Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Road Course/Track and Autocross

Old 11-11-2022, 05:11 PM   #1
Z/28Dan

Drives: 2013 HWSE Indy Festial #26
Anyone use this roll cage/bar?

I'm looking at roll bar options for 2023. The speeds are getting faster and safety has to be my next upgrade. I was looking at this company out in San Diego after I spotted this roll bar in a Camaro last month in Daytona.

The price seems reasonable compared to others. I called them and they said 3 weeks to build it then ship it. I think it'll be around 1100.00 or so, shipped.

Just curious if anyone else has experience with this company.

Thanks.

https://autopowerindustries.com/roll-bars---cages.html

Dan
Z/28Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2022, 11:51 AM   #2
Coz3z3

Drives: 2015 Z/28, 2015 1LE
I did the RPM Rollbar. It is a nice piece. But it definitely needs to be updated. The website says 10-15 camaros. There needs to be an update for 14-15 camaros though. Or at least 12-15. There were some differences for sure in some of the pieces. I had to modify some things to get it to fit correctly. Just a heads up on them. If I were to do it again, I would ask any one of the companies what pieces need to be modified or do they include pieces for the differences in years. It seems to me that RPM created this roll bar back in 2010 and then said, ok they are all the same now until 2016. Without ever really doing an update or checking the newer years to see if anything changed. Even their instructions didn't have a notation for newer camaros or any sort of warning. Or, for the money of a chromoly one, I would look at getting one custom built.

Oh and also ask them how it fits with the Recaros if you are still using them. The RPM fits for sure, but it is definitely tight in there. I think they could have had it bend a little differently to accommodate some extra space back there.
Coz3z3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2022, 07:18 AM   #3
Z/28Dan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coz3z3 View Post
I did the RPM Rollbar. It is a nice piece. But it definitely needs to be updated. The website says 10-15 camaros. There needs to be an update for 14-15 camaros though. Or at least 12-15. There were some differences for sure in some of the pieces. I had to modify some things to get it to fit correctly. Just a heads up on them. If I were to do it again, I would ask any one of the companies what pieces need to be modified or do they include pieces for the differences in years. It seems to me that RPM created this roll bar back in 2010 and then said, ok they are all the same now until 2016. Without ever really doing an update or checking the newer years to see if anything changed. Even their instructions didn't have a notation for newer camaros or any sort of warning. Or, for the money of a chromoly one, I would look at getting one custom built.

Oh and also ask them how it fits with the Recaros if you are still using them. The RPM fits for sure, but it is definitely tight in there. I think they could have had it bend a little differently to accommodate some extra space back there.
Excellent points to consider! I didn't realize there were going to be differences in the 14-15's, so I will definitely being asking those questions. Thanks!

Dan
Old 11-21-2022, 11:24 AM   #4
Coz3z3

Drives: 2015 Z/28, 2015 1LE
Yeah, of course. And just to clarify, the roll bar itself was correct. It was tight to get in. But there were some mounting plates included that sit under the floor panels and under the roll bar to secure it evenly. They did not fit. And then on the passenger side, I remember there were some lines that were in the way of the mounting plate. I'll see if I can take some pictures to post up.
Coz3z3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2022, 07:05 PM   #5
Z/28Dan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coz3z3 View Post
Yeah, of course. And just to clarify, the roll bar itself was correct. It was tight to get in. But there were some mounting plates included that sit under the floor panels and under the roll bar to secure it evenly. They did not fit. And then on the passenger side, I remember there were some lines that were in the way of the mounting plate. I'll see if I can take some pictures to post up.
Thank you!

Dan
Old 01-10-2023, 10:19 AM   #6
Z28-2015

Drives: CAMARO Z28, PORSCHE 911
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z/28Dan View Post
I'm looking at roll bar options for 2023. The speeds are getting faster and safety has to be my next upgrade. I was looking at this company out in San Diego after I spotted this roll bar in a Camaro last month in Daytona.

The price seems reasonable compared to others. I called them and they said 3 weeks to build it then ship it. I think it'll be around 1100.00 or so, shipped.

Just curious if anyone else has experience with this company.

Thanks.

https://autopowerindustries.com/roll-bars---cages.html
Looks like a really good variety of options. I was looking into the same thing for my car.
Z28-2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2023, 08:58 AM   #7
Sbutcher2
Blue Ray

Drives: Camaro 2SS 1LE, Blue Ray
There is a harness bar for BK that is an easy install and it seems to be reasonably priced. The 4 point design looks good and it has been tested for the Camaro. I was wondering if anyone has it installed and your comments ?
Sbutcher2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2023, 12:49 PM   #8
olblue75

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
I have the BK harness bar in my 2010 and it’s a very nice piece but makes the back seat useless for people or dropping the rear seat down.
1LE Front sway bar, Splitter, shocks and struts, Z28 dual mode mufflers, Intake, UCA Bushings, and Toresen 3.91 Diff. 1 piece DSS Drive Shaft, ZL1/C7 Calipers, and 32mm JPSS Rear Bar. ASC race spec splitter and wicker. 6th Gen M017 Wheels. Stainless Works 1 7/8 LTs. DSE and PAFDT Suspension components.
olblue75 is offline   Reply With Quote