Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Past Camaro Fests > 2012 Camaro5 Fest (III)

Old 08-06-2012, 11:48 AM   #15
BSX_Camaro
Unleash the Beast!

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
The car show was judged by the Central Indiana Camaro Club and the tent for registration was right next to the Chevy tent. It was announced a few times over the loud speakers. Registration was from 11:00 - 4:00. We actually took early and late registrations right up to the time we started to judge.

I fully understand how you guys feel though. We had to walk to EVERY car in the lot to see who was/wasn't in the show. We preferred to have a designated location, but that didn't happen.

Suggestion for next year. Put car show information in the goodie bags so that everyone gets the same information and location of registration.
Old 08-06-2012, 11:50 AM   #16
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
I think a lot of the communication stuff would be better if we had some signage... and if the programs had more up to date information on them.

We don't do signs mostly because we are at a different track each time and it's never known in advance so we spend the setup day trying to put events in the proper spot....

I don't want to use this as an excuse. but we all have full time jobs and this is our hobby as much as it is yours. We like moving the fest around each year... but it means we reinvent the wheel each time we go to a new track... so the spreading the word as to where things are isn't easy. We try and post the information up on the forum but that doesn't always help you navigate the track when you arrive.

bottom line, we thank you all for coming and helping us identify the areas we can improve.

I've said this a couple times now, but, maybe we need to consider settling into the same track or track(s)
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 11:57 AM   #17
Kyle.Gilmour
Charter Circle Member

Drives: 427 LSX- with TWINS
Location: Back in Michigan!! Do miss ATX and my Tejas friends
Send a message via AIM to Kyle.Gilmour
do we have any results yet?
Old 08-06-2012, 11:59 AM   #18
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Not yet. Probably won't know them until the gang gets back. I may have started these threads a little early.
Old 08-06-2012, 12:07 PM   #19
Heaven_is_inferno_orange
Savage Setsuna

Drives: 16' 2SS, 12 ZL1, RIP Sasuke
Send a message via MSN to Heaven_is_inferno_orange Send a message via Yahoo to Heaven_is_inferno_orange
My Sasuke got Al Oppenheiser's. The guy has been my hero for like ever.

Heaven_is_inferno_orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 12:26 PM   #20
grocerygetter
instigator

Drives: 2020 6.2 Trail Boss, 2022 XC90
Yeah...a few others I know asked about the show. Heck...I had a booth car and never got anything from the show other than a wristband from some dudes in a golfcart.
Old 08-06-2012, 01:09 PM   #21
wadew2lt
U.S. Army Veteran

Drives: 2LT/RS SGM M6 Polished 20's
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tysen View Post
I think the main problem with the show was there wasn't a designated, set aside time for it. AutoX and Drag Racing were going on at the same time. When I got back from AutoX, they told me the judging had already been done. Most of us didn't even know what time it was going on.

Old 08-06-2012, 01:24 PM   #22
MLL67RSSS
Account Suspended

Drives: car
Well we (CICC) posted the schedule that was on this site on our site July 8th and the car show was listed. The show details and classes were posted July 23rd HERE in the thread linked. So there was some advance notice. I believe it was also in the schedule listed in the C5Fest III booklet in your blue bag.
They did announce very early on Friday and later on the PA that car show registration was at the Chevrolet tent so I immediately went over and let Scott know that if anyone asked about car show registration we were doing it at our tent next door, Scott then relayed this to all the Chevrolet people there. He did say someone had asked but he didn't know what to tell him at the time.
In hindsight we should have had a "Car Show Registration" sign out front of our table, heck I think we may even have one somewhere DOHHH!!!! (Leftover from Indy08) For that I do apologize.

Last edited by MLL67RSSS; 08-06-2012 at 02:25 PM.
MLL67RSSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 01:27 PM   #23
MARINE1991

Drives: COTW 8/29/11 2010 CAMARO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heaven_is_inferno_orange View Post
My Sasuke got Al Oppenheiser's. The guy has been my hero for like ever.

Sweeeet. I got his last year.... starting to think he likes red......
MARINE1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 01:40 PM   #24
xtreme2s

Drives: Livernois Motorsports 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAHVIT View Post
I think a lot of the communication stuff would be better if we had some signage... and if the programs had more up to date information on them.

We don't do signs mostly because we are at a different track each time and it's never known in advance so we spend the setup day trying to put events in the proper spot....

I don't want to use this as an excuse. but we all have full time jobs and this is our hobby as much as it is yours. We like moving the fest around each year... but it means we reinvent the wheel each time we go to a new track... so the spreading the word as to where things are isn't easy. We try and post the information up on the forum but that doesn't always help you navigate the track when you arrive.

bottom line, we thank you all for coming and helping us identify the areas we can improve.

I've said this a couple times now, but, maybe we need to consider settling into the same track or track(s)

To all volunteers... You all did a great job on the event! Lots of effort to do an event as this.

This was my first time attending, and I also was a booth car for Livernois Motorsports. I did wonder on where/when the car show registration was, and even walked into the GM booth looking.

I assumed all the activity in the GM booth was selling the C5 merchandise, and for PA annoucements, after awhile I did'nt listen since moslty was for drag race reporting or auto-cross. since I did none of those, natuarlly tuned it out.

None the less, I had a awesum time, and made some new friends!

Looking forward to next year.

Tim S
xtreme2s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 02:47 PM   #25
Ivan @ Southwest Speed

Drives: '15 Z06, '01 NBM SS, '97 SS
"....for like ever."

Thread winner. LOL

Congrats to the winners....it's awesome bringing one of these home from CF!
Ivan
Ivan @ Southwest Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 03:08 PM   #26
Lemondrop 69

Drives: Yellow 1969 convert
Let's be glad it rain,because if they can't tell us winners by now!
They wasn't ready to do it Saturday! like they had planned!
Great place for Camaro event,just hope it grows and show gets bigger!
Lemondrop 69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 03:52 PM   #27
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemondrop 69 View Post
Let's be glad it rain,because if they can't tell us winners by now!
They wasn't ready to do it Saturday! like they had planned!
Great place for Camaro event,just hope it grows and show gets bigger!
We were ready for Saturday. However they are all on their way home or just getting home and didn't send me the information to post.

That and they didn't know I had created these threads... so I get the blame for this one.
Old 08-06-2012, 05:44 PM   #28
Lemondrop 69

Drives: Yellow 1969 convert
Cool,I was hour and a half away at another
Show,left it to be back to orp by 5
Only to be told they wasn't doing it!
I could see doing it early,knowing rain was
Coming in!
But to not know for days is crazy lol
Lemondrop 69 is offline   Reply With Quote