Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-13-2009, 07:07 PM   #15
SimC33

Drives: 2001 Blk/Blk M6 Camaro SS #899
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAHURRY View Post
Man...I bet if you go back and change the title (take off the GD) you will
get more help on your problem.
+1

But I would take my car up there and file a claim
SimC33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 07:07 PM   #16
JewelZ
Just Lovin' My Camaro!

Drives: CGM 2LT/RS/AUTO
This is where road hazard would come in handy. I would straight up say I hit two pot holes at the same time on each tire! haha, I know it may sound scandalous but hey you paid for it and it has to come into use sometime. The car wash is not paying for your damages, USE AT YOUR OWN RISK! Hope you can figure out a good solution. My dealership gave me one year free car wash service through local car wash franchise, I decided to use it once and I will not return because they have those rubber washing brushes that do it automatically and that is just not cool. A laser wash would be acceptable and a towel dry.

NJHKKM $29,965.00 1EH37 1100 03/28/2009 AFF, B34, DCP, FE9, GBV, LLT, MX0, SGC, UQA, WRS, 2LT

50 YEARS FROM NOW, DON'T YOU WANNA BE ABLE TO LOOK BACK AND SAY YOU HAD THE GUTS TO GET INTO THE CAR!?!?

ORDER STATUS : 6000 as of 08.18.2009. VIN# 33,985!!! His name is 'GOLIATH'!!!

GOT MY CAR!!!! AND I LOVE IT!!!!
JewelZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 07:13 PM   #17
Rocky918

Drives: SS for Super Sexy!
i konw there are chrome touch up paints... how much woudl that cost? i really dont think buying new rims is an option for me right now .... :(
Old 09-13-2009, 07:18 PM   #18
ljustin293

Drives: 2010 VR CAMARO 2SS/RS
sorry bro..hope it all works out
ljustin293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 07:18 PM   #19
skuttduck

Drives: 2010 RJT 2LT Camaro
Send a message via ICQ to skuttduck Send a message via AIM to skuttduck Send a message via Yahoo to skuttduck
Maybe someone hit your car in the parking lot, and scratched the chrome off of your rims, and you didn't notice it until you got home?

Not that I advocate anything like that, but when someone hit my camry in the parking lot and tore my bumper off, my insurance paid for it.

Yeah I was pretty upset as I bought that car new in 2000 been awesome, and just put some time into installing fog lights, and black halo headlights and someone in a ford truck did that.
skuttduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 07:22 PM   #20
skuttduck

Drives: 2010 RJT 2LT Camaro
Send a message via ICQ to skuttduck Send a message via AIM to skuttduck Send a message via Yahoo to skuttduck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky918 View Post
i konw there are chrome touch up paints... how much woudl that cost? i really dont think buying new rims is an option for me right now .... :(
If it were me, I'd use some touch up primer on it first.

I know the feeling as I spent days scraping the corrosion off of my Camry wheels, using WD40 and steel wool. I then painted over the spots with clear coat.

It does look like you'll need primer though as deep as that goes.

I did a search and it looks like duplicolor makes a chrome enamel paint. So you could probably prime it, mask off the area and touch up the chrome with the paint.
skuttduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 07:23 PM   #21
PsyDoc

Drives: Soon-to-be 1st Gen
If the car wash does not have a sign that specifically states the maximum tire width, then you may be able to get some compensation. Most of the car washes have a tire width limit of 11.5" but some of the newer systems allow tires as wide as 13".
PsyDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 07:38 PM   #22
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 89 IROC 350
First, its not the width, its the profile that matters in this case. It looks to me like you fit into the track but the profile was too low and you scraped the track. Thats why it is the same on front and back. With enough profile, the track would have just rubbed the tire. I am betting you are screwed. I am still in awe that you'd even think about taking that sweet azz ride into a car wash Good luck man. thats going to be a tough fix.

You could always put the 20's on and sell those ugly wagon wheels! Sorry did I say that outloud? You did get your set of 20s too right? You know you are entitled to them, you paid for them.
IROCanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 07:42 PM   #23
Rocky918

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrhaus76 View Post
First, its not the width, its the profile that matters in this case. It looks to me like you fit into the track but the profile was too low and you scraped the track. Thats why it is the same on both sides. I am betting you are screwed. I am still in awe that you'd even think about taking that sweet azz ride into a car wash Good luck man. thats going to be a tough fix.

You could always put the 20's on and sell those ugly wagon wheels! Sorry did I say that outloud? You did get your set of 20s too right? You know you are entitled to them, you paid for them.
A. i tried to wash it myself by the hose was off... otheriwse id never take it to get washed
B. there are no hand car washes aroud here that i have ever seen
C. there was no track.... it was one of those ones where ur car stays still and the machine goes around you.. and its not the same on both sides.. its the same on the SAME side front and rear wheel
D. these rims are gorgeous and if you dont think so, your blind
Old 09-13-2009, 07:43 PM   #24
newagemuscle
Philippians 4:13

Drives: SLP Supercharged LS3
I worked for two different car washes back in the day when I was 17. I am now 34. This kind of stuff would happen all the time. The car wash should be fully insured. In fact, I recall one time a girl came through with her boyfriends new IROC-Z and was going to suprise him with a wash. Boy did she. As she took the car through the brush that spins to clean the rockers came off only leaving the metal rod it was attached to. Needless to say the whole car was scratched continuous all the way down the drivers side of the vehicle. We were responsible and had to pay for the car to be fixed. Contact the car wash and your insranse company and everything should be fine.
Old 09-13-2009, 07:47 PM   #25
Rocky918

Quote:
Originally Posted by newagemuscle View Post
Contact the car wash and your insranse company and everything should be fine.
but how am i supposed to prove that it was this car wash? they could easily say it wasnt them... then automatic machine didnt even give a receit
Old 09-13-2009, 07:48 PM   #26
Thrillz

Drives: 2019 Dodge Daytona R/T
Quote:
Originally Posted by skuttduck View Post
Maybe someone hit your car in the parking lot, and scratched the chrome off of your rims, and you didn't notice it until you got home?

Not that I advocate anything like that, but when someone hit my camry in the parking lot and tore my bumper off, my insurance paid for it.

Yeah I was pretty upset as I bought that car new in 2000 been awesome, and just put some time into installing fog lights, and black halo headlights and someone in a ford truck did that.
Dont even think of going in this direction rocky. Insurance fraud is serious business and if u get caught you spend time behind bars with a guy named Bubba with hairy back if u know what i mean and God forbid u drop your soap. Please constructive feedback people this idea is bad
Thrillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 07:50 PM   #27
Camarofan69
The Autoglass Guy

Drives: 1969 SS 396, 1969 SS , 2010 RS
ummm? if the car stays still how in the world could the car wash hit your wheels and not your mirrors or you qtrs? looks to me that someone curbed it and is trying to make themselve feel better.

think about it..... damage is on the right side (like when one would park there car along a curb)
Camarofan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 07:51 PM   #28
Camarofan69
The Autoglass Guy

Drives: 1969 SS 396, 1969 SS , 2010 RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrillz View Post
Dont even think of going in this direction rocky. Insurance fraud is serious business and if u get caught you spend time behind bars with a guy named Bubba with hairy back if u know what i mean and God forbid u drop your soap. Please constructive feedback people this idea is bad
how is that insurance fraud?
Camarofan69 is offline   Reply With Quote