Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 03-12-2019, 12:35 PM   #155
Bretts
SS

Drives: 2015 2ss rs
just read this ,Wow a solution via GM! called in but probably not covered under warranty (I still have extended warrant) even though i have service records showing the complaint while under limited warranty, waiting on the call back....
CCW sp16a track set, BTR stage 3 cam and kooks longtubes with high flow catsLocks@7.5 degrees castor and radius arm inserts, Ride Tech 2coilovers JDP upper control arm bushings BMR lower knuckle bushing Bo White throttle body3.91 gears Spohn del-sphere toe link and trailing arms Prothane subframe bushings
Bretts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 04:32 PM   #156
Bretts
SS

not covered under my power train but, asking GM if the note on file about the issue at 9000 is good for it...
CCW sp16a track set, BTR stage 3 cam and kooks longtubes with high flow catsLocks@7.5 degrees castor and radius arm inserts, Ride Tech 2coilovers JDP upper control arm bushings BMR lower knuckle bushing Bo White throttle body3.91 gears Spohn del-sphere toe link and trailing arms Prothane subframe bushings
Old 03-21-2019, 04:44 PM   #157
lionssfan

Drives: 2010 2ss camaro
if they say no. press them they have to honor it. because the problem was under warrenty. they know anyways they have issues with it anyway. hold your ground. some dealers will say know until you challenge them.
TVS2300, BTR cam PD stage 3, ID1050 injectors, CHE bronze trunnions, 7.400" pushrods,.660" lift platinum springs, Titanium ret, Zl1 fuel pump, Kooks LT headers, High flow cats, Roto Fab CAI, Corsa exh., Mellings oil pump, HD chain, ls2 damper, all synthetic, BMR control arms, zl1 toe link, BMR cradle mounts, W/bottle relocation, air scoop deflector, Hennessy wheels, two piece rotor, morimoto fogs, DRL harness, coilovers, Heads up install, mgw shifter, slps splitter, slp spoiler, zl1 side skirts, painted strips, debadged, tinted, 2018 emblems.

Edit Signature
lionssfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 09:33 PM   #158
Bretts
SS

will do , they got notes on file ! as long as they don't try the tune card , thanks
Old 03-22-2019, 09:32 PM   #159
Bretts
SS

its under review , after reminding her again, we now also have a 2017ile from them and also that the forum said push for it so i did..., smarter decisions hopefully from GM uppers
Old 03-23-2019, 08:14 AM   #160
olblue75

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
So what was a 500 dollar part is now approximately 150'ish....
1LE Front sway bar, Splitter, shocks and struts, Z28 dual mode mufflers, Intake, UCA Bushings, and Toresen 3.91 Diff. 1 piece DSS Drive Shaft, ZL1/C7 Calipers, and 32mm JPSS Rear Bar. ASC race spec splitter and wicker. 6th Gen M017 Wheels. Stainless Works 1 7/8 LTs. DSE and PAFDT Suspension components.
olblue75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 07:23 PM   #161
Bretts
SS

nice to know or there's the spring install that was 30.00 and a drill
Old 08-12-2019, 07:02 AM   #162
Kraken

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
This just happened to me yesterday on my 2010 camaro ss. Doing a test launch and my clutch pedal stuck to the floor.. I had to press it a couple times for it to release. I could smell my clutch afterwards. The car is shifting fine and the pedal seems to be ok. After seeing this thread... I think I need to dig into this. What do you guys/gals suggest?
Kraken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 08:53 AM   #163
olblue75

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
GM Parts Direct 140 bucks. Wonder how this will work with a new Monster LT-1 clutch
1LE Front sway bar, Splitter, shocks and struts, Z28 dual mode mufflers, Intake, UCA Bushings, and Toresen 3.91 Diff. 1 piece DSS Drive Shaft, ZL1/C7 Calipers, and 32mm JPSS Rear Bar. ASC race spec splitter and wicker. 6th Gen M017 Wheels. Stainless Works 1 7/8 LTs. DSE and PAFDT Suspension components.
olblue75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 10:16 AM   #164
608RS

Drives: 2015 2ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraken View Post
This just happened to me yesterday on my 2010 camaro ss. Doing a test launch and my clutch pedal stuck to the floor.. I had to press it a couple times for it to release. I could smell my clutch afterwards. The car is shifting fine and the pedal seems to be ok. After seeing this thread... I think I need to dig into this. What do you guys/gals suggest?
as someone who has gone through literally every possible fix to resolve this pedal issue (clutch pedal TSB, buy secondary clutch reservoir, etc) save yourself the time & headache and buy the Tick Performance replacement clutch master cylinder. that was the final fix for me. i'd still recommend adding a secondary clutch reservoir in time though.

i'd also check the color of your brake fluid, it's probably toast. a brake fluid flush is probably in your near future (since it's also shared with the clutch hydraulics)

2015 Camaro 2ss, NicKey Performance built/tuned
608RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2022, 09:45 AM   #165
15SLVSS

Drives: 2015 SS LE/1
Guys,
I’m very late to the party on this one so please bare with me. I’ve had my car for about 3 years and never tried to do a burn out just because I didn’t want to waste the tires. I went to a drag and drive last weekend and tried to do one. When I tried to do it I dumped the clutch and the clutch pedal started moving up and down on its own. At the car did nothing, is that what this recall is about. I bought the car in 18 so I’m not sure if this correction has been completed or not.
Thanks for your help
15SLVSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2022, 07:46 AM   #166
camguynj

Drives: '13 SS/RS LS3 BRM Cammed NPP
There is NO recall on this, only a TSB and TSBs are only required to be covered during the warranty period.
You can take it to a dealer but you will most likely have to pay for it.

Another highly possible cause for the problem could be dirty clutch fluid. The clutch fluid comes from the same reservoir as the brake fluid. Search the forum and you’ll find plenty of info on this and how to take care of it.
camguynj is offline   Reply With Quote