Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics > Engine | Exhaust | Bolt-On | Drivetrain Modifications

Old 02-13-2012, 09:10 PM   #1
amizz10

Drives: Weapon X
custom tuning and programers

Hey i just ordered full american racing headers with high flow cats and x-pipe. im pretty new to the whole tuning thing so i could use some help. what programer should i use and what company has the best custom tunes for my setup?? help would be greatly appreciated
amizz10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 09:13 PM   #2
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
SCT from Ted Jannetty
Old 02-14-2012, 09:51 AM   #3
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Unless you're familiar with tuning, I'd be very careful. The potential to get into a lot of trouble is very high, and if you're getting an auto', it's even worse. I understand the new autos' to be very sensitive to shifting apply-times and you have to be well versed in the clutch engagement/disengagement timing.

HPTuners is another software suite that will give you a lot of power over self-tuning, but I would default to a good custom dyno' tune with a reputable tuner, like Stieger suggested. There are a lot around you, but I can't think of any Sponsors off the top of my head. Actually - like Stieger said - JRE is not far from you and I would trust him with my car.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 12:55 PM   #4
dragon22

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS SIM
On a side note here, I went into a shop here in Canada that deals exclusively with...rustangs...LOL.

My friend picked up a SCT tuner for his Shelby and I inquired about how much one would be for my car. The fellow said he would sell me the tuner, but there was no way he was going to try to write a tune for me. He said the tables in GM vehicles these days are way too complicated and he wasn't going to even try to get into them because it makes his head swim.

I didn't realize GM was that indepth.
dragon22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 08:55 PM   #5
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon22 View Post
On a side note here, I went into a shop here in Canada that deals exclusively with...rustangs...LOL.

My friend picked up a SCT tuner for his Shelby and I inquired about how much one would be for my car. The fellow said he would sell me the tuner, but there was no way he was going to try to write a tune for me. He said the tables in GM vehicles these days are way too complicated and he wasn't going to even try to get into them because it makes his head swim.

Piece of Cake for Me
and I do Fords too
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 11:23 AM   #6
Unobtainium
Fabricator

Drives: 2011 2SS Summit White
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon22 View Post

Go to Matthew at Tecmotion. He tuned mine. Really good guy. It's a mustang dyno, so numbers are lower than disneyjets. He tunes mostly Ford, but has HPTuners, and does the SRT8's also. He has a software degree, so he's kinda good with this stuff. He's also an avid racer. Tell him Chris sent you.
393whp L99
GPI VVT Turbo Cam-in
Unobtainium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 02:39 PM   #7
dragon22

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS SIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unobtainium View Post
Go to Matthew at Tecmotion. He tuned mine. Really good guy. It's a mustang dyno, so numbers are lower than disneyjets. He tunes mostly Ford, but has HPTuners, and does the SRT8's also. He has a software degree, so he's kinda good with this stuff. He's also an avid racer. Tell him Chris sent you.
I've actually been looking for someone with a mustang dyno so we can get some truer to life numbers! Thanks for the suggestion.
dragon22 is offline   Reply With Quote