Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / PA

Old 03-07-2017, 07:08 AM   #8065
The camaro show

Drives: 2015 camaro 2lt
The guy says he does a lot of gm work too
Cosmetic mods: SS hood with painted vent, SS bumper, acs 1le front lip black, big worm gfx tinted all lights, solar wing v2, Camaro seat belt pads and oracle color shift halos and fog light halos and rear colorshift bow tie, carbon creations carbon fiber stingray z spoiler
Wheels: lexani r-3 bg finish 19x8.5
Performance: cold air inductions intake, mrt v1, jacfab ported intake manifold, intake manifold spacer, overkill tuned on E85.
The camaro show is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 11:49 AM   #8066
BreakingBad
MAGA

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS
I'm back!

Traded my 2012 Camaro 2LT/RS for a 2015 Charger SXT AWD (snow concerns)

Needless to say, I am now in a 2015 Camaro 2SS/RS! Hahaha. HATED the charger. The transmission sucks.

Got it for a decent price (obviously used), original owner didn't take very good care of it but factory warranty will fix most mechanical issues (have an appointment already) and I am in contact with a local guy Doug (Eye for Auto Detail) to see what it will run me to have him do a thorough detail and paint correction.

“Freedom is not defined by safety. Freedom is defined by the ability of citizens to live without government interference. Government cannot create a world without risks, nor would we really wish to live in such a fictional place. Only a totalitarian society would even claim absolute safety as a worthy ideal, because it would require total state control over its citizens’ lives. Liberty has meaning only if we still believe in it when terrible things happen and a false government security blanket beckons.” - Ron Paul
BreakingBad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 12:08 PM   #8067
The camaro show

Drives: 2015 camaro 2lt
if you dont mind me asking what did your ss run you im thinking of trading
Cosmetic mods: SS hood with painted vent, SS bumper, acs 1le front lip black, big worm gfx tinted all lights, solar wing v2, Camaro seat belt pads and oracle color shift halos and fog light halos and rear colorshift bow tie, carbon creations carbon fiber stingray z spoiler
Wheels: lexani r-3 bg finish 19x8.5
Performance: cold air inductions intake, mrt v1, jacfab ported intake manifold, intake manifold spacer, overkill tuned on E85.
The camaro show is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 02:23 PM   #8068
BreakingBad
MAGA

It's tough to say. Right now a 2015 SS with ~15k miles is valued at $25k, give or take $1k. Obviously trade vs private sale affect value, but I regularly see 2015 and 2016 low mileage SS's @ around $32-34k at different dealers around my area.
“Freedom is not defined by safety. Freedom is defined by the ability of citizens to live without government interference. Government cannot create a world without risks, nor would we really wish to live in such a fictional place. Only a totalitarian society would even claim absolute safety as a worthy ideal, because it would require total state control over its citizens’ lives. Liberty has meaning only if we still believe in it when terrible things happen and a false government security blanket beckons.” - Ron Paul
Old 05-05-2017, 04:52 AM   #8069
Swacer

Drives: 2018 GT350
Finally got the engine work done to the car. So new cam, heads, manifold, and gears. Dyno'd a little lower than I had hoped (460), but builder says my Stainless Works exhaust is to blame and has history to show it. So debating on the best full 3" exhaust to go with to get the other 40ish hp I'm missing. Corsa?

I've also considered cutouts, but would want a nice electrical setup.

I'm sorta attached to my Stainless works exhaust though because it sounds like pure sex though.
Old 05-05-2017, 08:07 AM   #8070
craigk777

Drives: 2013 Summit White 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swacer View Post
Finally got the engine work done to the car. So new cam, heads, manifold, and gears. Dyno'd a little lower than I had hoped (460), but builder says my Stainless Works exhaust is to blame and has history to show it. So debating on the best full 3" exhaust to go with to get the other 40ish hp I'm missing. Corsa?

I'm sorta attached to my Stainless works exhaust though because it sounds like pure sex though.
Where did you get dyno'd? Can't see why the stainless works would hold back the hp.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
craigk777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 08:27 AM   #8071
MS3DALE

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3/6M Litho#190
Quote:

As you know I have CORSA on my Camaro ,and truck as well, and swear by them, but no cat-back is going to get you 40 hp, CORSA says only around a 6 hp gain, heres the sport system for your car with ground effects......

http://corsaperformance.com/viewpart...=14954&cfg=950

'11 IOM 2SS/RS LS3/6M HURST - Roto-Fab CAI-Kook's LTs-CORSA-Black Bear tuned
Proud Litho owner #190 - Homecoming Litho #120
'15 SILVERADO Z71 1500 LTZ Crew Cab - 6.2 "Midnight Edition" -Airaid intake-CORSA
MS3DALE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 08:29 AM   #8072
MS3DALE

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3/6M Litho#190
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigk777 View Post
Where did you get dyno'd? Can't see why the stainless works would hold back the hp.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
Agreed, I can't see it holding it back all that much.

'11 IOM 2SS/RS LS3/6M HURST - Roto-Fab CAI-Kook's LTs-CORSA-Black Bear tuned
Proud Litho owner #190 - Homecoming Litho #120
'15 SILVERADO Z71 1500 LTZ Crew Cab - 6.2 "Midnight Edition" -Airaid intake-CORSA
MS3DALE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 02:26 PM   #8073
Swacer

What is more epic is the fact that since I bought the car, I've had a 2nd gear grind when the car was cold. After a few miles of 1->3 I would have enough heat to hit second. Due to a separate situation, my builder dropped the transmission and noted that the tranny was both low on fluid and also "misaligned". He put everything back together and topped it off with new fluid, guess who has no 2nd gear grind for the first time in 5 years?

I swear, this car was completely built like crap. While I certainly enjoy this car, I would sooner walk than ever buy another GM vehicle.
Old 06-01-2017, 05:34 PM   #8074
BreakingBad
MAGA

Quote:
What is more epic is the fact that since I bought the car, I've had a 2nd gear grind when the car was cold. After a few miles of 1->3 I would have enough heat to hit second. Due to a separate situation, my builder dropped the transmission and noted that the tranny was both low on fluid and also "misaligned". He put everything back together and topped it off with new fluid, guess who has no 2nd gear grind for the first time in 5 years?

I swear, this car was completely built like crap. While I certainly enjoy this car, I would sooner walk than ever buy another GM vehicle.
So who does make good cars these days? Everyone I know still says foreign.
Old 06-02-2017, 10:37 AM   #8075
Swacer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreakingBad View Post
So who does make good cars these days? Everyone I know still says foreign.
I miss my 1991 Honda Accord like no other. Sold it because PA salt finally took its course and ate the frame at 23 yrs old.

My wife has a current gen Lexus IS350, love that little car.

She had a tC, and that thing was a tank and so utterly reliable, right until a hillbilly with a truck couldn't drive and destroyed it.

I had a Mazda 3 hatch for a short time. It wasn't bad in regards to utility, that car could carry anything. But it was a rust bucket with a lot of corners cut.

I had a Lexus NX, it was a great little car. A little underpowered but good for what it was. I only traded it because it wasn't big enough for what we needed.

I have a 4Runner, love that car as well. Highest reliability and resale value in its class.

Honestly, unless its a diesel truck, I probably won't ever look outside of Honda or Toyota again. Heck, if I had the cash back when I bought the Camaro that I do now, I would have gotten a Lexus IS-F and never even crossed this bridge.

For the 5 years I've had the Camaro, I've never been able to come to terms with "GM ownership". People willing to accept inferior parts, components frequently breaking, fluids leaking for no reason, just in the name of having a GM product.

Even outside of my modding of the Camaro, I have had to check fluids and replace parts several times in the 11k miles on the car. Want to know how many times the hood has been up in the IS350 after 47k miles? ZERO. Want to know how many times the hood has been up in the 4Runner in 17k miles? ZERO. (Zero is excluding when it goes to the dealer for scheduled maintenance)

Last edited by Swacer; 06-02-2017 at 10:49 AM.
Swacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 07:27 PM   #8076
Swacer

Can someone recommend a paintless dent removal person in the area? Got a couple small dents I need to address.
Old 08-30-2017, 02:59 PM   #8077
s/c ss

Drives: 13 ZL1, 10 Silverado LTZ, Chopper
Quote:
Can someone recommend a paintless dent removal person in the area? Got a couple small dents I need to address.
Hey bud. Saw your post. I'm not sure where in Pgh you live but I took my vehicle to my dealer, Colussy Cheverolet to have mine done. They have a paintless dent removal guy that comes in every week to do some repairs. So, He did the repair on a Black vehicle of mine. ABSOLUTELY FLAWLESS WORK. So, check your dealer.
Old 01-26-2018, 09:33 AM   #8078
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Hey guys!

Anyone interested?

Pocono Track Day w/ Discount!
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=519375