Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Old 10-18-2011, 05:35 PM   #1
Gigachip
Runs on Starbucks

Drives: 2012 SVT Raptor
Send a message via AIM to Gigachip
Just bought tuner from Jannetty

Bought the tuner, and paid the $50 for the 91 octane tune. How does this work? I'm guessing as the instructions read, the tuner comes with no tune on it. So I would have to follow the instructions :
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...Jannetty+Tuner
is it simple to do? kinda hesitant because its the first time I do something like this
Old 10-18-2011, 05:37 PM   #2
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigachip View Post
Bought the tuner, and paid the $50 for the 91 octane tune. How does this work? I'm guessing as the instructions read, the tuner comes with no tune on it. So I would have to follow the instructions :
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...Jannetty+Tuner
is it simple to do? kinda hesitant because its the first time I do something like this
Thank you, We will be happy to assist you with any of your questions or concerns.

The tuner comes with step by step instructions.

Any questions don't hesitate to give us a call.

Thanks

Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 05:46 PM   #3
Gigachip
Runs on Starbucks

Drives: 2012 SVT Raptor
Send a message via AIM to Gigachip
ok, if I go outside and start, but then have to go somewhere, nothing is going to be affected right?
Old 10-18-2011, 06:10 PM   #4
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigachip View Post
ok, if I go outside and start, but then have to go somewhere, nothing is going to be affected right?
It only takes 5-10 minutes to upload a Copy of your stock tune file to the tuner.

You must NOT disturb this process once you start it.

When your done taking a copy of your stock tune you can drive your car just fine.

Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 06:31 PM   #5
mgoodbar
White 2ss, LT, CAI, Tune

Drives: 2010 L99
what Ted said.. turn off the radio, role down the windows, if your hot, before you start. close the door and dont touch nothing when ya start... hang out and let it do its thing...

then take it inside and hook it up to your pc. open the SCT window. select up-load your tune to pc or something like that. then email it to ted. he will change some stuff and send it back to ya. save your new tune to your desk top. open up you SCT window. select up-load custom tune to hand held device. there is a browse button on there. then load the tune to your device take it out side and install it on your car... again dont mess with any thing wile you are loading a tune or you will have to start all over...... hope this helps some

owww you may have to load a disk to your pc, or got to the SCT web sight and down load some soft ware.. should be in Teds instructions....
mgoodbar is offline   Reply With Quote