the run of the mill car,lol...but If you think about it 60k is just in the price range of any top of the line truck.. If it was 60k 15 -20yrs ago it would be locked up in a warm show room no matter what..
but I drove by a tuner shop once, with the letter L in the name and they had a couple new ZR1's ,ZO6's,a ZL1,and some others out side in one of the worst storms in a long time...they were all torn apart having engine work done with front clips off,hoods open part way..I almost had a cow,being it was cold nasty super hard flooding rain with hail around town and if i would of been able to take pictures i think a few customers would of been pissed..
We never know how are cars are treated when someone else has them,or before we purchased it...But its just a car...to others its like the kid they never had...
60K 15/20 years ago

That statement makes no sense .
That's more like what in today's dollars , 140k or even more !
oldfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 07:23 PM   #23
DrkPhx

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 / 2006 TB SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slapshot View Post
There's a few ZL1's sitting outside in Dearborn along with about 60 vettes. Stingrays, Z06 and Grand Sports. Most owners would probably shit if they saw them sitting in snow and ice.. Lol

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
No kidding. Those are the same guys who say "Car has never seen rain, snow or cloudy weather."
DrkPhx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 07:23 PM   #24
Bargeratt

Drives: ZL1, Rally Yellow
I will say this. Most dealers might not have large enough show rooms but sure the hell have big enough bays in other areas to store higher end models especially ones with tires like ours. Just like the 1LE. Our dealership has like 5 outside where it has been below freezing many of nights. And I love how people say a 60k car is not high end. Ask my son he could have 5k car and will treat it like it was a 500k car. To me high end is preference. I treat my ZL1 like it is part of the family. It is wiped down. Washed, rubbed talked to and sure the hell gets a smile every time is see it sitting in my warm garage
Bargeratt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 07:59 PM   #25
01pewterz28
#TeamBeckyD

Drives: 2017 HBM 2SS Convertible A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bargeratt View Post
I will say this. Most dealers might not have large enough show rooms but sure the hell have big enough bays in other areas to store higher end models especially ones with tires like ours. Just like the 1LE. Our dealership has like 5 outside where it has been below freezing many of nights. And I love how people say a 60k car is not high end. Ask my son he could have 5k car and will treat it like it was a 500k car. To me high end is preference. I treat my ZL1 like it is part of the family. It is wiped down. Washed, rubbed talked to and sure the hell gets a smile every time is see it sitting in my warm garage
Not saying $60k is not a lot but a $60k ZL1 is no more special than my $60k Suburban both are loaded vehicles and both sit outside on dealership lots in both good and bad weather. And yes I treat ALL of my cars like they are a Million Bucks.

Last edited by 01pewterz28; 12-30-2013 at 04:45 AM.
01pewterz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 09:41 PM   #26
onewaydave
Innocent Bystander

Drives: 2013 ZL1 BRM/2002 35th SS/2009 GMC
Quote:
Originally Posted by JB12ZL1 View Post
I was told tires only crack when moved in the cold minus temps...I guess I'll find out next spring once the the cover comes off and I move the tires off the rubber mats.
As per the PSB #2011-10; Tire storage it is recommended for the tires to be stored indoors at temps above 20*F and tires warmed to 40*F before driving!
If subjected to 20*F or less, let them warm up in a heated space to at least 40*F for 24 hours or more before installation/driving.

Living on the RaGgEd EdGe!
onewaydave is offline   Reply With Quote