Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics > Engine | Exhaust | Bolt-On | Drivetrain Modifications

Old 11-08-2014, 06:59 AM   #1
1LE Red Dragon
Train Driver

Drives: 2018 Summit White ZL1 1LE
Magnaflow 3" ZL1 15053 Cat Back Sits Low

I installed the Magnaflow 3" ZL1 Cat back tonight. The x-pipe part can fit two ways, but pipes didn't fit great one way, so I swapped it so it's offset down slightly. The middle pipes are Driver side and Passenger side, but they weren't marked. The diagram showed a longer straight portion at the exit of the passenger side one, so that's how I installed it. Things line up well and sounds great. The x pipe assembly is very close to the body in one place on.both sides, but other than that good clearance from the body. But back by the rear diff the pipes come down low before coming back up to the mufflers inlets. All slip.fights are fitted property and clamped up nice.

Is the very low ground clearance in the rear diff area normal for 3" Magnaflow systems?

Any under car pictures of some 3" Magnaflow systems, to compare to mine. I would guess about 6" ground clearance at lowest point.

Am I good or need to do some refitting.

BTW, mine is the ZL1 version since I have a 1LE that came with factory NPP exhaust. But the parts are identical except for the mufflers. Mine has dual outlet and 16483 kit has single outlet mufflers.

Thanks for any help.
1LE Red Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 08:14 PM   #2
Shrek

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
I have the same one and it does sit really low. I did long tube headers and I'm going to switch to stainless works because I don't like where it necks down to 2.5" at the front of the x pipe
Roto-Fab Intake, Apex Catch Can, Stainless Works 2" long tube headers with cat delete, Stainless Works 3" retro chambered catback, ATI Super Damper with 10% overdrive lower pulley, tuned by JRE. Sitting on Black MRR 228's wrapped in MT's.
Shrek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 10:12 PM   #3
1LE Red Dragon
Train Driver

Drives: 2018 Summit White ZL1 1LE
Ok. Well that makes me feel better. The exhaust is really nice. You could always cut out the 2.5" part and makes it a full 3" system. Should cost much a tv a muffler shop.
1LE Red Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 10:25 AM   #4
lopycam

Drives: 15 1ss 1le yellow
Hi guys,
did anybody ever find or post any pictures of this sitting low?

Thanks,
Nathan
lopycam is offline   Reply With Quote