Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 09-04-2010, 11:58 PM   #15
Dion_1969

Drives: ABM 2SS/RS LS3
Send a message via Yahoo to Dion_1969
Well I guess I'm making a call to Mike. That won't be good news if I do need them.

I have my dampeners set pretty stiff so the ride is a little harsh but the handling is much improved! I'll be drilling the holes in my trunk to attach the extensions provided with the kit. I want to be able to soften it up for daily driving. I'll post information about how the ride changes once I do this.
Old 09-05-2010, 12:00 AM   #16
Dion_1969

Quote:
Originally Posted by adub View Post
Curious if this turns out to be true. If you do actually receive a set, will you post some pictures up?

I'll add that BC sent me Camaro specific installation diagrams. I can scan them and upload them if OP doesn't mind. Don't want to change the direction of his thread.
I'd love to see them. The link posted above has a very nice write up as well I think it was post 4 or 5
Old 09-06-2010, 07:18 PM   #17
adub

Drives: Shopping
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penaw001 View Post
What is the ride quality like?
I like the ride quality, and with the adjustability, you really can tailor it to your liking, soft or firm.
adub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 07:22 PM   #18
adub

Drives: Shopping
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dion_1969 View Post
I'd love to see them. The link posted above has a very nice write up as well I think it was post 4 or 5
Camaro specific front instructions, shows reuse of OEM top mount, which has an integral bearing. No BC bearing.
Attached Images

adub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 08:06 PM   #19
Dion_1969

Quote:
Originally Posted by adub View Post
Camaro specific front instructions, shows reuse of OEM top mount, which has an integral bearing. No BC bearing.
Thats good to know! Thanks loads. I was really dreading the thought of having to redo the front shocks.

I cut the holes to access the rear dampeners today. I adjusted them to 12 all around (1 hardest 30 softest) today. This is pretty close to the OEM ride but it still has less body roll than OEM. I'll have to play some more but I'm really digging the ability to change the ride.
Old 09-06-2010, 08:09 PM   #20
Dion_1969

Quote:
What is the ride quality like?
It's nice. I had it set pretty firm to start. It was great in the curves but a bit harsh on potholed roads. See my post above. It's much better set a little softer. I may have to set it to it's softest setting tomorrow just for the fun of it.
Old 09-11-2010, 09:22 AM   #21
Penaw001

Drives: 2010 Cyber Grey 2SS
Nice, I use to have BC coilovers on my SRT-4 and loved them. I just didnt know if they would carry the same rep on the Camaro as they did on my Neon.

Edit: Also do you have alot of issues with clearance?
Penaw001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 08:43 PM   #22
Dion_1969

Quote:
Nice, I use to have BC coilovers on my SRT-4 and loved them. I just didnt know if they would carry the same rep on the Camaro as they did on my Neon.

Edit: Also do you have alot of issues with clearance?
I did a lot of research on BC racing and I found nothing but positive responses on BMW forums, Subaru forums, Mazda..... So I am pretty sure they will have the same with Camaro. There were always some haters who said they couldn't be as good as coil over brand X because they cost half the price. They never had any thing to back up their claims nor had they ever tried BC's.

I have had some clearance problems in terms of speed bumps and steep driveways but not with the suspension itself. I have taken the car over some brick roads that were so bad it was like doing whooptido's on a motocross course. Never had an issue although when I set the suspension to full soft I hit the bump stops if I went too fast.
Old 09-13-2010, 10:19 AM   #23
Penaw001

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dion_1969 View Post
I did a lot of research on BC racing and I found nothing but positive responses on BMW forums, Subaru forums, Mazda..... So I am pretty sure they will have the same with Camaro. There were always some haters who said they couldn't be as good as coil over brand X because they cost half the price. They never had any thing to back up their claims nor had they ever tried BC's.

I have had some clearance problems in terms of speed bumps and steep driveways but not with the suspension itself. I have taken the car over some brick roads that were so bad it was like doing whooptido's on a motocross course. Never had an issue although when I set the suspension to full soft I hit the bump stops if I went too fast.
That was kind of the same thing when I bought a set. People who had them loved them and the people that didnt just hated. One last thing what setting do you have them on now and how does it feel compared to OEM. I just want to make sure before I make a decision on what kind of suspension. I was thing of springs but if i can get coilovers for a little more then I would just get thoughs.
Old 09-16-2010, 05:42 AM   #24
Dion_1969

Quote:
That was kind of the same thing when I bought a set. People who had them loved them and the people that didnt just hated. One last thing what setting do you have them on now and how does it feel compared to OEM. I just want to make sure before I make a decision on what kind of suspension. I was thing of springs but if i can get coilovers for a little more then I would just get thoughs.
I've been playing with them for the last week or so. I currently have them set 10 clicks from the softest setting and that is nice for everyday driving. I still get some improved handling and I can go down the brick streets in town at a decent speed. They are really past due for repair! I think I need to fine tune it now by playing with some different setting front to back. I love just popping the hood and trunk and readjusting whenever I want. I'll get pics of the trunk holes this week.
Old 09-16-2010, 05:54 AM   #25
klatterblast

Drives: 2010 camaro 2ssrs blk.
it looks good but would look great without mud flaps, sorry not trying to be an ass but it just looks funny with em

Magnuson TVS2300,ported heads,cam,Hotchkis suspension. Weld 17”s, Mickey Thompson’s.
klatterblast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 06:26 AM   #26
Dion_1969

Quote:
Originally Posted by klatterblast View Post
it looks good but would look great without mud flaps, sorry not trying to be an ass but it just looks funny with em
Hey didn't you read the GM accessories brochure? Those are not mud flaps they are Quarter Flares. Seriously though I love how much they cut down on the amount of road grime kicked up on the side of my car. She is a daily driver so anything that helps keep her clean is a bonus and I don't mind the look. I would prefer to go with ground effects but I have not seen one that really does it for me. I may end up with a combo of some sort.
Old 12-05-2010, 01:49 PM   #27
Penaw001

Now that it has been a couple of months. What do you think of the coilovers now? Any difference in opinion good or bad?
Old 01-24-2011, 09:48 AM   #28
ddavis
boostalicious

Drives: Blown Ls3
Quote:
Now that it has been a couple of months. What do you think of the coilovers now? Any difference in opinion good or bad?
+1