Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Past Camaro Fests > 2012 Camaro5 Fest (III)

Old 08-08-2012, 09:02 AM   #43
fastfreddie
FreakyFast!

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS S/C NicKey #55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincy10SSRS View Post
fastfreddie,

Great looking car; congrats on the award. Where did you get your underhood bowtie? It looks very good and doesn't appear to be one of the $100+ metal ones.
Thanks!

The bowtie is a Showstopper product. All of my engine part covers are from Pete. He'll paint however you want. Link for bowtie: http://showstopperaccessories.com/pr...od-bowtie.html#

2010 2SS/RS #55 NicKey Stage 2S Super-Camaro custom painted by Pete (Mr. Showstopper)
Build Thread: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=250743
fastfreddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 09:44 AM   #44
Cincy10SSRS

Drives: 2010 2SS RS M6
Hmm, guess I was wrong about it being a $100 one, it's $155! Looks great but a little out of my range for a cosmetic piece that won't get seen that often. Doesn't mean I wouldn't love to have one though.
Traded-in car: K&N Typhoon intake, JBA Shorty headers, Solo mid-pipes/hi-flow cats, GMPP Track Pack axle-back, Vmax ported TB, Billet Custom catch can, billet tensioner pulley, Hines Hex Vents, Z/TA rear spoiler, ProCustom headlight covers, Drake black/riveted quarter window covers, GM satin fuel door, chrome and brushed caps/covers under the hood, EmblemPros underhood bowtie & fuel rail "Camaro" plates, chrome "SS" door kick-panels, chrome trunk latch plate & strut rods, Street Scene lower grille ducts w/LED lights, front bowtie-delete, Yates Performance pedals, 35% tint, etc.
Cincy10SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 11:07 AM   #45
chevy 3
NEcamaro5

Drives: Black 2ss rs 1LE
Jill (my daughter) and I got the Fitzpatrick award and I'll post later tonight.
chevy 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 11:57 AM   #46
fastfreddie
FreakyFast!

So, we're still waiting on winners to be announced, correct? Or did I miss something?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2010 2SS/RS #55 NicKey Stage 2S Super-Camaro custom painted by Pete (Mr. Showstopper)
Old 08-08-2012, 12:30 PM   #47
Adam's Polishes

Drives: The shiny ones.
The trophies are on a pallet headed back to our warehouse and should arrive on Thursday. As soon as we have them we'll take pics to post here along with announcing the winners.

Since we had planned on handing the awards to each person at the event we didn't have any images ready to go and these awards are awesome so we want everyone to see them.
Adam's Polishes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 12:33 PM   #48
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Awesome is an understatement!

I was with Joe when you guys pulled those awards out. Just beautiful!!!

I can't wait until everyone gets to see them!
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 01:06 PM   #49
Ladyblack

Drives: Camaro 2Lt 2010
honor trophee for camaroblack. camaro
Attached Images

Old 08-08-2012, 01:08 PM   #50
atma
disco kryptonite

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS LS3
well, the whole stock was certainly not based on any bad information i'd received. i guess I was really just kind of basing off of the difficulty a show like Camaro5Fest sort of can't help but be faced with. First, there's the challenge of judging potentially hundreds of the same model car. This in and of itself pointed my thinking toward a scoring system based off of creativity and uniqueness (which often but does not always mean more money, more mods). Combine that with the difficulty of using a point system based primarily on cleanliness. those who bought their cars, locked it in a garage and kept it hidden in an enclosed trailer all the way to Fest have an inherent advantage over someone who, for example, bought the car and absolutely loves it, drives the hell out of it as his daily driver, but is missing a dfecent amount of paint on his front bumper because the city of Baltimore fixes potholes by literally dumping gravel into it, then just sort of scattering any extra with a broom. By the time the car is driven out to Indy (the cruise out is half the fun) the owner is now left with the choice of relaxing, socializing and enjoying as much as he can of what may, in fact, be his (or her) only vacation that year or spend every waking second cleaning the parts of the car you just cleaned three times, but it's tough when there's no real access to water. Plus basing a show score primarily off cleanliness gives a huge advantage to those that use Adam's produc... ohhhh! nevermind. I just got it. hahahaha. no,, but seriously, you all don't know how excited I am to receive the Adam's products I bought out at Fest and do my first FULL ADAMS DETAIL!! okay, tangent. anyways, i guess what I'm saying is this really seemed like it had to be way tougher than a normal car show to judge and i really commend you guys for puttin' yourselves out there like that. I'm sure all the stuff i thought of was something you'd all discussed ad nauseum. in the end, though, how do you pick just one?!?
Old 08-08-2012, 01:30 PM   #51
Dangeruss
Bayoucitymusclecars.com

Drives: Camaro LSX
I was chosen by Daniel Gifford of GM as his favorite Camaro. He is the design manager for accessories, which makes it even more important to me.

I'm anxious to hear the results of the car show, but being chosen by one the guys that design all this is a huge honor.
Attached Images

Dangeruss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 01:48 PM   #52
fastfreddie
FreakyFast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan@Adams View Post
The trophies are on a pallet headed back to our warehouse and should arrive on Thursday. As soon as we have them we'll take pics to post here along with announcing the winners.

Since we had planned on handing the awards to each person at the event we didn't have any images ready to go and these awards are awesome so we want everyone to see them.
Thanks for information, Dylan. Cleaned my car last night with my new Adams products obtained at the fest. I'm a new fan!

Old 08-08-2012, 02:42 PM   #53
Rangore

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS 45th Anniversary Ed
Old 08-08-2012, 04:27 PM   #54
MLL67RSSS
Account Suspended

Drives: car
atma the C5 guys and GM, I believe through our past association and shows with Fbodfather (IndY2k,Indy08, etc.) had asked us, the Central Indiana Camaro Club (CICC) to do the car show registration and judging. So for anything other than the Moderator/GM choice awards that we've already seen some of here, it's on us. I see you do get the point on how hard it is to judge a show like this. Please don't misconstrue, if you have to choose between two fantastic cars, if you find a little un-detailed area, or something not quite finished on one and not on the other what do you do? Cleanliness was certainly NOT a major consideration but it can be a factor. Also when you have to compare and judge some pretty highly modified cars against some that are mostly stock you've got to draw the line somewhere. It's all in the details!!! Certainly can't be on how many mods, or how much money was spent. One of the reasons I didn't want to judge, we all love our cars and would all love to take home a trophy! Ultimately this event really isn't just a regular "car show" or big SUPER CHEVY type event. It's an enthusiast Meet and Greet event to see who's behind all those funny screen names, with AutoX, drag racing, and some extra fun. It's to have CAMAR(O)aderie with all other Camaro lovers in all forms. For what this event is, and what it is about, I have to say they did an INCREDIBLE job!!! It really is quite an undertaking in ones spare time, especially on a yearly basis. If you've never been involved in something like it you can't even BEGIN to imagine all the HUGE, and seemingly thousands of little things that need to get taken care of (we worked on the Indy08 show for almost 2 years).

Hats off to the Camaro5 group!!!

(and didn't ANY of you take a picture of my car? I forgot my camera)

Last edited by MLL67RSSS; 08-08-2012 at 04:48 PM.
MLL67RSSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 06:08 PM   #55
Lemondrop 69

Drives: Yellow 1969 convert
And the winners are???????????????

Still waiting lol
Lemondrop 69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 06:59 PM   #56
atma
disco kryptonite

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLL67RSSS View Post
atma the C5 guys and GM, I believe through our past association and shows with Fbodfather (IndY2k,Indy08, etc.) had asked us, the Central Indiana Camaro Club (CICC) to do the car show registration and judging. So for anything other than the Moderator/GM choice awards that we've already seen some of here, it's on us. I see you do get the point on how hard it is to judge a show like this. Please don't misconstrue, if you have to choose between two fantastic cars, if you find a little un-detailed area, or something not quite finished on one and not on the other what do you do? Cleanliness was certainly NOT a major consideration but it can be a factor. Also when you have to compare and judge some pretty highly modified cars against some that are mostly stock you've got to draw the line somewhere. It's all in the details!!! Certainly can't be on how many mods, or how much money was spent. One of the reasons I didn't want to judge, we all love our cars and would all love to take home a trophy! Ultimately this event really isn't just a regular "car show" or big SUPER CHEVY type event. It's an enthusiast Meet and Greet event to see who's behind all those funny screen names, with AutoX, drag racing, and some extra fun. It's to have CAMAR(O)aderie with all other Camaro lovers in all forms. For what this event is, and what it is about, I have to say they did an INCREDIBLE job!!! It really is quite an undertaking in ones spare time, especially on a yearly basis. If you've never been involved in something like it you can't even BEGIN to imagine all the HUGE, and seemingly thousands of little things that need to get taken care of (we worked on the Indy08 show for almost 2 years).

Hats off to the Camaro5 group!!!

(and didn't ANY of you take a picture of my car? I forgot my camera)

I really appreciate you guys sort of letting me kind of air out my misconceptions and clearing a lot of it up for me. This was my first Fest and my plan was to just do everything I could manage to get into that was being offered, including the opening cruise, the drag race clinic, the car show, etc. I opted to not do any racing simply because i wanted to be able to take it all in and not have to feel like I had any obligations. With all of the moving parts and all of the things going on (I actually pointed out to my gf at one point that you could be driving or spectating in either event, at vendor alley, hanging out at the parking lot or still back at the hotel at that very moment and still be totally participating in fest), the hiccup I experienced with the car show registration was the only duck that wasn't quite in a row, and they were more than helpful in getting that issue resolved post-haste. considering you guys are not event coordinators for a living, simply enthusiasts like the rest of us, i gotta say hats off to each and every one of you. i already can't wait 'til next year (you'll definitely see me on the strip) but really thank you so much.

just know that all that street cred you guys earned are dwindling by the second these results don't get posted!! people have jobs they gotta get t! they can't keep checking back here!