Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Old 06-25-2010, 04:52 AM   #1
getarz4u15ster

Drives: Camaro RJT 2SS/RS
Stabilitrack System GONE NUTTY...

Hey Guys, So i was at a car show the other day and happened to mention a fluke thing that happens every once and a while (now more frequently) to the guy who tuned my mods in. Here's the issue, when i start the car sometimes randomly, it doesn't really matter whether it's a cold start or not, It will Throw all the Stablity lights on I.E Compmode,TC off, and the other one... forget what it is. It will say statbilitrac on the "DIC" and flash the CEL. It's done this twice now. So my Tuner said he was a on a tuner forum just the other week and there was a huge influx of people saying the SAME thing but no one knows where it's comming from... lights and everything go off as soon i start moving the car. Just curious if anyone else has had these types of symptoms before or not.
Manley Race Valves
Comp Chromoly push-rods
Ported T/B
DT Headers, JBA H/F Catted mid pipes
Magna Flow Comp series exhaust w/ Xpipe
Comp Custom grind Cam
Tune and Machine work done by MPC
CAI Intake
getarz4u15ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 07:52 AM   #2
DSteck
Account Suspended

Drives: 2006 Corvette Z06
Disconnect your battery for a while and see what happens. This happened on a car I tuned the other week after we got done on the dyno.

On Corvettes, once in a while everything will shut off (active handling and traction control) because the car recalibrates the systems, but it tells you that it is doing it instead of just failing everything out.

Next time it does it, immediately check to see if there's any codes.
DSteck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 05:12 PM   #3
2SSCAMARO

Drives: 2010 Camaro Auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSteck View Post
Disconnect your battery for a while and see what happens. This happened on a car I tuned the other week after we got done on the dyno.

On Corvettes, once in a while everything will shut off (active handling and traction control) because the car recalibrates the systems, but it tells you that it is doing it instead of just failing everything out.

Next time it does it, immediately check to see if there's any codes.
Ya, the rear wheels turning and the front wheels standing still messes with the TCM's head. Removing the negative cable for a few minutes will probably correct the problem.

Last edited by 2SSCAMARO; 06-26-2010 at 05:13 PM. Reason: typo
2SSCAMARO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 05:14 AM   #4
getarz4u15ster

Drives: Camaro RJT 2SS/RS
Yeah, I'll have to give that a shot. It hasn't done it since i posted this last week. Thanks guys.
Manley Race Valves
Comp Chromoly push-rods
Ported T/B
DT Headers, JBA H/F Catted mid pipes
Magna Flow Comp series exhaust w/ Xpipe
Comp Custom grind Cam
Tune and Machine work done by MPC
CAI Intake
getarz4u15ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 07:02 AM   #5
Merc
In The Circle

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS IOM M6
I kave yet to tune mine yet. But I was at the Peach City Beach Cruise, just this past weekend and the same thing happened to me. I think it was because I let the clutch out before I got the e brake fully off. Turned it off and staeted again and everything was fine. Quite a light show in the dash.
Merc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 12:21 PM   #6
RuffEL
Semper Fi! Do or DIE!

Drives: '10 camaro 1SS, '02 silverado 1500
It happened to me after a header install and one of my plug wires were loose...popped it in and poof, lights off
Old 06-29-2010, 08:55 AM   #7
2revbigbore

Drives: 2SS RJT camaro, vortech,684rwhp
i've had it happen and it says service stabiltac
can not launch car anymore using the launch feature ( tc off-- 4200 rpm then side step--- car now bogs instead of smashing you back in the seat) and the lights all flash???????
2revbigbore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 09:38 AM   #8
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by getarz4u15ster View Post
Hey Guys, So i was at a car show the other day and happened to mention a fluke thing that happens every once and a while (now more frequently) to the guy who tuned my mods in. Here's the issue, when i start the car sometimes randomly, it doesn't really matter whether it's a cold start or not, It will Throw all the Stablity lights on I.E Compmode,TC off, and the other one... forget what it is. It will say statbilitrac on the "DIC" and flash the CEL. It's done this twice now. So my Tuner said he was a on a tuner forum just the other week and there was a huge influx of people saying the SAME thing but no one knows where it's comming from... lights and everything go off as soon i start moving the car. Just curious if anyone else has had these types of symptoms before or not.
We have seen this several times with Customer or other shop installs of Headers, the installer does not get all the Plugs or Plug wires tight, this causes Engine Misfire code P0300 through P0308.

When this code sets it shuts the Stabliltrac system down as a safety measure.

Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 10:56 AM   #9
Cam 427

Drives: 2010 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
We have seen this several times with Customer or other shop installs of Headers, the installer does not get all the Plugs or Plug wires tight, this causes Engine Misfire code P0300 through P0308.

When this code sets it shuts the Stabliltrac system down as a safety measure.

Ted.
I get these messages occasionally. I'll clear them and they won't come back the rest of the drive. But, double check the wires.
Cam 427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 11:37 PM   #10
Capthowdy

Drives: 2010 2SS RS IOM
Send a message via Yahoo to Capthowdy
Yea the toyota cars do the same thing. when the CEL comes on it shuts down the ABS and TRAC control. the dash lights up like a tree and customers panic....
Capthowdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 06:39 PM   #11
Spiffyguitar

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
I've had this happen after a burnout at the track, and when on the dyno.