Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 01-09-2015, 09:10 PM   #1
sixt3denied

Drives: 2012 1LT/RS BLACK w NOS
IPF TUNE - WORTH IT?

Anyone here have the IPF tune on your V6? Is it worth the cost? Please let me know what you think of it. Also, i have the Vitesse throttle controller. How does this play into the IPF tune? Gonna have some extra $$$ soon. Thinking about my next mod..

Any input from others with the IPF tune would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
BBK CAI, Dynomax Ultra Flow Exhaust, Vitesse Throttle Controller, 3M Dark Tint, BMR Subframe Connectors, BMR Drive Shaft Tunnel Brace, Bosch Brakes, Ny-Trex Triple Threat System, Glowshift NOS Gauge, Innovate LC-2 Wideband AFR Gauge, GM Strut Tower Brace, Elite Engineering Catch Can, Heritage Grill, Custom LFX Emblems, BAFX Bluetooth OBDII Interface, Torque Pro Logging, Big Worm Graphix Spears & Stripes,Niche M117 Misano Wheels, MGP Caliper Covers
sixt3denied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 10:29 PM   #2
pinoyscorpion951

Drives: 2016 Bright Yellow 2SS A8
I have the IPF tune. Had it done by Mike at Hillbank Motorsports. Love it. I also got the throttle controller when it came out. Plays very well with the tune. As a matter of fact the throttle controller felt like I got another IPF tune on top of the on I already had....times 3!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixt3denied View Post
Anyone here have the IPF tune on your V6? Is it worth the cost? Please let me know what you think of it. Also, i have the Vitesse throttle controller. How does this play into the IPF tune? Gonna have some extra $$$ soon. Thinking about my next mod..

Any input from others with the IPF tune would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
pinoyscorpion951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 01:17 PM   #3
sixt3denied

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinoyscorpion951 View Post
I have the IPF tune. Had it done by Mike at Hillbank Motorsports. Love it. I also got the throttle controller when it came out. Plays very well with the tune. As a matter of fact the throttle controller felt like I got another IPF tune on top of the on I already had....times 3!!!!
Thanks for your thoughts on this!
BBK CAI, Dynomax Ultra Flow Exhaust, Vitesse Throttle Controller, 3M Dark Tint, BMR Subframe Connectors, BMR Drive Shaft Tunnel Brace, Bosch Brakes, Ny-Trex Triple Threat System, Glowshift NOS Gauge, Innovate LC-2 Wideband AFR Gauge, GM Strut Tower Brace, Elite Engineering Catch Can, Heritage Grill, Custom LFX Emblems, BAFX Bluetooth OBDII Interface, Torque Pro Logging, Big Worm Graphix Spears & Stripes,Niche M117 Misano Wheels, MGP Caliper Covers

Last edited by sixt3denied; 01-10-2015 at 01:45 PM.
Old 01-24-2015, 09:53 AM   #4
Crim

Drives: 13 Camaro SS
IPF Tune is the way to go on the V6
Crim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2015, 09:16 PM   #5
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Love my IPF tune on my LLT, but the programming is a different animal from the LFX engine. That said, still hear good things. But HP tuners is also a super strong choice for the LFX.
Old 01-26-2015, 10:39 AM   #6
IPF-Tuning

Drives: Camaro, CTS-V, Escalade, GMC Sierra
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
Love my IPF tune on my LLT, but the programming is a different animal from the LFX engine. That said, still hear good things. But HP tuners is also a super strong choice for the LFX.
Thanks, KMPrenger. You are correct the LLT and LFX and completely different animals as you already know. If you have access to an HP shop that has allot of experience with HP and this particular engine you can get good results, however not all tuners have the ability to correctly map these engines. We have been doing this for a long time and guarantee the results are reliable and safe. Over 70,000 customers globally using IPF Tuning since 2003. We have been tuning the DI engines since they were first introduced and have done 1000's of Camaro's. We also have the ability for the customer to remove and re-install the tuning files as they please for warranty purposes. Hope this helps.
IPF-Tuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 10:42 AM   #7
IPF-Tuning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crim View Post
IPF Tune is the way to go on the V6
Yes SIR!
Old 01-27-2015, 07:37 AM   #8
PlainEnvelopes

Drives: 2014 1LS BRM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinoyscorpion951 View Post
How did you like that shop? I am looking for a place in So Cal that will tune my car.

Next Mod:SOLO HFC, Lowering springs
PlainEnvelopes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 02:07 PM   #9
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by IPF-Tuning View Post
Thanks, KMPrenger. You are correct the LLT and LFX and completely different animals as you already know. If you have access to an HP shop that has allot of experience with HP and this particular engine you can get good results, however not all tuners have the ability to correctly map these engines. We have been doing this for a long time and guarantee the results are reliable and safe. Over 70,000 customers globally using IPF Tuning since 2003. We have been tuning the DI engines since they were first introduced and have done 1000's of Camaro's. We also have the ability for the customer to remove and re-install the tuning files as they please for warranty purposes. Hope this helps.
Right on. I might be a little reluctant to take my car to a shot that hasn't tuned the Camaro V6, or many DI engines before.
Old 01-30-2015, 01:26 PM   #10
A_DILLA
Optimus Prime

Drives: Camaro ZLS [COTW 09/22/14]
Ipf tune is what I have and I had it installed by Andy at ipf tune.. and bought it thru rick from J&R Performance. I added the throttle body controller and vitesse throttle body controller and put it to SP9. Forget about ittttttttttttttt! Completely different ball game.
A_DILLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 12:17 AM   #11
pinoyscorpion951

Drives: 2016 Bright Yellow 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlainEnvelopes View Post
How did you like that shop? I am looking for a place in So Cal that will tune my car.
Nick, Mike and Ashton at Hillbank Motorsports are awesome to interact with. I bumped into them at SEMA in December also. Highly knowledgeable, treat your car as if it was theirs and explain everything in detail. Great showroom and the cleanest, most organized garage I have ever seen. I see you're in SD so that would be a bit of a drive. If you have a free day and are willing do it, I highly recommend it. I actually have Nick's personal number so if you are really interested, let me know and I can give it to you via PM. The tune takes a bout an hour to an hour and a half to do and they will ask you for your VIN about 2-3 days before your tune date. My buddy at work had his done there also and now I have 2 more co-workers that are looking to get it done as well. Make sure you are running 91 octane gas for at least 2 weeks or more before your tune because this tune requires 91 or higher only. Also let them know if you have any CEL's that way they can download the correct programs to turn them off. At the minimum you will need a cold air intake and good flowing exhaust to realize the best gains with this tune. They don't advertise it on their webpage but they also do a TCU tune that I was told was just incredible if you have an automatic transmission. Good luck whatever your decision and hope this info helps. My car was actually featured on their Facebook page last year in September. If I'm not mistaken, they were one of the first one's to supercharge a V6 Camaro using the IPF supercharger. That car was a synergy green one driven by Mike Doescher who personally tuned my car (see attached pics). Great guy, he even did a courtesy drive afterwards and showed me how the IPF power tune had transformed the performance and responsiveness of my vehicle. If anyone knows anything about V6 Camaro's it's this guy. He's worked on them, supercharged them and driven them. I attached some pictures of them tuning my car in their showroom.
Attached Images

pinoyscorpion951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 11:43 AM   #12
IPF-Tuning

Thanks for all the support guys!!
Old 02-01-2015, 03:05 PM   #13
crc91

Drives: '14 1LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_DILLA View Post
Ipf tune is what I have and I had it installed by Andy at ipf tune.. and bought it thru rick from J&R Performance. I added the throttle body controller and vitesse throttle body controller and put it to SP9. Forget about ittttttttttttttt! Completely different ball game.
What are you trying to say?

Patiently waiting for my 2023 SS 1LE
crc91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 04:29 PM   #14
sixt3denied

Guys, isn't the IPF tune a (self install) tune? No dyno or anything? Plug in the module and it records your existing tune - then connect to a computer and upload it. Then it matches you up with a pre-made tune which you download to your computer & tune module - and then plug in and install on your car? IPF even has a video of a hot chick showing you the steps.

Confused as to why many of you are stating that you got the ipf tune done at a shop - when according to the ipf video you do it yourself in about 10 minutes.

Am i missing something?

Last edited by sixt3denied; 02-01-2015 at 07:32 PM.